Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Performance/Event Announcements & Reviews
 Pakele Lounge - Wed 10/24 (tonight!)
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 10/24/2007 :  7:50:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
Having Herb and his Dad were such a treat. Yeah, go Chino!

Andy
Go to Top of Page

markwitz
`Olu`olu

USA
841 Posts

Posted - 10/24/2007 :  8:14:41 PM  Show Profile
We have seen legends from the past, present and future tonight.

"The music of the Hawaiians, the most fascinating in the world, is still in my ears and
haunts me sleeping and waking."
Mark Twain
Go to Top of Page

Momi
Lokahi

402 Posts

Posted - 10/24/2007 :  8:14:59 PM  Show Profile
I knew Chino was a guitar wizard, but I had no idea he could sing. And boy, can he SING! His "Ikona" gave me cheeeken skiiin.

And putting the Kamakahis on last is the best way to guarantee that folks on the Mainland will be going to sleep late. I love those genetically-engineered harmonies.
Go to Top of Page

markwitz
`Olu`olu

USA
841 Posts

Posted - 10/24/2007 :  8:32:24 PM  Show Profile
Hawai'i nei. Land of the "genetically-engineered harmonies" is absolutely right. I am constantly in awe of that fact.

"The music of the Hawaiians, the most fascinating in the world, is still in my ears and
haunts me sleeping and waking."
Mark Twain
Go to Top of Page

HerbJr
Aloha

USA
39 Posts

Posted - 10/24/2007 :  10:26:38 PM  Show Profile  Visit HerbJr's Homepage
Aloha Everyone,

It was a very special evening for me. Not because it was my Cd release party, it was because of all the great Taropatchers out there supporting our music. Thank you for all the comments and all of you tuning in. We really had a great time.
Would also like to say thanks to Pali for suggesting to have a release party. You and the guys are awesome! It was a sure hard act to follow! Also to Chino Montero! I asked Chino to do this because he told me he was working on a solo project. I told him that it would be a great event for him to showcase himself. He has always been behind someone! Now it is his time! Chino sounded great.....Now everyone knows that not only is he an awesome musician, but a awesome vocalist as well! Boy can he sing! Thank you to legendary composer, entertainer, and all around great guy Uncle Dennis Kamakahi! Thank you for making time to be a part of this event! David, what can I say? We've been performing, touring with one another for the last 3 years! Thanks for being there! Thanks to Jon Yamasato (Jokester) and Mike Guerrero for helping me sound better! Thank you both for being there for me! To Braddah Wade for being a wonderful MC! To KoAloha 'Ukuleles for
giving away an 'ukulele! Thank you for making me great 'Ukuleles, but most importantly, being great people and friends! Would like to say a special thank you to my Father! It was nice to see him enjoying himself! Talking to Aunty Genoa Keawe, Uncle Kimo Kahohano. It was just a great evening. Thank you again to Ala Moana Hotel and their staff for allowing this to happen! And again, to all of you who tuned in!

MAHALO!
Herb Ohta, Jr.

Herb Ohta, Jr.
www.herbohtajr.com
www.hojfc.com
www.herbohtajr.net
Go to Top of Page

hawaiianmusiclover06
`Olu`olu

USA
562 Posts

Posted - 10/24/2007 :  11:24:27 PM  Show Profile  Visit hawaiianmusiclover06's Homepage  Send hawaiianmusiclover06 an AOL message  Click to see hawaiianmusiclover06's MSN Messenger address  Send hawaiianmusiclover06 a Yahoo! Message
Mahalo for a great performance at Pakele tonight Herb! Also great set Pali glad to hear you on my PC! Now, I need to go buy the CD!

Alana :)

Aloha Kakou, maluhia a me aloha mau loa (Hello everyone, peace and love forever)
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 10/25/2007 :  04:16:06 AM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
Herb,

Thanks for doing your CD release party at Pakele Live. Thanks Pali. So glad that we could enjoy the show from wherever we are in the world. Why limit the CD release party to Honolulu? Maybe this is the beginning of a trend? Look forward to watching Auntie Genoa next week!

Andy
Go to Top of Page

MahinaM
Lokahi

USA
389 Posts

Posted - 10/25/2007 :  2:38:16 PM  Show Profile  Visit MahinaM's Homepage
Aloha Herb,

I just caught the tail end of the show with you and your father. Wow! Gave me chicken skin, man. You all sounded so wonderful. Mahalo Pali for making these shows possible. I'm going to have to cut out of band practice early to catch these more often. They're the next best thing to being there! - M
Go to Top of Page

Susie Kagami
Akahai

USA
69 Posts

Posted - 10/31/2007 :  12:58:32 AM  Show Profile  Visit Susie Kagami's Homepage
Herb and Pali,

It was so wonderful to be 2390 miles across the pacific ocean and be able to see and hear live these entertainers we love. Thank you so much Pali for this special gift. And a big Thank you to Herb for putting on a GREAT show. Working with Herb for a while now, one thing I really appreciate about him is his generosity. He does so much to encourage others and loves to share the stage to showcase these very talented musicians.

We've gotta get more of these guys out here, yeah? Wouldn't you love to see Herb and his Dad together on stage again? How about Chino...wow! Maybe in 2008?

Anyhow, I'll be sure to keep spreading the word about alohavideo.tv here on the mainland. It wont be long before you'll have us all glued to our screens every Wed. night.

Again, we sooo appreciate it.
Susie
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000