Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Recording Announcements & Reviews
 Bryan Tolentino - Ka `Ukulele Lele
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

wcerto
Ahonui

USA
5052 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2008 :  11:57:10 AM  Show Profile
I am at home all alone today, just me and `Oni`Oni, relaxing in a clen house that will stay clean for a while because someone is up iin Michigan at a banjo camp. I wanted to listen to some mellow, peaceful music and put on Brian's `Ukulele Lele CD. It is so nice. Great instruments, good singing, too. I love Ku`u Pete - it is a joyful song and it makes me happy when I hear someone record it. Oh, also Bryan's Radio Hula can become an `ukulele classic, the way it has become a guitar classic for Led.

But what schleps he has for musicians: Hoku Zuttermeister on upright bass. Thatt CUTE Ocean Kaowili playing ki ho`alu. Sheesh, Bryan. You couldn't get anyone good to help you out? Nah, nah. Just kidding. You know how I feel about that CUTE Ocean Kaowili.

If you haven bought this CD of Bryan`s-our TP braddah sob), then go and buy. You will not be disappointed.

http://www.taropatch.net/forum/topic.asp?ARCHIVE=true&TOPIC_ID=3072
Here are reviews from when the CD first came out.

Me ke aloha
Malama pono,
Wanda

Edited by - wcerto on 06/07/2008 11:58:00 AM

Momi
Lokahi

402 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2008 :  3:21:59 PM  Show Profile
I love this CD. "Mililani Morning" is my favorite track, closely followed by "How D'ya Do."
Go to Top of Page

hawaiianmusiclover06
`Olu`olu

USA
562 Posts

Posted - 06/08/2008 :  12:20:15 AM  Show Profile  Visit hawaiianmusiclover06's Homepage  Send hawaiianmusiclover06 an AOL message  Click to see hawaiianmusiclover06's MSN Messenger address  Send hawaiianmusiclover06 a Yahoo! Message
I totally love everything about Bryan's Ka 'Ukulele Lele CD! I have to dig his version of Over the Rainbow and Ka'a Ahi Kahului. He is such an awesome 'ukulele player and a friend. I had the opportunity to meet him in person, he is such a nice guy.

Alana :)

Aloha Kakou, maluhia a me aloha mau loa (Hello everyone, peace and love forever)
Go to Top of Page

Tonya
Lokahi

USA
177 Posts

Posted - 06/08/2008 :  09:19:07 AM  Show Profile  Visit Tonya's Homepage
Bryan's "Ka 'Ukulele Lele" is the go-to CD I refer folks to when they ask for a "contemporary" ukulele CD. It's my very favorite in my good-sized collection. This is a definite "must buy" for ukulele enthusiasts. Bryan demonstrates superb technical expertise but he plays with such warmth that the "feel" of the music is what I absorb--not the "how does he do that so well?" aspect.

http://www.uketreasures.com
http://www.ukuleletonya.com
Go to Top of Page

alika207
Ha`aha`a

USA
1260 Posts

Posted - 06/18/2008 :  3:33:03 PM  Show Profile  Visit alika207's Homepage  Send alika207 an AOL message  Click to see alika207's MSN Messenger address  Send alika207 a Yahoo! Message
Awesome indeed!

But, I think it has already been mentioned more than once. Not that that's a bad thing. Just watch out maybe.

Sorry. Sometimes I don't really like things repeated more than once. Just me.

He kehau ho'oma'ema'e ke aloha.

'Alika / Polinahe
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000