Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Talk Story
 Seeking Hawaiian Florist Recommendation
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

kawikasurf
Aloha

USA
28 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2008 :  4:37:38 PM  Show Profile  Send kawikasurf a Yahoo! Message
Hi-ya, Gang,
I'd like to order some leis though the internet. Anybody out there have a positive experience with a specific Hawai`i-based florist or other recommendation you'd be willing to share with one of your pua-challenged brethren?
Mahalo nui loa in advance for your wise counsel,
Kawika

Julie H
Ha`aha`a

USA
1206 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2008 :  7:19:30 PM  Show Profile
Aloha Kawika,

Are you searching for a florist on a particular island, or just searching in general? The Napili Florist in Napili Bay has bent over backwards for me getting me a plumeria lei out of season. www.napiliflorist.com.

Good luck,

Julie
Go to Top of Page

da_joka
Lokahi

361 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2008 :  7:20:55 PM  Show Profile
i no mo a florist in mind, BUT, i noticed you stay in CA eh? I had all my flowers fo my wedding shipped up to N. Ca in July. Da temps was in da 100+ dat week, and da orchid lei jus wen make. Good ting we could buy some in SF to replace um. Jus be careful eh?

shootz!

If can, can. If no can, no can.
Go to Top of Page

kawikasurf
Aloha

USA
28 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2008 :  7:52:09 PM  Show Profile  Send kawikasurf a Yahoo! Message
Thanks Juilie. I'll check them out. Actually, I'll need about 35 leis shipped to Southern California. I've only seen the places on the internet and you just never know who's good and who's not. I'm kind of a first-timer at this whole flowers by internet business. Really appreciate you taking the time to help out.
Kawika

quote:
Originally posted by Julie H

Aloha Kawika,

Are you searching for a florist on a particular island, or just searching in general? The Napili Florist in Napili Bay has bent over backwards for me getting me a plumeria lei out of season. www.napiliflorist.com.

Good luck,

Julie

Go to Top of Page

kawikasurf
Aloha

USA
28 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2008 :  8:02:07 PM  Show Profile  Send kawikasurf a Yahoo! Message
Ah - good to know. I never thought to ask about long they last once they hit the ground, so to speak. I'll need mine within the next couple of weeks and so it shouldn't be too warm right along the coast at that this time of year. Still, it's not like I have a walk-in refrigerator to keep them in. Thanks for raising a really important point. Really appreciate the insight. Oh, and congrats on your wedding. Was it just this past July or before that?
- David

quote:
Originally posted by da_joka

i no mo a florist in mind, BUT, i noticed you stay in CA eh? I had all my flowers fo my wedding shipped up to N. Ca in July. Da temps was in da 100+ dat week, and da orchid lei jus wen make. Good ting we could buy some in SF to replace um. Jus be careful eh?

shootz!

Go to Top of Page

ypochris
Lokahi

USA
398 Posts

Posted - 05/13/2008 :  02:47:09 AM  Show Profile
Had some lei shipped to Michigan for our wedding last October- can't say I was impressed by the lei, just a bunch of orchids on a string, so I won't recommend the source. (I am used to the beautiful lei I can get at the lei stands at the Hilo airport for 5-10 bucks- true works of art!).

Anyway my point is that they were shipped with ice packs, so they should be O.K. if you go for 1-2 day shipping and get them right before the event.

Chris
Go to Top of Page

kawikasurf
Aloha

USA
28 Posts

Posted - 05/13/2008 :  03:41:23 AM  Show Profile  Send kawikasurf a Yahoo! Message
Thanks Chris. I really appreciate hearing about your experience - good to know that they're shipped with ice packs. On the other hand, you confirmed my fear. You'd think that a lei is a lei but I was afraid that I might spend $700 or $800 (cuz we'll need a mixture of basic and fancy ones) and be disappointed with the quality. Thanks again for taking the time to write.
David

quote:
Originally posted by ypochris

Had some lei shipped to Michigan for our wedding last October- can't say I was impressed by the lei, just a bunch of orchids on a string, so I won't recommend the source. (I am used to the beautiful lei I can get at the lei stands at the Hilo airport for 5-10 bucks- true works of art!).

Anyway my point is that they were shipped with ice packs, so they should be O.K. if you go for 1-2 day shipping and get them right before the event.

Chris

Go to Top of Page

Claudia
Lokahi

USA
152 Posts

Posted - 05/13/2008 :  03:46:21 AM  Show Profile
Look no more - I have two places for you to contact.

With both these websites, look over the websites carefully, read everything, and then CALL them. This way works the best.

Support local business in Molokai! For Plumeria leis, contact www.molokaiplumerias.com

They just shipped us 2,000 plumeria blooms to make leis for a Hula workshop here in New York City and they arrived in perfect condition. The following week they shipped us 5,000 plumeria blooms for our Ho'ike - again, they were perfect. They can also make the leis for you. When the leis arrive, they looked great, and they give you instructions on how to keep them perky til your event.

