Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Talk Story
 Dog the Bounty Hunter is Pau
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

wcerto
Ahonui

USA
5052 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2007 :  05:06:18 AM  Show Profile
Not a very nice man:
http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/wireStory?id=3813771

Me ke aloha
Malama pono,
Wanda

808bk
Akahai

82 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2007 :  08:04:17 AM  Show Profile
Yup. And the wife is a 1000x worse.
Go to Top of Page

`Ilio Nui
`Olu`olu

USA
826 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2007 :  09:21:10 AM  Show Profile
Gives all us dogs everywhere a bad woof!!!

dog
Go to Top of Page

hapakid
Luna Ho`omalu

USA
1533 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2007 :  09:23:21 AM  Show Profile  Visit hapakid's Homepage
You can take the man out of the trailer park, but you can't take the trailer park out the man. Sad. He seems like a generally caring person--as caring as you can be chasing down bruddahs on $2K bench warrants for the entertainment of television viewers.
Jesse Tinsley
Go to Top of Page

hwnmusiclives
`Olu`olu

USA
580 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2007 :  10:32:34 AM  Show Profile  Visit hwnmusiclives's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by hapakid

You can take the man out of the trailer park, but you can't take the trailer park out the man. Sad. He seems like a generally caring person--as caring as you can be chasing down bruddahs on $2K bench warrants for the entertainment of television viewers.
Jesse Tinsley

Bruddah, I love you and I agree that Dog is a...well...dog. But take that one back, I pray. I, myself, am pure off-white trailer trash by birth, but I overcame. When mom wen make, I even inherited the trailer of my youth and all of the empty bottles and cans and cigarette butts still therein.

Some of us do overcome. Some, regrettably, don't.

No, I am really not angry or insulted. But Dog's troubles have nothing to do with the dwelling in which he was raised...

I am more upset today because I feel personally duped. I admired Dog; I truly did. I have seen every episode and have archived them all to DVD. I watched him handled so gently the criminals - of all kinds - that he rounded up. I watched him and his family pray before every hunt. He showed a genuine desire to rehabilitate them all as he had been rehabilitated. I thought he had changed.

They say the true measure of a man is what he would do if he thought nobody were looking. I have read some op-eds that opine that the public shouldn't be chastizing him because what he said was intended to be private. Based on that premise, I suppose it's OK for priests to molest little boys as long as the AP doesn't pick up the story. I am sorry that Dog's privacy was invaded. But for those with nothing to hide, it wouldn't matter which closet we looked in or rock we looked under.

Join me for the history of Hawaiian music and its musicians at Ho`olohe Hou at www.hoolohehou.org.
Go to Top of Page

wcerto
Ahonui

USA
5052 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2007 :  11:20:38 AM  Show Profile
I have been a Dog advocate heretofor. I started watching the shows just because they were in Hawai`i and I thought it was neat to see on TV places where I had been. I agree with you, Bill, that he handled the people he "caught" with compassion. However, I have always found it hard to reconcile the "praying" Chapman family with the family that gets bleeped out every other word. For the life of me, I do not see how you can reconcile yourself to talking like that and then turning around and praying thanks for a good catch. Moreover, I cannot see HER dressing like she does with young girls in the household to raise, and a husband that not only likes it, but pretty much mandates that she dress that way to please him. As well, I had problems with them raising such a blended family without being married. So to me, his "Christianity" appeared to be there just for the camera. You are right about what one does without anyone being there or knowing. Yes, that truly says who you are.

No excuse to use the "N" word. Ever.

I know, I know. I am an old fuddy duddy and I am judging. Yes, I am. That is true. And I am not ashamed of it. Those are just my own personal moral standards coming out.

It's not the trailer trash...its just the trash part. Rich people and poor people, no matter. Good or bad, all of them. What is inside your heart cannot be made clean with $$$.

Me ke aloha
Malama pono,
Wanda
Go to Top of Page

wcerto
Ahonui

USA
5052 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2007 :  11:24:01 AM  Show Profile
PS: regarding trailers, lots of folks in W. Va. use them now days because it is so much cheaper way to get housing. My father lives in one at this every moment. Plenty other relatives, too. One of Paul's aunts here in Cleveland lived in one. A very nice one, and she never said the "N" word, but for a widow lady on a retirement annuity, it was what she could afford.

With housing a problem in Hawai`i, I never understood why trailers are not used instead of blue tarps. Over here, they even teach school in trailers when the schools run out of room.

Me ke aloha
Malama pono,
Wanda
Go to Top of Page

808bk
Akahai

82 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2007 :  2:27:26 PM  Show Profile
Good point Wanda. Growing up in Hawaii we had plenty classes in trailer classrooms. Always wondered why I have this uncontrollable urge to go large mouth bass and catfishing. Now it all makes sense.
Go to Top of Page

hapakid
Luna Ho`omalu

USA
1533 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2007 :  7:33:42 PM  Show Profile  Visit hapakid's Homepage
I come from a long line of mobile home dwellers and have lived in them, too. No offense intended to anyone. I watched Dog a few times and I thought he seemed very compassionate, too. I don't think it's an act, but I got tired of watching kanakas with meth addictions in every episode. Just depressing.
Jesse Tinsley
Go to Top of Page

noeau
Ha`aha`a

USA
1105 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2007 :  10:00:29 PM  Show Profile
I always felt that the man was not true blue. His real colors eventually got exposed. much ado about a nothing kind of guy. We always seem to look away from ourselves for some hero or something. Look within and draw from our own strength. We can accomplish many things by believing in ourselves. no need to latch on to plastic people who are not what they appear to be.

No'eau, eia au he mea pa'ani wale nō.

Edited by - noeau on 11/03/2007 10:01:23 PM
Go to Top of Page

Hula Rider
Lokahi

USA
215 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2007 :  12:17:50 AM  Show Profile  Visit Hula Rider's Homepage
I listened to the full tape, but lost the link. You could probably do a search for it. It's kind of long.

As I understood the tape, Dog kept saying that he was not upset that the kid was dating her because of her race, but because she had threatened Beth. Apparantly the girl had heard one of the brothers use the N-word, and told other people that she was going to start wearing a hidden microphone so she could catch Beth and others saying it, and then sell the tape. So Dog was telling the kid, in strong language, (paraphrased) "____ and ____ say n****. _____ says n****. I'm not going to have her coming in and taping us until someone slips up and says it and then have her go sell the tape and ruin the family. Dump her now!"

The kid then told Dog that she was not that kind of a person, that she had never threatened Beth, and that she would never make a tape of the family and sell it.

Dog was doing most of the talking, repeating that the girlfriend had threatened Beth, and that he didn't care what race she was, that he didn't want someone threatening to hurt his family and career. But he kept saying, "___ and the kids say n****, and eventually she's going to get it on tape," or some such.

The kid kept repeating that she never made any threats and was not the kind of person to make a secret tape.

Then one of them hung up the phone.

Very sad.

Leilehua

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000