Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Recording Announcements & Reviews
 New releases
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Auntie Maria
Ha`aha`a

USA
1918 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2007 :  5:01:49 PM  Show Profile
Just a quick list of what's coming...

11/6 - Keali`i Reichel "Kukahi" DVD (HD-DVD soon!)
11/6 - Na Leo "Hawaiian Holidays"
11/7 - Mondokane "Kihei Road"

11/20 - Nathan Aweau "Kane`ohe"
11/20 - Friends of Aloha "Hawaiian Style Lullabies"
11/20 - Bill Ali`iloa Lincoln "Hawaii's Falsetto Poet"

There's usually an onslaught of new releases as the year ends -- rushing to qualify for consideration for Na Hoku Hanohano Awards...so stayed tuned!

Auntie Maria
===================
My "Aloha Kaua`i" radio show streams FREE online every Thu & Fri 7-9am (HST)
www.kkcr.org - Kaua`i Community Radio
"Like" Aloha Kauai on Facebook, for playlists and news/info about island music and musicians!

Retro
Ahonui

USA
2368 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2007 :  6:29:45 PM  Show Profile  Visit Retro's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Auntie Maria

11/20 - Nathan Aweau "Kane`ohe"

And I can tell you, this one's incredibly good. All originals, a couple instrumentals, but oh, that voice! Hoku winner for Male Vocalist of the Year the past two years - this might give him the hat trick.
Go to Top of Page

Auntie Maria
Ha`aha`a

USA
1918 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2007 :  07:04:19 AM  Show Profile
I agree with you 100% -- this is undoubtedly (IMHO) his best release. I called him yesterday, just to say "Bravo!". His website has been updated to feature "Kane`ohe", BTW:
www.nathanaweau.net

Auntie Maria
===================
My "Aloha Kaua`i" radio show streams FREE online every Thu & Fri 7-9am (HST)
www.kkcr.org - Kaua`i Community Radio
"Like" Aloha Kauai on Facebook, for playlists and news/info about island music and musicians!

Go to Top of Page

Pua Kai
Ha`aha`a

USA
1007 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2007 :  5:35:41 PM  Show Profile
'Eh thank you Auntie...
But Nathan uses org...
try nathanaweau.org
love that clip; I'm really looking forward to trekking to Carlsbad next Sunday to catch him and Herb.
mahalo!
Go to Top of Page

alika207
Ha`aha`a

USA
1260 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2007 :  02:10:08 AM  Show Profile  Visit alika207's Homepage  Send alika207 an AOL message  Click to see alika207's MSN Messenger address  Send alika207 a Yahoo! Message
Mahalo for posting these, Auntie! I'll check 'em out.

As for this year's Hokus, I can tell you guys that this will be one heck of an awards ceremony in my opinion. A lot of tough competition this year! Think about it: for male vocalist, we'll probably have Hoku, Nathan, and Pueo among the nominees. They're all so good!

He kehau ho'oma'ema'e ke aloha.

'Alika / Polinahe
Go to Top of Page

hawaiianmusiclover06
`Olu`olu

USA
562 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2007 :  10:03:50 AM  Show Profile  Visit hawaiianmusiclover06's Homepage  Send hawaiianmusiclover06 an AOL message  Click to see hawaiianmusiclover06's MSN Messenger address  Send hawaiianmusiclover06 a Yahoo! Message
Mahalo for posting these Auntie. I will check them out when I have time. As for the Hoku's they have one heck of a list! They are all so good just hard to choose just one.

Alana :)

Aloha Kakou, maluhia a me aloha mau loa (Hello everyone, peace and love forever)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000