Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 `Uke Talk
 Teresa Bright - Beginning `Ukulele
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

wcerto
Ahonui

USA
5052 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2008 :  01:03:11 AM  Show Profile
Check this out at Auntie Maria's web site:

http://www.mele.com/video/artist/teresa+bright/teresa+bright%3A+beginning+ukulele+%28advance+order%3A+4-15-2008%29/

Me ke aloha
Malama pono,
Wanda

NANI
Lokahi

USA
292 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2008 :  04:54:51 AM  Show Profile  Visit NANI's Homepage
Much as I wanted to like it it is not my favorite instrutional video. the music it came with is all most unreadable so small and even after I blow it up these old eyes have a tough time with it. Maybe if you are finding helpful I sould give it another go. I have not looked at it for a year or so.

"A hui hou kakou, malama pono".
Nancy
Go to Top of Page

wcerto
Ahonui

USA
5052 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2008 :  05:41:15 AM  Show Profile
Nancy - I do not have it yet. I just saw it on mele.com this morning. If you have trouble with it, I am sure I would have the same problem. I appreciate your feedback. Then, I probably will not buy it.

Me ke aloha
Malama pono,
Wanda
Go to Top of Page

sandman
Lokahi

USA
181 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2008 :  3:23:40 PM  Show Profile  Visit sandman's Homepage
Nancy,I agree with you, especially regarding the accompanying printout (such as it is). I had trouble reading it in 1997 and it is no better now. Pedagogically, it seems very dated today. Still, if you want simple, it is a good starter.

Sandy

Leap into the boundless and make it your home.
Zhuang-zi
Go to Top of Page

NANI
Lokahi

USA
292 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2008 :  03:53:14 AM  Show Profile  Visit NANI's Homepage
You know Wanda Aunty Nona has some delightful videos online that are easy and just plain good watching they are reasonable and other than the fact that you do not get to keep them forever I really liked them when I was first starting out. Thant and the fact that I would love to sit and listen to her talk anywhere any time. http://www.kbeamer.com/?q=node/42
I loved learning Pūpū Hinuhinu from her it is now my favorite to sing to my Grandson and it is her face I see and her voice I hear when ever I sing it. Ahh darn it there goes that longing for Molokai and the sniffles again at the thought of never going back there.

Nancy
Go to Top of Page

Earl
`Olu`olu

USA
521 Posts

Posted - 03/28/2008 :  05:49:14 AM  Show Profile  Visit Earl's Homepage
FWIW, I have looked at several instructional videos targeted at beginners. Keoki Kahumoku's is the best by far. He takes plenty of time to demonstrate, rather than one quick pass on a technique that you have to rewind over and over. The camera angles are also helpful to clearly see the fingerings.
http://www.thegtw.com/artists/keoki_kahumoku/keoki_kahumoku_main.htm

- Earl
Go to Top of Page

wcerto
Ahonui

USA
5052 Posts

Posted - 03/28/2008 :  06:50:03 AM  Show Profile
Yep - I got the Keoki DVD. He da bess.

Me ke aloha
Malama pono,
Wanda
Go to Top of Page

NANI
Lokahi

USA
292 Posts

Posted - 03/29/2008 :  4:49:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit NANI's Homepage
totally agree and waiting for the next one. HINT HINT You listening Keoki not many of us can come to Ka'u even if we REALLY want to!

Nancy
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000