Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 `Uke Talk
 I got my `ukulele - wee-ha
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

wcerto
Ahonui

USA
5052 Posts

Posted - 10/29/2007 :  12:59:53 PM  Show Profile
The nice UPS man brought me an `ukulele and kope from Maui Roasters. And the mail man brought a Keoki Kahumoku learn to play `ukulele DVD. What a nice day. And I made kalua pig for dinner. And I played and sang "White Sandy Beach" up until the Fm. Well, at least I did a C and an F. I am on my way!

Thanks friends for all your help and advice.

If interested, here are some pictures of my new baby. It really sounds great! And it is so pretty.
http://www.corddigitalhighway.com/Share/MakahaSons/ukulele

Anyone looking for `ukulele, I can vouch for musicguymic's great customer service.

Me ke aloha
Malama pono,
Wanda
Go to Top of Page

808bk
Akahai

82 Posts

Posted - 10/29/2007 :  2:19:00 PM  Show Profile
I love it when all my online orders come in on the same day. Almost like Christmas...

Don't forget to come visit us when you take a break from playing your new uke.
Go to Top of Page

NANI
Lokahi

USA
292 Posts

Posted - 10/30/2007 :  03:46:58 AM  Show Profile  Visit NANI's Homepage
CONGRATS on the new arrival ENJOY !

"A hui hou kakou, malama pono".
Nancy
Go to Top of Page

pittdg
Aloha

22 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2008 :  05:31:19 AM  Show Profile  Send pittdg a Yahoo! Message
I have been thinking about starting to learn the ukulele, and this forum has helped me out alot on getting a good head start. I'm not exactly sure which one to purchase. There are so many options, soprano or tenor, different kinds of wood, brands. Can I get some help as to where to start. I am not looking to spend over 250 dollars, but don't want one of those 50 dollar specials from the music stores here in Cleveland.
Go to Top of Page

wcerto
Ahonui

USA
5052 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2008 :  06:58:40 AM  Show Profile
Hey Pittdg - I can bring my Kala `ukulele to the hula workshop and you can see it and try it out (Only two weeks - woo-hoo!). I bought mine from Music Guy Mike in Kane`ohe, upon many TPer's opinions. I was fortunate to have Nani let me try out some of her & her son's `ukuleles. Mine sounds great, especially for the price. Try looking at e-bay under musicguymic. I love the action -- works great for me because I have peripheral neuropathy due to diabetes. I like the size of the fretboard, because too small didn't work for me. I think for the money I paid and the service I got from Music Guy Mike, I did well.

Send me your e-mail and I'll send you pictures.

Me ke aloha
Malama pono,
Wanda
Go to Top of Page

pittdg
Aloha

22 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2008 :  10:44:54 AM  Show Profile  Send pittdg a Yahoo! Message
I was on ebay and was looking at the various ukulele's. I seen the one your purchased on earlier posts. Nice uke, and if you remember , you can bring your uke to the hula workshop. I cannot wait, nothing like enjoying the hawaiian culture here in Cleveland. My wife and I are making some huli huli chicken in preparation. lol.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000