Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Recording Announcements & Reviews
 Led Kaapana/Mike Ka`awa "Force of Nature"
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

wcerto
Ahonui

USA
5052 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2008 :  12:53:00 PM  Show Profile
Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy. We can buy this from Auntie Maria now. That is a good thing for those of us who were nowhere near the tour with these two gentlemen (and FRAN GUIDRY!!!!!). The samples I listened to on mele.com show that this is probably going to be my newest "play over and over and over" CD. Wait until you hear "Kaulana Kawaihae" and "E Ku`u Morning Dew". Oh, and how about "Opihi Moemoe" and on and on and on. Koke`e is so swell. Matter of fact, there is not a bad cut at all on this. The selections are great -- this is a truly GREAT bit of recording. There is not much more powerful than Mike doing "No ke Ano Ahiahi" -- his voice, his guitar, just the feeling you get when you listen to this.

Go listen to the samples and see what I mean. Then go order it. Let's reward these guys for making nice music.

http://www.mele.com/music/artist/ledward+kaapana+%26+mike+kaawa/force+of+nature++%283-10-2008%29/

Thanks Led and Mike.

Me ke aloha
Malama pono,
Wanda

wcerto
Ahonui

USA
5052 Posts

Posted - 03/15/2008 :  10:53:33 AM  Show Profile
The mele man came today to our house. This CD is mo' bettah than I thought it would be. I love the song "Kaulana Kawaihae", and up until now, in my opinion, Cyril Pahinui's version was the epitome of Hawaiian music, both in vocals and instrumentation. Well, not that there is competition, but Cyril has just been trumped by this dynamic duo. This version has Ledward taking the lead and Mike doing the second part. Oh, how sweet their vocals are. Mike harmonizes with Led so well on this song. And for sheer power, hearing them both do "No Ke Ano Ahiahi", well, what can I say? Chicken skin. Led's new version of Koke`e is fresh and lively. First of all, it is a great song, sung by anyone, due to Dennis Kamakahi's fantastic song writing skills. But Led takes it to a whole new level with leo ki`eki`e and yodeling. Uiha! Leave it to Led to come up with a different arrangement of what has now become a standard. For pure sweetness and beauty, listen to Led playing "E Ku`u Morning Dew". Oh, so lovely. That song has to go down in history as being one of the most beautiful songs ever written.

And I'm not done listening yet to everything that came. Now I am going to listen to the Falsetto Contest winners. Get ready Bill Wynne. You are in my house now!

Me ke aloha
Malama pono,
Wanda
Go to Top of Page

Fran Guidry
Ha`aha`a

USA
1579 Posts

Posted - 03/16/2008 :  05:21:24 AM  Show Profile  Visit Fran Guidry's Homepage
Those two guys are pretty good together, eh?

Fran

E ho`okani pila kakou ma Kaleponi
Slack Key Guitar in California - www.kaleponi.com
Slack Key on YouTube
Homebrewed Music Blog
Go to Top of Page

wcerto
Ahonui

USA
5052 Posts

Posted - 03/16/2008 :  05:49:52 AM  Show Profile
Good together barely touches the surface. Fran, it had to be totally amazing to play with those guys, and to get to hear them show after show. Just by osmosis, I am sure you are now playing with your arm and your elbow and whatevah. I bet you even turned kolohe! Led is one comedian, too. He said when they decided to tour together, Mike called him up and said, "We need to practice together". Led says he turned off the phone. Ha-ha. You know someone that good probably practices 23 hours a day. (Gotta have bathroom breaks).

This is a special album. Did you ever get that feeling? Something remarkable about it. I am sure it will be a Na Hoku winner next year, and probably take the grammy, too.

Yunz better buy it afore Auntie Maria runs out.

Me ke aloha
Malama pono,
Wanda
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000