Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Da Kine Music Gear
 Sony Field Recorder
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

noeau
Ha`aha`a

USA
1105 Posts

Posted - 11/22/2007 :  9:23:44 PM  Show Profile
My H2 is made in China it records lead Zeppelin real good.

No'eau, eia au he mea pa'ani wale nō.
Go to Top of Page

slipry1
Ha`aha`a

USA
1511 Posts

Posted - 11/23/2007 :  09:01:16 AM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by rendesvous1840

Mark, you have to do as your concience dictates. Each one tell one.
A large portion of the electronic equipment comes from Japan,but there are other choices. You might want to avoid the Chinese stuff- it may have lead-based paint!
Paul

OK. I guess I won't suck on my H2 (unless I record myself on it ;))

keaka
Go to Top of Page

RWD
`Olu`olu

USA
850 Posts

Posted - 11/24/2007 :  10:35:44 AM  Show Profile
Lead Zeppelin in a field?

Bob
Go to Top of Page

Reid
Ha`aha`a

Andorra
1526 Posts

Posted - 12/21/2007 :  03:23:37 AM  Show Profile
Looks like you might be able to convince yourself to buy Japanese products for a while, Mark. They "suspended" the humpie hunts for a few years mostly because of Aussie pressure. Good on ya, mates.

Read NYT:
http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/world/AP-Japan-Humpback-Hunt.html?_r=1&hp&oref=slogin

...Reid
Go to Top of Page

Mark
Ha`aha`a

USA
1628 Posts

Posted - 12/21/2007 :  09:05:28 AM  Show Profile  Visit Mark's Homepage
Mahalo for bearing the good news, Reid. I suppose it is safe to buy Japanese gear again... as if we can avoid it.

Getting back to the recorder: I plan on filing my review in the next couple of days.

Short preview: The Sony D-50 is what a field recorder is supposed to be: rugged, portable, easy to use, and it sounds great. It has numerous features Taropatchers might need, among them excellent battery life, an amazing limiter, flexible mic positions, and a dandy little "slow downer" to help make sense out of the song you just recorded.

I realize some folks hate Sony. Fine, go ahead and hate Sony. And, at $499 street, it is a piece of change. But I'd put this one at the top of the list if you are looking to treat yourself this, ummm, holiday season.

Happy Solstice!

Go to Top of Page

Mark
Ha`aha`a

USA
1628 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2008 :  10:07:34 AM  Show Profile  Visit Mark's Homepage
Howdy, all -

My review of the Sony D-50 is up and available for your reading pleasure. Yes, there is some slack key content, too. But no bagpipes.

http://digitalmedia.oreilly.com/2008/01/10/sony-pcm-d50-recorder-review.html

The short answer: I really like it. And no whales were harmed in its manufacture....

NAMM is this weekend, and my editor informs me he'll be requesting demos of new recorders from Olympus (!), Yamaha, Marantz and possibly Tascam. Should be a busy year for this boy-- wonder which one I'll get to take to Aloha Camp?

Cheers,

Mark

Edited by - Mark on 01/11/2008 10:11:28 AM
Go to Top of Page

cpatch
Ahonui

USA
2187 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2008 :  11:04:48 AM  Show Profile  Visit cpatch's Homepage  Send cpatch an AOL message
Thanks Mark!

Craig
My goal is to be able to play as well as people think I can.
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2008 :  11:22:31 AM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
Mark,

Thanks, been looking forward to your review. And your interview of you computer did not disappoint!

Andy
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000