Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Hawaiian Slack Key Guitar / Hawaiian Music
 Whoopee! Going To Kauai!
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

slackkeymike
Lokahi

440 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2008 :  1:33:41 PM  Show Profile
I have been to Kauii 2 times, and this was before I knew the world of Slack Key. I was listening to Ray Kane then, but for some stupid reason, it never occured to me to seek out live performances.

Now, If I were to go back, I would definitely put Cindy Combs in Hanapepe on my schedule. I even have been to that place during the day!!

Mike

Aloha, Mike
Go to Top of Page

wdf
Ha`aha`a

USA
1153 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2008 :  2:21:11 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Mark E

Hi Folks!

Got back Friday and here's the final report. First, thank you so much Taropatch ohana for your help.

snip...snip...

Mark

Mark, I just reread this post. I don't know how I missed the time you were going to be in Kaua`i (I even responded to the post). We were there for the first 2 weeks of January and I also got to play with Dennis Chun. Sorry we didn't get to meet.

Dusty
Go to Top of Page

Mark E
Lokahi

USA
186 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2008 :  7:13:30 PM  Show Profile  Visit Mark E's Homepage
Dusty -

Bummer! So sorry to have missed you - it would have been such fun to hang out and play together. As you know, these things happen, however. For instance, did you get to see Ken Emerson in Princeville? I had heard he was playing Sunday nights and went to the hotel that day to check where to go that evening. The concierge absolutely insisted that he was not playing that night. She even showed me a memo she had received showing their schedule of performers in order to bear this out. So I didn't go and, naturally, it ended up that he did play and it was the last time I could have heard him before he was moving to Europe! Grrr! So I just have been insisting with myself to look at all the great stuff I did get to take in whenever I start stewing about that.

I'm planning on going back next year - maybe we can catch up with each other then???

Mark
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000