Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Da Kine Music Gear
 GAS Stories (Guitar Acquisition Syndrome)
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Mika ele
Ha`aha`a

USA
1493 Posts

Posted - 10/29/2007 :  1:15:48 PM  Show Profile
Wanda -- you women are jealous creatures. If I spend more time with my four mistresses in my music room (2 guitars and 2 ukuleles) than her -- my wife gets upset. So if I spend an hour "practicing" in the music room -- I get to spend an hour "listening".

good thing my ears are bad . . . .

E nana, e ho'olohe. E pa'a ka waha, e hana ka lima.
Go to Top of Page

javeiro
Lokahi

USA
459 Posts

Posted - 10/29/2007 :  1:44:45 PM  Show Profile
Wanda: I like your line of reasoning very much. If my wife weren't already so terrific about my penchant to spend money, I might show her that to try and persuade her!

Mika ele: It can't be all that bad, you married her after all! Maybe you just need to make sure she gets to spend some money and time on some hobby that she likes, freeing up some time for you and your instruments?

Aloha,
John A.
Go to Top of Page

rendesvous1840
Ha`aha`a

USA
1055 Posts

Posted - 10/29/2007 :  3:42:45 PM  Show Profile
A young couple were engaged, and at the shower the bride was telling her family about her intended's liking to fish and hunt."But I'll put a stop to that after we're married," she stated. One of her aunties said," Child, if a man's worth having, he's going to chase something. It might be cards and horses, or it might be booze or women. Your best bet is to decide what you want him to chase, and help." For a good many years, we couldn't spare money for new guitar strings very often, so Wanda started buying me strings for Christmas. At least they got changed once a year.
I started on a lot of the same songs mentioned above, and when I started playing in coffee shops, our daughter Karen came up on stage to sing Puff and Blowin' In The Wind , long after I had moved on to other stuff. I took her to her first concert at about 6 years old-Pete Seeger.Despite her listening to Nirvana and Smashing Pumpkins, she still listened to Peter, Paul & Mary.If nothing else, our girls heard a lot of musical variety at home.
Paul

"A master banjo player isn't the person who can pick the most notes.It's the person who can touch the most hearts." Patrick Costello
Go to Top of Page

Leonard
Lokahi

USA
124 Posts

Posted - 10/30/2007 :  06:53:27 AM  Show Profile  Visit Leonard's Homepage
Just to set the record straight: I was joking about hiding it from my wife. She likes to listen while I play and I don't complain when she buys stuff either. She's a pearl of great price. LRR

Be the change that you wish to see in the world. M. Gandhi
Go to Top of Page

javeiro
Lokahi

USA
459 Posts

Posted - 10/30/2007 :  07:48:15 AM  Show Profile
Leonard: I think we all knew you were being funny......at least I thought so! Aren't we all so fortunate to have understanding spouses?

Aloha,
John A.
Go to Top of Page

RWD
`Olu`olu

USA
850 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2007 :  11:10:50 AM  Show Profile
A warning to all who have, or suspect they have GAS.
Avoid trying a McPherson guitar. It's just gonna break your heart if you don't have that kind of money.
BTW, my wife and I have a compromise. If I buy an expensive guitar, she also gets to buy something expensive. When I bought the Mauel, she bought a high end digital SLR.
That has just about put an end to my expensive guitars.

Bob

Edited by - RWD on 11/02/2007 01:04:54 AM
Go to Top of Page

wcerto
Ahonui

USA
5052 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2007 :  11:25:41 PM  Show Profile
Marriage does not always have to be tit for tat. Sometimes we let the boys have all the tat for a while.

Me ke aloha
Malama pono,
Wanda
Go to Top of Page

RWD
`Olu`olu

USA
850 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2007 :  01:26:29 AM  Show Profile
Wanda
very interesting way to put it but you are making me be good. LOL

Bob
Go to Top of Page

guitarded
Ha`aha`a

USA
1799 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2007 :  03:48:56 AM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by wcerto

Marriage does not always have to be tit for tat. Sometimes we let the boys have all the tat for a while.
I think most of us would prefer the tit, instead.
Go to Top of Page

wcerto
Ahonui

USA
5052 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2007 :  04:06:30 AM  Show Profile
Braddah Ed - I am shocked! I deliberately didn't say let the boys have all the oddah thing, on account of that is what you boys think about alla time anyhow. Or even if for instance a girl talks about, did you see the picture of that huge puhi on the fishing web site? and the boy says...eh, I got one huge puhi for you.

Me ke aloha
Malama pono,
Wanda
Go to Top of Page

thumbstruck
Ahonui

USA
2164 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2007 :  04:48:59 AM  Show Profile
Guitars and other instruments are appendages for communication. Me: Martin D-18, Dobro squareneck, MK mandolin, Martin soprano ukulele, Karntnerland 5-row DGCFBb, bag of harmonicas, and a low end Ovation for the polka band (temperature changes for festivals from warm indoors to cold outside). A friend told me, "Different guitars, different gigs."
Go to Top of Page

guitarded
Ha`aha`a

USA
1799 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2007 :  11:13:03 AM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by wcerto

Braddah Ed - I am shocked! I deliberately didn't say let the boys have all the oddah thing, on account of that is what you boys think about alla time anyhow. Or even if for instance a girl talks about, did you see the picture of that huge puhi on the fishing web site? and the boy says...eh, I got one huge puhi for you.
"Margarita, Margarita, please touch my hinalea!
We go in da dark and we don't need a spear!"
Go to Top of Page

wcerto
Ahonui

USA
5052 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2007 :  11:45:35 AM  Show Profile
That might be what got me hooked on Iz to begin with...that and "I'm gonna get you yet" or "when we pu insai".

PS: and it ain't never as huge as the boy opines it to be, anyhow. Boys are poor at estimating measurements. Hey, me with my calibrated eyeballs, I can see differences of maybe .002", without verniers.

Me ke aloha
Malama pono,
Wanda

Edited by - wcerto on 11/02/2007 11:48:48 AM
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.12 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000