Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Recording Announcements & Reviews
 Aloha Festival Falsetto Contest Winners 2006
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

wcerto
Ahonui

USA
5052 Posts

Posted - 03/15/2008 :  5:42:45 PM  Show Profile
The mele man also brought volume 7 of the Falsetto Contest Winners to our house today. Bit by bit, I guess our Hawaiian music collection is growing. Too bad I ain't rich enough to buy everything I want all at once!

Speaking of rich, this disc is definitely rich in talent. First and foremost is our dear friend, Bill Wynne, with the smooth, smooth voice. Even when his voice breaks while singing falsetto, it is smooth as can be. It seems effortless for him. His timing and phrasing are superb. His vocal range is amazing. The choice of selections showcases his abilities. How lucky we are to have these recordings. Not to say that the other folks on the CD aren't good -- they are. Wowee. For instance, Kalei Bridges doing "Hawaiian Cowboy". A great rendition. A bit slower than what we are used to by the Ho`opi`i Brothers, and some of the yodeling is different, but a definite toe-tapping version. How can you sit still when you listen to it?

This would be a great addition to any afficianado's collection. What a group of voices! Singing to the heavens, they are.
http://www.mele.com/music/artist/various+artists/aloha+festivals+falsetto+contest+winners+-+vol.+7/

Me ke aloha
Malama pono,
Wanda

Edited by - wcerto on 03/16/2008 06:02:29 AM
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000