Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Talk Story
 Need computer video help
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

wcerto
Ahonui

USA
5052 Posts

Posted - 05/13/2008 :  12:37:22 PM  Show Profile
Boy, I really screwed up. Big time. I don't think I can make it good.

Last night we filmed the hula ladies dancing and Paul playing and singing "Ko Ma`i Ho`eu`eu" to send to Auntie Mapuana de Silva for her blessing before it is performed in public. We did not have a video camera, so I used the movie function on my digital camera. I have taken films a couple or three times with it and put them on the computer in the "My Pictures" folder.

Whatever happened this time, I do not know, but all that is there is a still photo. I used Picasa to download them off my camera, just plugged the camera in to the USB and the computer asks me what I want to do, and I told it to take them off the camera and save them in a folder called Hula for Mapu. It took them off the camera's memory and did put all the still pictures in "My Picturese", but alkas no movie.

Anyone have any idea what I did wrong? Or any easy ways of taking short movies and being able to e-mail them. If I was able to save this file properly as a movie instead of a jpg, could I e-mail it as an attachment?

Any help is greatly appreciated. And maybe the hula sisters won't kill me. (I hope)

Me ke aloha
Malama pono,
Wanda

RWD
`Olu`olu

USA
850 Posts

Posted - 05/14/2008 :  02:19:10 AM  Show Profile
Best I can suggest is to do a search using the date or file extention as parameter. Maybe it went somewhere you did not expect and the search wil find it.

Bob
Go to Top of Page

Claudia
Lokahi

USA
152 Posts

Posted - 05/14/2008 :  02:44:55 AM  Show Profile
I asked my 15 year old daughter to take a look at your movie problem, since she takes movies with her digital camara all the time and uploads them to her Mac. Her only advice was that when you do your upload from camara to the computer, never let it erase the movie in the camara's memory. Keep the movie in your camara until you are certain the upload was successful- then, you can delete it.

I know, not much help for the Hula movie! Advice for the future.
Go to Top of Page

islandboo
Lokahi

USA
237 Posts

Posted - 05/14/2008 :  10:21:28 AM  Show Profile
This is probably a dumb question, but are you certain that the movie file is no longer on the camera?? I use iPhoto and it will upload only photos, not videos. The videos remain on my memory card until I move them manually from the camera (which shows up as a device on my desktop) to the computer - or until I wipe the card.

And Claudia is absolutely correct - never allow the computer to auto-delete.
Go to Top of Page

keoladonaghy
Lokahi

257 Posts

Posted - 05/15/2008 :  11:32:32 PM  Show Profile
Aloha Wanda. I'm not a big Windows users but you might want to try this:

Connect the camera again. When you get that "Import" question (if you do see it) just cancel it. Now go to "My Computer" and see if you see an icon for the camera there. Sometimes it's hard to tell by name, but it might appear as a camera icon or even just a disk drive. You computer will treat the camera just like it will a PEN drive or external hard drive. If you do see it there, double click and it should show you the contents. Sometime the photos and videos are stored in different folders in the camera memory, but if you poke around you may find it. If you do, just copy it to your desktop or wherever else you like. The movie may have the suffix .avi. mp4 or something else that is different from the pictures.

It works like this on a Mac, too. iPhoto can auto-import from a camera but you can also just connect it and treat the camera like a portable memory device.

Hope this helps.

Keola
Go to Top of Page

alika207
Ha`aha`a

USA
1260 Posts

Posted - 05/17/2008 :  2:06:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit alika207's Homepage  Send alika207 an AOL message  Click to see alika207's MSN Messenger address  Send alika207 a Yahoo! Message
How's it going over there? Have you had any luck?

He kehau ho'oma'ema'e ke aloha.

'Alika / Polinahe
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000