Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Hawaiian Slack Key Guitar / Hawaiian Music
 CD has arrived!
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Lawrence
Ha`aha`a

USA
1597 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2003 :  7:16:46 PM  Show Profile
CD has arrived. Now that was quick!

(must not have been checked for Anthrax)

Listened to it last night - wonderfull!

Nahenahe Nui Loa to the max!

Thanks so much for pulling this off Raymond!

Mahope Kākou...
...El Lorenzo de Ondas Sonoras

Edited by - Lawrence on 02/27/2003 11:54:51 AM

Stacey
Lokahi

USA
169 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2003 :  8:17:37 PM  Show Profile
Aloha!
Right On! I just got my CD too! I'll listen to it real soon, while I cook dinner this evening. That means that dinner's gonna turn out really tasty!
Cheers,
Stacey
Go to Top of Page

cmdrpiffle
`Olu`olu

USA
553 Posts

Posted - 02/27/2003 :  12:50:18 AM  Show Profile
Okay, mine arrived too, and I'll tell ya all what......
there is some very nice talent on this disc. In fact, I've listened at length to everyones addition and I can only say..what a beautiful sound I have heard. We went into this as neophytes, non-professionals, but on every track I hear the same exact determination and want of purity that I put into my own. Thank you everyone.

I currently have it playing on my computer out loud, and as I lay down to go to sleep, I hear the sounds of my friends...all beautiful, every one of them, all complete, and trying to convey the sense of Aloha that makes this music. Listening now, I know I am connecting with the same soul and heart that resides in me.

Thank you everyone, beautiful music....every one of you.

Michael

my Poodle is smarter than your honor student
Go to Top of Page

Sarah
`Olu`olu

571 Posts

Posted - 02/27/2003 :  5:09:22 PM  Show Profile
Oh man, I can't wait! Maybe it'll be there when I get home!

Sarah
Go to Top of Page

rossasaurus
Lokahi

USA
306 Posts

Posted - 02/27/2003 :  7:33:02 PM  Show Profile  Send rossasaurus a Yahoo! Message
Oh boy, just opened my mailbox and pulled out the CD and it's spinning as I write. Thanks everybody, this is really fun! Sweet music.
Mahalo nui Raymond for jus pressin' on with this project.

Ross
Go to Top of Page

cpatch
Ahonui

USA
2187 Posts

Posted - 02/27/2003 :  8:00:15 PM  Show Profile  Visit cpatch's Homepage  Send cpatch an AOL message
Got mine this morning but haven't been able to listen to it all yet due to my laptop having problems reading it...I'll try it on my Mac tonight. What I did hear sounded sweet though!

Craig
My goal is to be able to play as well as people think I can.
Go to Top of Page

RJS
Ha`aha`a

1635 Posts

Posted - 02/28/2003 :  12:31:45 AM  Show Profile
The "liner notes" that go with the songs on the CD are good pieces of information -- I think all of you will find them useful, and I want to get them out as soon as possible. Therefore, I need Hideki H, Breeze PLease, Don N., Lee T, and Cmdr. Piffle to return updated notes. I also need Lawrence or Cynthia Bryant and Leo Kahiliwa to send me an email at my taropatch.net link so I can get them the text they need to edit.
Thanks,
Raymond
Go to Top of Page

cpatch
Ahonui

USA
2187 Posts

Posted - 02/28/2003 :  12:43:56 AM  Show Profile  Visit cpatch's Homepage  Send cpatch an AOL message
I just sent you Lee's.

Craig
Go to Top of Page

Gary A
Lokahi

USA
169 Posts

Posted - 02/28/2003 :  12:36:51 PM  Show Profile  Visit Gary A's Homepage
The CD turned out great! There's a lot of nice playing on it. Cmdrpffle is right, the CD has a really incredible "vibe". I think peoples' sincerity and passion for slack key guitar really shines though.

It's very educational to listen to it critically and try to pick out the things that are done well or could be done better. It has definitely opened my eyes to the importance of good recording technique. I can't wait to see the detailed liner notes.

Mahalo nui Raymond and thanks to everyone who participated. This has been great fun.

Gary

Edited by - Gary A on 03/03/2003 12:07:04 AM
Go to Top of Page

kihoalukid
Lokahi

USA
289 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2003 :  9:15:22 PM  Show Profile  Visit kihoalukid's Homepage
well, came in and sat down last nite, covered with drywall dust (doin some remodeling), popped a cold one, and put the taropatch cd on...wow, you all have some serious aloha goin on, da kine!.congrats everyone for a job well done.gonna burn my copy to md so i can take it to work with me tomorrow.aloha, lee.

Lee

Edited by - kihoalukid on 03/03/2003 1:24:00 PM
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2003 :  5:26:36 PM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
Yeah, I have to chime in too. I've only had a day and a half to give it a listen, but the CD is great fun to listen to. It's a study CD but the quality and variety is much better than I had expected. Great stuff! I knew you all were cool but now you sound cool too!

Andy
Go to Top of Page

Reid
Ha`aha`a

Andorra
1526 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2003 :  2:58:19 PM  Show Profile
Sarah and I just got our copy of the CD yesterday and played it last night. All I can say is: Ho`omaika`i! Congratulations!

We knew it would be good, but we were really excited to find out that *everything* on it was *really* good. Many of the pieces displayed an artistry and musicianship that wouldn't be out of place on a commercial release. As a matter of fact, we think that the only real difference between it and a lot of commercial releases is the recording and reproduction technology - and those were swell for a homebrew.

We also agreed that it is too bad that those that didn't get the CD, or those in the outside world, won't be able to hear the "covers" of works written by others. I understand perfectly the reasons why and agree with them completely. But, it really requires some exceptional creativity and musicality to make "old chestnuts" seem new and fresh - and that's what happened. I don't want to single out just one because there were several, and I don't want anyone to feel slighted, but, I will say that there were versions of songs that are among the most emotionally affecting I have ever heard.

However, when we get back to the Islands, there is nothing wrong with me bringing it and playing it for friends there, right?

...Reid
Go to Top of Page

cpatch
Ahonui

USA
2187 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2003 :  3:10:40 PM  Show Profile  Visit cpatch's Homepage  Send cpatch an AOL message
Reid, you can play it for anyone who's willing to listen!

Craig
Go to Top of Page

Sarah
`Olu`olu

571 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2003 :  5:15:35 PM  Show Profile
Aloha käkou,

I just gotta say, when we got the CD yesterday and we listened to it -- without any liner notes as I had not had a chance to print them out yet -- well, I was just in AWE. What beautiful playing, what beautiful music, track after track. No wonder we all love slack key. And, that showed: that we love what we play. You could just feel it.

It was really bad for my contact lenses though. They get so dirty when tears come out my eyes.

me ke aloha iä 'oukou a pau,
Sarah

Edited by - Sarah on 03/05/2003 5:16:36 PM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.12 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000