Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Performance/Event Announcements & Reviews
 Ho`olohe Hou Features Genoa Keawe - 11/4
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

hwnmusiclives
`Olu`olu

USA
580 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2007 :  09:25:26 AM  Show Profile  Visit hwnmusiclives's Homepage
For those of you who didn't catch Billy V's kind "plug" for this week's Ho`olohe Hou broadcast on Pakele Live! last night, this week's show will - naturally! - feature the music of Aunty Genoa Keawe from her first recording in 1946 through her most recent recordings including her guest appearances on CDs with Raiatea Helm, Pali, Zanuck Lindsey, and the Ho`opi`i Brothers. At least an hour of the program will feature rare and out-of-print music from Aunty Genoa's 49th State Records catalog, and the rest of the program will focus on 50 years of Aunty Genoa as back-up singer, bandleader, mentor, and even record producer.

Sunday, November 4th
1pm HST
3pm PST
6pm EST
www.50thstateradio.com

Join me for the history of Hawaiian music and its musicians at Ho`olohe Hou at www.hoolohehou.org.

Edited by - hwnmusiclives on 11/02/2007 02:41:07 AM

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2007 :  09:37:57 AM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
Nice plug! I caught that and will be be tuning in.

Andy
Go to Top of Page

kaleokeawe
Aloha

USA
7 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2007 :  08:30:06 AM  Show Profile
Aloha Nui Loa Bill,

Aunty Genoa will be listening in on your radio broadcast all about her. She wants to thank everyone for tuning in on her birthday event last Wed. at Pakele Live. It sure was great celebration. People cannot say enough about it. Some of the people that attended Wed. night also went to the Marriott Waikiki to see her again. Rain and all. It was packed house at the Marriott. Nobody gave up. The rain came for about 20-30 minutes then left for the rest of the night. Then it was a beautiful moonlit night to enjoy the rest of the evening with the many hula dancers and entertainer including Raiatea Helm, Keahi Conjugation, Ron Miyashiro, Mahealani Keale and Jerry Santos. Weeha! It was a great evening again.

Friday, Tonight? It's a private family night celebration. This gives her full attention to all her prosperity. She has so much as 40 grand children, then about 50+ Great grandchildren, then about 30+ GG grandchildren. Whoooah! Cooca Piela children, nephews, neices and their ohana. Yes, family only. This will allow the mo'opuna to spend time with her without the public interference.

Aunty gives everyone her love and appreciation for everyones aloha.
Mahalo!

Hale O' Keawe Mau Loa
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2007 :  08:38:57 AM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
Aloha e Eric,

Thanks for registering and posting a note. Great to have you here at Taropatch.net.

I got to see Aunty Genoa perform at Carnegie Hall quite a few years back. It was great fun to watch the Pakele Live show on the internet!

Andy
Go to Top of Page

hawaiianmusiclover06
`Olu`olu

USA
562 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2007 :  4:31:00 PM  Show Profile  Visit hawaiianmusiclover06's Homepage  Send hawaiianmusiclover06 an AOL message  Click to see hawaiianmusiclover06's MSN Messenger address  Send hawaiianmusiclover06 a Yahoo! Message
Aloha mai e Eric! E komo mai to the patch! Mahalo nui loa for posting. Aunty Genoa still looks young!

Alana :)

Aloha Kakou, maluhia a me aloha mau loa (Hello everyone, peace and love forever)
Go to Top of Page

Beth
Aloha

USA
13 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2007 :  4:47:44 PM  Show Profile
Player is downloaded, page is bookmarked. I have my own personal three year old critic who's only exposure to any kind of island music has been from 'bikini bottom.' We'll definitly be there!
Go to Top of Page

kaleokeawe
Aloha

USA
7 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2007 :  6:53:51 PM  Show Profile
Mahalo Andy,

I really appreciate everyone's love for my mother. She has been very busy these past few days. I enjoyed reading your messages regarding the Pakele Live. I really loved the fun things that was said just for you east coast to stay awake. the best comment, "You know your loosing it when you yell at the computer, "HANA HOU!"

Regards,
Eric Keawe

quote:
Originally posted by Admin

Aloha e Eric,

Thanks for registering and posting a note. Great to have you here at Taropatch.net.

I got to see Aunty Genoa perform at Carnegie Hall quite a few years back. It was great fun to watch the Pakele Live show on the internet!

Hale O' Keawe Mau Loa
Go to Top of Page

kaleokeawe
Aloha

USA
7 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2007 :  6:56:02 PM  Show Profile
Mahalo for your nice remark. Mother is doing well for her age. Everyone is so surprised at how active she is and are indeed greatful that she can still sing in pitch.

quote:
Originally posted by hawaiianmusiclover06

Aloha mai e Eric! E komo mai to the patch! Mahalo nui loa for posting. Aunty Genoa still looks young!

