Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Hawaiian Slack Key Guitar / Hawaiian Music
 How to Play 'Palehua' by Willie K.
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Retro
Ahonui

USA
2368 Posts

Posted - 04/20/2008 :  07:46:53 AM  Show Profile  Visit Retro's Homepage
So...I don't understand, Hiram.

Why again do you want to marry GuavaSunrise - is it because it stinks to try to make a living as a musician?
Go to Top of Page

noeau
Ha`aha`a

USA
1105 Posts

Posted - 04/20/2008 :  09:08:34 AM  Show Profile
I mentioned before Hawaiian musicians usually suck wind in Hawaiʻi.We get a lot of respect up here in the good ʻol USA. Funny kine yeah? If you not recorded hard to land jobs in bars and clubs. Get one agent who has most of the hotel lounges sewed up but she rips off the musicians. If you not recorded you almost got to pay the venue for a job. Thatʻs why recording projects and guitar camps are so prevalent now a days. Of course it is not always as bad as I paint it. But then you know why most musicians have day jobs. One cannot just drop out of the sky in Hawaiʻi and get life supporting work in music. Reality sucks but that is how it is.

No'eau, eia au he mea pa'ani wale nō.

Edited by - noeau on 04/20/2008 09:09:35 AM
Go to Top of Page

hikabe
Lokahi

USA
358 Posts

Posted - 04/20/2008 :  5:31:38 PM  Show Profile  Visit hikabe's Homepage
Retro
You are twisting words around. I facetiously quiped to Wanda, who didn't acknowledge me or my niece by name, that I was cuter then Ocean. Guava embellished yet another of Wandas post, echoing a marriage refusal and insulting my ability to earn or beg a living in comparison to someone who is on easy street with a respectable and heroic job. I fired off a comparison that was desrespectful to Ocean and all musicians in Hawaii, I had no right to do that. Now you have further twisted the thread. It stinks to profit from others, as you do. It's clear you don't like me from the nature of your post. Who do you think you are. Your sarcasm is annoying sometimes. Please don't attend any of my performances or listen to any of my music, or art, poems, books, lessons, workshops, kanikapilas or videos. Anyway, peace out/Last Post#190.... akamai okole
Ps... I don't have a day job and I make more money, teaching and playing music, then you do, retro. Being an artist/musician is quite sweet.

Stay Tuned...
Go to Top of Page

wcerto
Ahonui

USA
5052 Posts

Posted - 04/21/2008 :  01:33:25 AM  Show Profile
And besides which, I was not speaking of Hiram or his niece when I was talking about someone I met at a hula workshop here in Cleveland who was cousin to Ocean Kaowili. His name is Kaua. He is a white haired uncle. The niece's name is Maile. She's gotta be maybe 45 years old. He does live Kaleponi; she lives Minnesota. But I was not speaking of Hiram or his niece and therefore meant no disrespect. I did not even understand that Hiram took offense that I did not call him or his niece by name. That is proably because I wasn't talking about him or his niece. I am very sorry we need to tiptoe around. I offer my sincerest apologies, Hiram.

Me ke aloha
Malama pono,
Wanda
Go to Top of Page

Retro
Ahonui

USA
2368 Posts

Posted - 04/21/2008 :  07:08:51 AM  Show Profile  Visit Retro's Homepage
Sorry to keep this element of the thread alive a little longer, but I have the desire to make a few points of clarity.

I do not know Hiram, and have never met him or seen him in person. I know people who have, and they speak highly of his skills as a musician and as a teacher. I have no reason to find fault with him in that arena.

All I know of Hiram is his posting style on TaroPatch. I have found many of his postings to be bitter, resentful, misguided, inaccurate and disrespectful. His most recent screed in my direction is a perfect example, as it shows me that he is quick to judge others without having gathered appropriate facts.

So what? If there were a law about only posting confirmed truth to an internet message board, most of the ones I know about would be near silent.

Hiram, a man who obviously has much to contribute constructively to any discussion of music (Hawaiian or otherwise), appears to me to be someone who (for whatever reasons, none of which I would attempt to discount) wishes to have some semblance of control over how others approach or perceive music, and is easily upset when confronted with opinions that clash with his own.

He has insulted other posters regularly. He has also played this “stomping away with a big pout” game before, vowing to be done with posting to TP, and then breaking said vow when it suited his purposes for self-promotion. When he returned, I decided it would be worth it to give his postings another chance, so I tried to respond (if I responded at all) with some humor – humor that clearly did not resonate with him; no one’s sense of humor will hit home runs every time.

Unfortunately, his response is filled with the petulance that I saw last time he chose to slam the door on the way out, behavior that I noted at the time was inappropriate for anyone over the age of thirteen. My opinion on that front has not changed. Aloha, Hiram – a hui hou.

= Gregg =
Go to Top of Page

noeau
Ha`aha`a

USA
1105 Posts

Posted - 04/21/2008 :  08:01:04 AM  Show Profile
Aue, ʻaʻole maikaʻi ka hana ʻana ʻia i ka ʻōlelo Hawaiʻi e Hiram. ʻAno pololei ʻole ka puana o "akamai ʻokole". Kuhi au a pehea mai nei ʻoia a ʻano hupō loa kona "olelo ʻana. He mea maikaʻi paha kona haʻalele ʻana mai kēia wahi.

No'eau, eia au he mea pa'ani wale nō.

Edited by - noeau on 04/21/2008 08:05:30 AM
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000