Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Recording Announcements & Reviews
 Barry Kimokeo
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

wcerto
Ahonui

USA
5052 Posts

Posted - 04/23/2008 :  05:26:06 AM  Show Profile
As some of you may be aware, I was excited last year about this time because Barry Kimokeo, that fantastic guitar player and falsetto singer extraordinaire was going to release an album. Well, I have been waiting (not so patiently). I contacted Barry and here is what he had to say. Of course, I also told him to sign up on Taro Patch and talk story with us, but he said he is scared cause he can only type about 4 wpm. I think he has Paul beat.

But anyhow. . .

Here is what he has to say:

About the recording project, we've had a dry spell for a number of months due to concerts and gigs and are now getting ready to finish up the last 30% of it. I've been very fortunate to be guided by the Makaha Sons and we have targeted a release date for the album sometime before the end of this year. So i'm keeping my fingers crossed! As it gets closer and closer to the release date I will be putting information for the album on Barrykimokeo.com (which is in dire need of updating ) and will send out info on our mailing list.

Me ke aloha
Malama pono,
Wanda

hwnmusiclives
`Olu`olu

USA
580 Posts

Posted - 04/23/2008 :  08:08:54 AM  Show Profile  Visit hwnmusiclives's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by wcerto

About the recording project, we've had a dry spell for a number of months due to concerts and gigs and are now getting ready to finish up the last 30% of it. I've been very fortunate to be guided by the Makaha Sons and we have targeted a release date for the album sometime before the end of this year. So i'm keeping my fingers crossed! As it gets closer and closer to the release date I will be putting information for the album on Barrykimokeo.com (which is in dire need of updating ) and will send out info on our mailing list.

You would have to wake this kid up long enough to finish the damned CD! He sleeps in until about 3pm, wakes up long enough to eat and play a gig, and then goes back to bed.

He is the most humble human being I ever met. I love hanging out with this guy. He comes off the stage and says, "Did you hear all of those mistakes? I really should practice!" And you're thinking, "Mistakes? Where?"

He is eloquent and funny and deserves all of the fame that is awaiting him. Now all he has to do is get to it!

By the way, you should hear him rip through some Eric Johnson or avant-garde jazz. His influences are vast and various and despite his dedication to Hawaiian music, he is really wasting his talent. He truly has a gift.

Join me for the history of Hawaiian music and its musicians at Ho`olohe Hou at www.hoolohehou.org.
Go to Top of Page

markwitz
`Olu`olu

USA
841 Posts

Posted - 04/23/2008 :  10:13:17 AM  Show Profile
The first time I saw Barry was in a small club here in Santa Cruz with the Makaha Sons about 2 years ago. After he finished playing "Ghost Riders in The Sky", the whole audience erupted in a spontaneous standing ovation. Barry even seemed a little shocked at the audience's reaction and kind of blinked a couple of times and smiled a little sheepish grin like he was saying to himself "Did I do that". To this day, it has still been one of my most memorable concert experiences. I can't wait for his CD to come out.

"The music of the Hawaiians, the most fascinating in the world, is still in my ears and
haunts me sleeping and waking."
Mark Twain
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.12 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000