Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Talk Story
 My gratitude for fabulous Christmas gifts...
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

cmdrpiffle
`Olu`olu

USA
553 Posts

Posted - 12/28/2007 :  10:52:28 AM  Show Profile
Scary Julie! I know you're surrounded by powerful mana with everything I've read already. You'll heal soon.

btw..if you have to ride around in a wheelchair for a bit, I'll get you some high end racing tires, and put a rack for a portable battery powered amp on the back. That way you can play your Ricky frying pan while being pushed around! ;)

Take care,
Mike

my Poodle is smarter than your honor student
Go to Top of Page

Pops
Lokahi

USA
387 Posts

Posted - 12/28/2007 :  5:07:16 PM  Show Profile
Julie,

I had Bells Palsy about 4 years ago. I came down with it around Thanksgiving but it was pretty much gone by Christmas. When it first struck I also thought that it was maybe a stroke or Bells Palsy because a physician friend of mine had Bells. The doctor put me at ease and on Prendisone, I believe, which worked. No drinking out of straws or whistling, but otherwise not too bad in my case. I do remember that I had a problem with blinking so I had to use eye drops so my eye wouldn't dry out. It was a minor inconvenience, but once you know its wasn't a stroke, you can put up with the silly face (at least in my case). You'll get better. Keep up the good attitude and say your prayers and you'll be fine. I'll pray for you, too.

Aloha,

Mark
Go to Top of Page

Julie H
Ha`aha`a

USA
1206 Posts

Posted - 12/28/2007 :  6:15:59 PM  Show Profile
Thank you everyone, for all your kind thoughts and prayers. I am dealing with this, the drooping, dripping mouth, the open eyeball staring, the loss of taste, and just general coordination seems to be affected. But compared to a stroke, this is nothing. We've had a stroke in our family, and over the years I've seen how it gets worse and worse. That's not a road I want to go down!

I am grateful for all my kind friends on TaroPatch.

Julie
Go to Top of Page

Momi
Lokahi

402 Posts

Posted - 12/28/2007 :  8:15:45 PM  Show Profile
One of my former bosses came down with a case of Bells Palsy while he was in his late 20's. Just goes to show it can strike at any time. He had a couple of bouts with it, but he's still practicing law (you can count that as a successful recovery or not, depending on your viewpoint).

We will think good thoughts for you, Julie. 2008 can only be better.
Go to Top of Page

Julie H
Ha`aha`a

USA
1206 Posts

Posted - 12/29/2007 :  12:18:13 PM  Show Profile
Piffle!

You're on for the wheelchair if I need it, but PLEASE don't get anything in PINK! I'm not a pinkie kind of gal...

Love you, Julie
Go to Top of Page

catheglass
Lokahi

USA
312 Posts

Posted - 12/29/2007 :  9:43:56 PM  Show Profile
E Julie!

Auwe, auwe! So sorry to hear about the Bell's. Two close friends have encountered it and both made complete recoveries. I know you will too! Probably so fast you'll hardly notice.
My thouhts and especially my prayers are with you now, as always. Nothing can dim your bright star, yah?

Malama pono e ha'oli makahiki hou! me ke aloha, Cathe

cathe
Go to Top of Page

alika207
Ha`aha`a

USA
1260 Posts

Posted - 12/30/2007 :  04:02:14 AM  Show Profile  Visit alika207's Homepage  Send alika207 an AOL message  Click to see alika207's MSN Messenger address  Send alika207 a Yahoo! Message
E Julie e,

Pehea 'oe i keia la? I hope you're feeling better. I'm thinking of you.

Me ke aloha pumehana,
na 'Alika

He kehau ho'oma'ema'e ke aloha.

'Alika / Polinahe
Go to Top of Page

wcerto
Ahonui

USA
5052 Posts

Posted - 12/30/2007 :  06:30:23 AM  Show Profile
Julie - yes...be very thankful for second chances. I am very grateful for my second chance. I know what happened is scary and you probably feel pretty weepy about it. It will get better, though, through tincture of time. The scare, though, is harder to get over. Paul and I are so happy to hear that it is Bell's Palsy and not a stroke. You will be playing that Rickenbacker and singing your heart out shortly. You are in our thoughts and prayers. You can't keep a good woman down!!!

PS: Also glad your son was home for the holidays. Our youngest was home for 3 days and it made us very happy!

Me ke aloha
Malama pono,
Wanda
Go to Top of Page

islandboo
Lokahi

USA
237 Posts

Posted - 12/30/2007 :  09:23:42 AM  Show Profile
Julie, I am so sorry to hear about this, but also very thankful to know that it should pass. I am sending good thoughts and fond wishes your way!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000