Alana :)

Hale O' Keawe Mau Loa
Go to Top of Page

alika207
Ha`aha`a

USA
1260 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2007 :  01:55:41 AM  Show Profile  Visit alika207's Homepage  Send alika207 an AOL message  Click to see alika207's MSN Messenger address  Send alika207 a Yahoo! Message
As I've said before, I'm definitely tuning into Ho'olohe Hou tonight! It should be fun! You da man Bill!

Oh yeah, were you in Hawai'i Nei on Wednesday night? Did you sing with/for her?

He kehau ho'oma'ema'e ke aloha.

'Alika / Polinahe
Go to Top of Page

hwnmusiclives
`Olu`olu

USA
580 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2007 :  11:49:47 AM  Show Profile  Visit hwnmusiclives's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by hawaiianmusicfan138

As I've said before, I'm definitely tuning into Ho'olohe Hou tonight! It should be fun! You da man Bill!

Oh yeah, were you in Hawai'i Nei on Wednesday night? Did you sing with/for her?

Regrettably, I was not. But I am planning on it next year!

Please - PLEASE - tune in tonight. As ever, I enjoyed putting this show together. And at the same time, this is the one that almost killed me. Referencing another thread here, if this had been "real radio," I would have failed - miserably.

Now I know why they call them "labors of love." There's the labor, and then there is the love...

Join me for the history of Hawaiian music and its musicians at Ho`olohe Hou at www.hoolohehou.org.
Go to Top of Page

Beth
Aloha

USA
13 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2007 :  12:37:07 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Regrettably, I was not. But I am planning on it next year!

Please - PLEASE - tune in tonight. As ever, I enjoyed putting this show together. And at the same time, this is the one that almost killed me. Referencing another thread here, if this had been "real radio," I would have failed - miserably.

Now I know why they call them "labors of love." There's the labor, and then there is the love...
I'd like to personally apoligize for your exaustion. My fingers are raw from talking too much. I can't wait for 6p.m. I know it will be awesome.
Go to Top of Page

markwitz
`Olu`olu

USA
841 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2007 :  1:06:29 PM  Show Profile
Hey Bill,
I see that 50thState radio says that the program is almost 140 minutes not the normal 120. Is that true? You could go on 24/7 as far as I'm concerned.

"The music of the Hawaiians, the most fascinating in the world, is still in my ears and
haunts me sleeping and waking."
Mark Twain
Go to Top of Page

kaleokeawe
Aloha

USA
7 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2007 :  2:23:15 PM  Show Profile
Bill,

Mother is enjoying the music. It brings back so much memory for her. She recalls musicians and times in the studio.

Hale O' Keawe Mau Loa
Go to Top of Page

MahinaM
Lokahi

USA
389 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2007 :  3:59:49 PM  Show Profile  Visit MahinaM's Homepage
Aloha Bill,

Wow! I just finished hearing the last of the broadcast. Your closing words made me tear up, man. What an incredible program you put together for Aunty Genoa! I really enjoyed listening to all the recordings you assembled and the history behind her music and personal life. It was a beautiful tribute to her that I'm sure will be appreciated by Aunty, her family, friends, and fans. Great job, brah! - Maggie
Go to Top of Page

alika207
Ha`aha`a

USA
1260 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2007 :  4:03:16 PM  Show Profile  Visit alika207's Homepage  Send alika207 an AOL message  Click to see alika207's MSN Messenger address  Send alika207 a Yahoo! Message
E Bill e,

It's me, 'Alika. Words cannot describe how wonderful this week's show was. Thanks to you, I would have never discovered those first recordings from the 1940's!

Like I said privately, mahalo for starting your show with my favorite ha'i song of all time!

Also, I'd like to say that "Ku'u Makamaka" was the perfect closing mele, and your rendition melted my heart.

BTW, every day, I hope and pray that if I live to be 89 or older, I will still have the soprano voice I have right now and will still be playing piano. I don't know what my life would be like if I couldn't play/sing. I do them all the time.

He kehau ho'oma'ema'e ke aloha.

'Alika / Polinahe
Go to Top of Page

kaleokeawe
Aloha

USA
7 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2007 :  8:09:10 PM  Show Profile
Andy,
You are very welcome. It's a new site for me to converse with fans who love mom's music.
Regards,
Eric
quote:
Originally posted by Admin

Aloha e Eric,

Hale O' Keawe Mau Loa
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.14 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000