Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Hawaiian Slack Key Guitar / Hawaiian Music
 Gabby's Hula Medley
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

konavet
Aloha

USA
21 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2003 :  5:49:45 PM  Show Profile
I'm new to the forum, so apologies in advance if this isn't the right place to post this or if the info already exists and I haven't found it. Anyway, I've been looking for the music (preferably TAB) to Gabby's hula medley (also on Sonny's first Dancing Cat CD). I've got most of it figured out by ear, but there's a few parts that just baffle me. I don't know anyone to show me, so I guess I'll just have to hope someone out there has it written down.
Mahalo nui loa

Dr. Pat

cpatch
Ahonui

USA
2187 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2003 :  6:36:49 PM  Show Profile  Visit cpatch's Homepage  Send cpatch an AOL message
Aloha Pat, and welcome to the forum! The tab for Hula Medley appeared in issue #19 of Fingerstyle Guitar magazine (www.fingerstyleguitar.com).

(Hal Kinnaman's phone number removed from original post due to his use of other artists' material without their permission.)

Craig
My goal is to be able to play as well as people think I can.

Edited by - cpatch on 02/04/2003 1:08:01 PM
Go to Top of Page

konavet
Aloha

USA
21 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2003 :  9:09:51 PM  Show Profile
wow- that was fast. thanks for the info- now maybe i can learn to play it right.

Dr. Pat
Go to Top of Page

cpatch
Ahonui

USA
2187 Posts

Posted - 01/24/2003 :  02:59:44 AM  Show Profile  Visit cpatch's Homepage  Send cpatch an AOL message
You're welcome! Actually, I can go one better...send your mailing address to me at craig @ patchett.com. I just realized I have an extra copy (I bought the magazine and then later received a copy from Hal with some other tab) and would be more than happy to send it to you.

Craig
Go to Top of Page

cmdrpiffle
`Olu`olu

USA
553 Posts

Posted - 01/24/2003 :  05:56:30 AM  Show Profile
Konavet.......

You can actually do better than that. Come to the dark side...come to TaroPatch! :)

I'm kidding of course. However, any friend of Gabby a friend of ours.

"Bout time someone mentioned the Kahuna of Kiho'alu...........

bar none,
Mike

my Poodle is smarter than your honor student
Go to Top of Page

konavet
Aloha

USA
21 Posts

Posted - 01/24/2003 :  4:21:37 PM  Show Profile
Craig- thanks for the offer, but I immediately ordered the issue. Perhaps some other deserving soul might want it. Aloha.

Dr. Pat
Go to Top of Page

konavet
Aloha

USA
21 Posts

Posted - 02/02/2003 :  8:16:49 PM  Show Profile
Oops- wrong Hula Medley. I got the back issue from Fingerstyle Guitar and while it's a nice beginners piece, it's not the one I was looking for.(I guess you wondered why I was having so much trouble figuring it out.) The Hula Medley I'm looking for is on Hanaola/ Cord records- History of Slack Key Guitar (Vintage Hawaiian Treasures Vol. 7), performed by Gabby Pahinui. It's also on Sonny Chillingworth's 1st Dancing Cat CD, which I can't find at the moment. The waltz section is the part I just can't get. Anyone know how to play it?

Dr. Pat
Go to Top of Page

cpatch
Ahonui

USA
2187 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2003 :  02:52:20 AM  Show Profile  Visit cpatch's Homepage  Send cpatch an AOL message
Sorry Pat...I just assumed it was the same piece.

Craig
Go to Top of Page

konavet
Aloha

USA
21 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2003 :  12:52:38 AM  Show Profile
No problem, Craig. I like the mag and ended up subscribing. I'm always looking for new material and this looks like a good source.
Aloha

Dr. Pat
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000