Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 `Uke Talk
 Box-a-lele: Bad experience
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Mark
Ha`aha`a

USA
1628 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2007 :  12:04:28 PM  Show Profile  Visit Mark's Homepage
Hi -

I'm not generally one to diss someone in a public forum, but I've had a very bad experience that perhaps will save someone else some trouble.

Last spring I custom ordered a Hello Kitty Lunchbox-a-lele for my wife Annie as a surprise (hey, they are cute as hell).

http://www.boxaleleco.com/

Well, the joke's on me. I've heard one excuse after another as to why it hasn't been delivered. Finnally, a couple of weeks ago, after a couple of form letters explaning yet again why I hadn't recieved the uke, the seller stopped responding to my e-mails asking for a refund.

So I can only conclude that I have been ripped off. Don't let it happen to you!

BTW: I've been involved in the internet since the earliest days-- including buying stuff (synth patches, actually) from a couple of very early 'net venders. I've traded over e-bay for years and years. This is the very first time I have been ripped off. By a freakin' `ukulele maker, yet.

Sheesh.

kihoalukid
Lokahi

USA
289 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2007 :  12:49:16 PM  Show Profile  Visit kihoalukid's Homepage
Ha, they have a Cheech & Chong ukulele, i wonder if you can also use it for.....oh, never mind.

Lee
Go to Top of Page

rendesvous1840
Ha`aha`a

USA
1055 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2007 :  5:15:54 PM  Show Profile
There's an autoharp player named Les Gustafson Zook, who also plays fiddles made of Spam cans. http://www.gustafsonzook.com/ He plays, sings, and does a lot of comedy as well. Seems like a Spam Can Ukulele would be a fun toy. TSA would probably look through yer stuff real carefully at the airport. No pictures of 'em on his web site, but I've seen him play his fiddles.
Paul

"A master banjo player isn't the person who can pick the most notes.It's the person who can touch the most hearts." Patrick Costello

Edited by - rendesvous1840 on 11/14/2007 5:19:07 PM
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2007 :  5:36:03 PM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
I bought some discount magazines online last year. Nothing ever showed up. I felt stupid after the fact when I went to the Better Business Bureau website (www.bbb.org) and found all the complaints about the website that I dealt with. With nothing to lose, I opened up a complaint at bbb.org and to my surprise the BBB helped me get my money back.

Sorry to hear about your experience Mark. Perhaps the BBB can help you too?

Andy
Go to Top of Page

da_joka
Lokahi

361 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2007 :  7:29:30 PM  Show Profile
bummahs da bum deal you got. I wen learn my lesson too. I wen buy one dvd off of ebay. Da seller wem claim dat da ting was not a copy, brand new, in box. Guess wat? It was a copy, and da ting neva even work in our player! I tried fo return da ting and get my money back, but noting. oh well, dass da breaks no?

shootz

If can, can. If no can, no can.
Go to Top of Page

wcerto
Ahonui

USA
5052 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2007 :  9:10:44 PM  Show Profile
Do not ever capitulate. If you have not been served properly by a business, by all means escalate matters, such as Andy suggests with the BBB. The internet makes it very easy for scofflaws to do business and then simply disappear. Don't forget also that many states attorneys general work on consumer issues as well. Use all the resources that are out there to help.

Me ke aloha
Malama pono,
Wanda

Edited by - wcerto on 11/15/2007 01:28:23 AM
Go to Top of Page

noeau
Ha`aha`a

USA
1105 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2007 :  10:58:37 PM  Show Profile
Also report bad deals to Ebay they will kick the bums off the site. I think most of the time the experience is a good one. Music stuff is usually OK. But I rarely buy instruments without playing them first.

No'eau, eia au he mea pa'ani wale nō.
Go to Top of Page

Mark
Ha`aha`a

USA
1628 Posts

Posted - 11/16/2007 :  10:36:14 AM  Show Profile  Visit Mark's Homepage
Tho't you might like a progress report:

I went and raised a big stink about it, and so there has been a flurry of e-mails back and forth over the last few days.

Essentially, they have apologized and offered to make it right. I'm a patient guy (or at least I play one on TVt) so I'm giving them the benefit of doubt for now.

Here's the latest:

quote:
Mark:

Thanks for your email.

Again, I totally understand your frustration. If your lunchbox comes in next week,
we will have it out to you by the following week, without fail. You have my word
on this. It didn't come in today, but we expect it probably Monday or Tuesday.

I will let you know, personally, when it arrives and immediately when it is shipped,
by us, with complete tracking information.

I certainly cannot ask you to be any more patient than you've been, but we
really appreciate your understanding and working with us.

God bless.

Matthew Mendell-Diaz
President - CFO
The Box-A-Lele Co., LLC

I'll keep ya posted.

Truth to tell, I want them to succeed. It is such a cool little `uke!

Go to Top of Page

thumbstruck
Ahonui

USA
2165 Posts

Posted - 11/17/2007 :  09:57:17 AM  Show Profile
Wonder what kind of paint they use on the thing. Hope it ain't lead. Ah, the quest for "cute".
Go to Top of Page

Mark
Ha`aha`a

USA
1628 Posts

Posted - 11/17/2007 :  1:05:48 PM  Show Profile  Visit Mark's Homepage
quote:
Ah, the quest for "cute".

You oughta know, Kory. And I can post pix of you in yer leather britches to prove it.

BTW: Indeed Chinese manufacturing and lead paint does appear in this story. One of the reasons for the long delay, I'm told.

No more Made in China goods for this boy (now that I've paid off my Eastman Archtop, that is.)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000