Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Talk Story
 My hanai nephews
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Baritone
Lokahi

USA
136 Posts

Posted - 06/09/2008 :  02:14:21 AM  Show Profile
Eh, Guava (the piquant variety fo make jam & jelly) and Hapuna (the spring of "mea wai")! I see yourselves more through this, your conversations, than your bio photos, which I KNOW you guyz ain't!! Keep rapping bout photo-linc'oln, tho, coz I learning....wat NOT fo do!
Herb
Go to Top of Page

hapuna
Lokahi

USA
159 Posts

Posted - 06/09/2008 :  08:45:46 AM  Show Profile  Visit hapuna's Homepage
Wow I neva have to work so hard. Normally I just copy da link and paste em. I see what you mean now though. You know you broke your previous message by taking away da monkey yeah?

hapuna
Seattle
Go to Top of Page

guitarded
Ha`aha`a

USA
1799 Posts

Posted - 06/09/2008 :  08:58:31 AM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by hapuna

Wow I neva have to work so hard. Normally I just copy da link and paste em. I see what you mean now though.
Eh, I see you got um to work!
quote:
You know you broke your previous message by taking away da monkey yeah?
Yeah da buggah wen try excape but I been stuff him right back where he belongs.

Go to Top of Page

hapuna
Lokahi

USA
159 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2008 :  07:05:37 AM  Show Profile  Visit hapuna's Homepage
Yeah once I engaged 1 brain cell I got what you were trying to tell me. Wow not used to all da options!

hapuna
Seattle
Go to Top of Page

braddah jay
Lokahi

235 Posts

Posted - 06/11/2008 :  09:21:21 AM  Show Profile
Wow,I was wondering how dis thread stay doing,what all fix?Main ting she stay fix.Aloha
Go to Top of Page

guitarded
Ha`aha`a

USA
1799 Posts

Posted - 06/17/2008 :  2:19:34 PM  Show Profile
Eh Ma, I like ax you someting about dis peetcha dat's been boddering me...

How come your malihini tourist left arm stay more papa'a (toasty dark) den da two boloheads who live there? Did you go to one of dem tanning salons before flying ovah?

Go to Top of Page

wcerto
Ahonui

USA
5052 Posts

Posted - 06/18/2008 :  12:57:58 AM  Show Profile
Cause I wen get plenny sun on da ahm after I get dea. First day fogot da sunblock. Lived to regret it, too. You may be a redneck if you foget da sunblock and get da burn on da back of you neck. That is where I reallygot it. Yep, I'm a redneck all right. I was sked of getting my chest scar burned, they warned me about that. It never changed color. The rest of me did, even freckles, more and bigger. That is probably why little JJ wanted to know what those polka dots on da haole auntie's face were. I think Paul's hair keeps him from burning, plus Italian, he just gets nice and tanned, no burn, except maybe on da pink top of his head.

No tanning salon. But there are magic ways through chemistry, you know. I did use some Jergens Natural Glow daily moisturizer, which is purported to give a "healthy glow", got one for da body and one for da face. The face one was nice, very subtle. The body one was not good, very splotchy, so I only used it at home once before we wenet and scrubbed and scrubbed til it came off. I was shame to go and let everyone see my pastey white legs, but then it dawned on me, that I would blend right in ova Waikiki. But I did notice that the Japanese tourists covered themselves from head to toe. Hats, long sleeves, even gloves on their hands. Long pants or long dresses, socks. Even umbrellas to keep the sun off. They must not like a healthy glow, yeah? I also recall that Jay's wife, Rizalina, did not want to get sun when we went Kaka`ako, so she put plenty sun block.

But the good news, Braddah Ed, is that you can see where my tan stops. Therefore, you know I did no topless sunbathing.

Me ke aloha
Malama pono,
Wanda

Edited by - wcerto on 06/18/2008 12:58:26 AM
Go to Top of Page

ypochris
Lokahi

USA
398 Posts

Posted - 06/18/2008 :  03:19:18 AM  Show Profile
"How come your malihini tourist left arm stay more papa'a (toasty dark) den da two boloheads who live there? "

I don't know about everyone else, but when I was living in Hawai'i I always avoided the sun as much as possible- get too much as it is. Too much sun makes your skin get old, and causes skin cancer. But the first thing tourists do is go lie in the sun and get as brown as possible, so they can brag to their friends at home that they went to Hawai'i.

