Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Recording Announcements & Reviews
 Ho`opono by Kalae Miles
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

wcerto
Ahonui

USA
5052 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2008 :  4:43:01 PM  Show Profile
I just finished listening to Ho’opono. What a masterpiece this is. The mix of songs provides an interesting variety and keeps the listener from getting bored. Kalae's original songs are very special and demonstrate his fine skills, not only as an `ukulele player or a singer, but as haku mele, as well. My `olelo Hawai`i skills are very rudimentary, but from what I understood and looked up with my trusty Kawena Pukui dictionary, he is sure to become a haku mele of no small importance. One of the world’s most beautiful mele, Pua Lililehua, makes me want to weep, because his version is so sweet. How he did “What a wonderful world” is also a joy. The words of that song were already quite powerful but he really added the grace and beauty of the Hawaiian language. I also really liked Mele Oli Mahalo no `Anakala Eddie.

If you have been lucky enough to get a copy of this CD, I am sure you have enjoyed it. If you have a chance to obtain one, GRAB IT. This is an important recording.

Please also pay attention to the photograph on the cover of the recording. It has a picture of Kalae holding a calabash full of a bright shining light, while standing in front of red ti plants. He is looking toward the heavens.

Here is the Story of the Bowl of Light:

Every child born has at birth, a bowl of perfect light. If he tends his light during his life, it will grow in strength and he can do many things: swim with the shark, fly with the hawk, know and understand all things. If, however, be becomes resentful or envious, he drops a stone into this bowl of light. Since a stone and the light cannot hold the same space, a little light goes out. If he continues to put stones in his bowl of light, the light will eventually go out and he, too, will become a stone. A stone does not grow ad a stone does not move. But, if at any time he tires of being a stone, all he needs to do is huli the bowl upside down. The stones will all fall away and the light will come back. His light will shine once more upon te world around him and he will begin to grow once more.

Kalae -- thank you for this CD and for reminding us about the story of the bowl of light.

Mahalo nui loa.

Me ke aloha
Malama pono,
Wanda

wcerto
Ahonui

USA
5052 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2008 :  3:03:29 PM  Show Profile
I stumbled over a podcast featuring Kalae Miles. The podcast is called Hawaiian Concert Guide. What a special man. This is just like talking story, but you get a sense of the special gifts this man has.

http://odeo.com/audio/12835103/view

Me ke aloha
Malama pono,
Wanda
Go to Top of Page

alika207
Ha`aha`a

USA
1260 Posts

Posted - 05/25/2008 :  3:40:53 PM  Show Profile  Visit alika207's Homepage  Send alika207 an AOL message  Click to see alika207's MSN Messenger address  Send alika207 a Yahoo! Message
I like get dis one! He one of my myspace friends.

Oh yeah, and Piko rocks!

He kehau ho'oma'ema'e ke aloha.

'Alika / Polinahe
Go to Top of Page

hawaiianmusiclover06
`Olu`olu

USA
562 Posts

Posted - 05/26/2008 :  12:17:37 AM  Show Profile  Visit hawaiianmusiclover06's Homepage  Send hawaiianmusiclover06 an AOL message  Click to see hawaiianmusiclover06's MSN Messenger address  Send hawaiianmusiclover06 a Yahoo! Message
I want to get a hold of Kalae's CD because not only he's one of my friends on myspace but I know him since he uesd to attend the same church that I am attending. Also, I love Piko's podcasts. They are awesome.

Alana :)

Aloha Kakou, maluhia a me aloha mau loa (Hello everyone, peace and love forever)
Go to Top of Page

wcerto
Ahonui

USA
5052 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2008 :  11:21:04 AM  Show Profile
Kalae is having a CD release party in Honolulu this evening at Bar 35 on Hotel St. If you can make it, I guarantee that you will be amazed by his singing. And buy the CD before they are all gone. It is a true treasure. Try look the picture on front of the CD. Wow!

Me ke aloha
Malama pono,
Wanda
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000