If you want other kinds of flowers, a site I also have ordered from twice is www.flowerleis.net They have the most unbelievable selection of every kind of lei you can think of. Check out the "fragrant lei" list! I ordered tuberose/lantern/ti leaf leis and they were so fragrant and so beautiful and arrived in perfect condition. Now this site has many rules, so please read all the fine print carefully and follow instructions and back it up with the phone call - it is SO worth the effort.

If your event is in two weeks, look at the websites and call them immediately to place your order. They will discuss the proper shipping timing with you to ensure that the flowers arrive in time for your event.
Go to Top of Page

Peter Medeiros
`Olu`olu

546 Posts

Posted - 05/13/2008 :  04:34:26 AM  Show Profile  Visit Peter Medeiros's Homepage
Better leid then never.
Go to Top of Page

`Ilio Nui
`Olu`olu

USA
826 Posts

Posted - 05/13/2008 :  04:55:57 AM  Show Profile
Peter, you da bes. Do you know the music to Ka Mana Wanna Leiu?

Now, back to Nā Pua. Best of luck Kawikasurf. Let us know how your experience goes. That could be handy info for many of us.

Aloha nui,

dog
Go to Top of Page

Podagee57
Lokahi

USA
280 Posts

Posted - 05/13/2008 :  07:36:09 AM  Show Profile  Visit Podagee57's Homepage
We've been using Cindy's Leis from Ohau for many years. Every year her prices are the best, the service is great, and we always get our leis right on time, shipped all the way to Bend Oregon. We usually order 200/300 for our annual luau.

808-596-6538 Ask for Wanda.

http://www.cindysleishoppe.com/

What? You mean high "E" is the TOP string. No way dude! That changes everything!
Go to Top of Page

kawikasurf
Aloha

USA
28 Posts

Posted - 05/13/2008 :  12:44:01 PM  Show Profile  Send kawikasurf a Yahoo! Message
Claudia -
How can I thank you for the great websites, the great recommendation, and the great advice about doing your homework and then following-up. Thanks so much for taking the time to provide such detailed and highly-useful information.
David

quote:
Originally posted by Claudia

Look no more - I have two places for you to contact.

With both these websites, look over the websites carefully, read everything, and then CALL them. This way works the best.

Support local business in Molokai! For Plumeria leis, contact www.molokaiplumerias.com

They just shipped us 2,000 plumeria blooms to make leis for a Hula workshop here in New York City and they arrived in perfect condition. The following week they shipped us 5,000 plumeria blooms for our Ho'ike - again, they were perfect. They can also make the leis for you. When the leis arrive, they looked great, and they give you instructions on how to keep them perky til your event.

If you want other kinds of flowers, a site I also have ordered from twice is www.flowerleis.net They have the most unbelievable selection of every kind of lei you can think of. Check out the "fragrant lei" list! I ordered tuberose/lantern/ti leaf leis and they were so fragrant and so beautiful and arrived in perfect condition. Now this site has many rules, so please read all the fine print carefully and follow instructions and back it up with the phone call - it is SO worth the effort.

If your event is in two weeks, look at the websites and call them immediately to place your order. They will discuss the proper shipping timing with you to ensure that the flowers arrive in time for your event.

Go to Top of Page

kawikasurf
Aloha

USA
28 Posts

Posted - 05/13/2008 :  12:49:04 PM  Show Profile  Send kawikasurf a Yahoo! Message
Kurt -
Wonderful information. Thanks for going to the extra effort to provide a phone number and also an internet address. I'm truly overwhelmed and grateful for the great advice everyone has generously shared. I'll provide a complete report and tell you how it went.
Mahalo nui loa to all.
Kawika

quote:
Originally posted by Podagee57

We've been using Cindy's Leis from Ohau for many years. Every year her prices are the best, the service is great, and we always get our leis right on time, shipped all the way to Bend Oregon. We usually order 200/300 for our annual luau.

808-596-6538 Ask for Wanda.

http://www.cindysleishoppe.com/

Go to Top of Page

kawikasurf
Aloha

USA
28 Posts

Posted - 05/13/2008 :  12:54:55 PM  Show Profile  Send kawikasurf a Yahoo! Message
Mahalo, Dave. I'll definitely post a follow-up after the event.
David

quote:
Originally posted by `Ilio Nui

Peter, you da bes. Do you know the music to Ka Mana Wanna Leiu?

Now, back to Nā Pua. Best of luck Kawikasurf. Let us know how your experience goes. That could be handy info for many of us.

Aloha nui,

dog

Go to Top of Page

Julie H
Ha`aha`a

USA
1206 Posts

Posted - 05/19/2008 :  7:12:39 PM  Show Profile

Gorgeous, just gorgeous! And the leis are pretty too!

Julie
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.12 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000