Except the Japanese. In Japan fair skin is considered atractive- the last thing a Japanese woman wants is to look like a peon who has to work outside in the fields. Holdover from feudal times. Europeans had the same aesthetic before factory work became the fate of the poor, and a suntan proved leisure time.

Chris
Go to Top of Page

sandman
Lokahi

USA
181 Posts

Posted - 06/18/2008 :  05:32:06 AM  Show Profile  Visit sandman's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by ypochris

"How come your malihini tourist left arm stay more papa'a (toasty dark) den da two boloheads who live there? "

I don't know about everyone else, but when I was living in Hawai'i I always avoided the sun as much as possible- get too much as it is. Too much sun makes your skin get old, and causes skin cancer. But the first thing tourists do is go lie in the sun and get as brown as possible, so they can brag to their friends at home that they went to Hawai'i.

Except the Japanese. In Japan fair skin is considered atractive- the last thing a Japanese woman wants is to look like a peon who has to work outside in the fields. Holdover from feudal times. Europeans had the same aesthetic before factory work became the fate of the poor, and a suntan proved leisure time.

Chris

True of many Asians. I'm a columnist for a Vietnamese mgazine/radio station and the last thing any of the ladies in the office want to do is get a tan. They admire my sports car but refuse to ride in it with the top down. Or up, as far as that goes. (That may be due to factors other than a tan, of course.)

And the Vietnamese women who cut my hair can't understand why I stay so tan, especially when they see the consequences of it on my head and especially my ear. I tell them too many years on the beach and the mountain and the boat. They don't understand that, either.

Sandy

Leap into the boundless and make it your home.
Zhuang-zi
Go to Top of Page

braddah jay
Lokahi

235 Posts

Posted - 06/18/2008 :  12:22:57 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by guavasunrise

Eh Ma, I like ax you someting about dis peetcha dat's been boddering me...

How come your malihini tourist left arm stay more papa'a (toasty dark) den da two boloheads who live there? Did you go to one of dem tanning salons before flying ovah?

Braddah ed,you heard of nocturnalitis ah?Big word ah,yeah yeah I know das not one real word,but she sound good.Only part time nocturnalist,usually wen playing music wit duke,da addah half of okole,wen us guys put our two heads together.Wen learn da hard way,slack key festival,all day in da sun wit no sun block.Duke wen look jalike one burnt tourist,me was my bolo head (3-ball side pocket)But really I tink was da shade or something dat wen make her arm look dat dark.K-den
Go to Top of Page

guitarded
Ha`aha`a

USA
1799 Posts

Posted - 06/18/2008 :  12:47:27 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by braddah jay

But really I tink was da shade or something dat wen make her arm look dat dark.
Oh okay mahalo braddah Jay, I was jahs checking fo make shuwah Wanda neva go tanning salon which I would find quite amusing. One of da reasons I find it amusing is because my wife does da same ting too.

But what isn't so amusing is dat I usually end up having to pay fo da dang tanning sessions.

Go to Top of Page

wcerto
Ahonui

USA
5052 Posts

Posted - 06/18/2008 :  12:53:20 PM  Show Profile
Lordy me, Braddah Ed! I waste money lots of ways, but I would never waste it to rotisserize myself in a tanning salon. I'd rather spend it on papers and stickers and such for scrapbooking and card making. (Wait til you get my 4th of July cards). I like making cards so much, that I am inventing card giving holidays. Normally 4th of July is not a card sending holiday, but, well, I guess I shall start a new tradition.

My arms did get very dark. Still are. I am colored like a pie bald deer.

Me ke aloha
Malama pono,
Wanda
Go to Top of Page

guitarded
Ha`aha`a

USA
1799 Posts

Posted - 06/18/2008 :  2:04:25 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by wcerto

I am colored like a pie bald deer.
Deya you go again talking hillbilly Ma. Dass almost as bad us braddah Retro talking pidgin.

Go to Top of Page

Retro
Ahonui

USA
2368 Posts

Posted - 06/18/2008 :  2:25:25 PM  Show Profile  Visit Retro's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by guavasunrise

Dass almost as bad us braddah Retro talking pidgin.

Emphasis on almost, if you please. One of my long-standing philosophies is: "I don't get paid very much - but then, I don't take much pride in my work."
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.12 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000