Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 `Uke Talk
 Uke Workshops
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

hikabe
Lokahi

USA
358 Posts

Posted - 04/24/2008 :  5:56:06 PM  Show Profile  Visit hikabe's Homepage
Hiram Bell: Two Workshops
Hawaiian 'Ukulele Workshop
Sat, May 3 11:00am to 1:00pm, $40
Since its introduction to Hawaii the 'ukulele has made a huge impact on the people and music of the islands. It redefined the Hawaiian folk music genre with a distinctive voice that continues to intrigue people worldwide. Learn to play traditional songs in the styles of some of the artist of the past and present.

Rock School Uke Workshop
Sat, May 3 2:00 to 4:00pm, $40
Learn to play chord progressions and scales for songs like Stairway to Heaven, Free Bird, Little Wing, Wake Me Up When Sept. Ends, Smoke On the Water, Light My Fire, and many other great classics. This fast paced workshop is open to all levels and ages and will examine how the major, minor and pentatonic blues scales are used to improvise.
Born and raised in Hawaii, Hiram Bell grew up in an environment rich in music and art. He studied independently at the famous and historic Kawaihao Church on Oahu. He is a well known ukulele teacher and performer in the bay area Hawaiian community.

Gryphon Stringed Instruments/Upcoming Workshops
211 LAMBERT AVE, PALO ALTO, CA 94306
650.493.2131/TOLL-FREE 888.493.2131 http://www.gryphonstrings.com/index.html
call ahead to purchase tickets and reserve a spot)

Stay Tuned...
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.12 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000