Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Talk Story
 You Tube - week of May 11 2008
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Russell Letson
`Olu`olu

USA
504 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2008 :  3:11:40 PM  Show Profile  Visit Russell Letson's Homepage
That list is one reason that the first section of Chapter 3 is titled "The Cultural Renaissance and the Kamehameha Cohort."
Go to Top of Page

Peter Medeiros
`Olu`olu

546 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2008 :  3:34:49 PM  Show Profile  Visit Peter Medeiros's Homepage
i think you got'em but cohort? Kinda sounds like the four horsemen of the apocalypse. Do we get to ride horses? Forgive me, like you I'm trying to go through the final edits and details on the books and just got the request from my editor about ten minutes ago as to the timing between measures 1 and 5 of "Slack Key #1". They are similar, but not identical, where the triplet lands in the middle of the measure and the corresponding bass note follows on the fourth string. It is kind of trying, but at least I have the time now to do it. I'm alternating every twenty minutes between doing this and pulling weeds in the yard today because I'm having trouble focusing my eyes while looking at the computer monitor. It does make life a little more interesting today.

PM

quote:
Originally posted by Russell Letson

That list is one reason that the first section of Chapter 3 is titled "The Cultural Renaissance and the Kamehameha Cohort."

Go to Top of Page

Russell Letson
`Olu`olu

USA
504 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2008 :  3:58:09 PM  Show Profile  Visit Russell Letson's Homepage
I'm using "cohort" in the demographic rather than the Roman-military sense. (At least I think I am--you guys didn't divide Gaul into partes tres during spring break or anything, did you? Or play gigs in the legionary canteens?) Besides, I like the alliteration.

Edited by - Russell Letson on 05/12/2008 3:59:29 PM
Go to Top of Page

Peter Medeiros
`Olu`olu

546 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2008 :  4:06:47 PM  Show Profile  Visit Peter Medeiros's Homepage
We thought about it but that's kinda one long paddle in one canoe.

PM
quote:

I'm using "cohort" in the demographic rather than the Roman-military sense. (At least I think I am--you guys didn't divide Gaul into partes tres during spring break or anything, did you? Or play gigs in the legionary canteens?) Besides, I like the alliteration.

Go to Top of Page

Peter Medeiros
`Olu`olu

546 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2008 :  4:14:28 PM  Show Profile  Visit Peter Medeiros's Homepage
Hah?

quote:
Originally posted by guavasunrise

quote:

Besides, I like the alliteration.
Kamehameha cohort continues to cause creative commotion among the culturally-conscious kanaka community.

Not bad eh for public skoo?

Go to Top of Page

Peter Medeiros
`Olu`olu

546 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2008 :  4:28:03 PM  Show Profile  Visit Peter Medeiros's Homepage
Kden, gotta go pull weeds. But I got the maka on you.
PM
quote:
Originally posted by guavasunrise

quote:
Originally posted by Peter Medeiros

Hah?
Please disregard. Somebody wen go 'aihue my keyboard when I wasn't looking.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000