Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Talk Story
 My Wife Dancing For Kealoha Kalama
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

markwitz
`Olu`olu

USA
841 Posts

Posted - 06/18/2008 :  10:42:34 AM  Show Profile
I'm happy to be able to share a wonderful memory we have from our recent O`ahu trip. My wife Denise and I were at Pakele Lounge for the second time during our trip. We were with our good friend Lynn from www.mkaloha.com . We were excited to be able to meet Kealoha Kalama and chat with her before the show started. She asked my wife if she danced, and after she got an affirmative response, she asked for how long. When Denise said about three years, Kealoha didn't even hesitate and said, "Good I'll call you up during the show, what do you want to dance?"

Denise told me later that she about died, but she couldn't say no to Kealoha Kalama, if asked to dance.

I was so proud of her. And when after the first verse Kealoha looked down at her and said "Yaaa, how 'bout dat", I almost jumped out of my seat.

And to top it off. Three days later, we were at a Benefit Luau in Kane`ohe, and Kealoha's Hula sister, who was also at Pakele the night Denise danced, came up to us and said to Denise, "Hi I remember you from the other night when you danced at Pakele. You did a great job." and gave us both big hugs. What a trip!!

Thank you to the person posting this on Youtube. He seems to enjoy posting a lot of the wonderful moments from Pakele. But this one, of course, has special meaning for us.

Life is good when you are married to a Hula Dancer!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sR0oiUdKDZg

"The music of the Hawaiians, the most fascinating in the world, is still in my ears and
haunts me sleeping and waking."
Mark Twain

Edited by - markwitz on 06/19/2008 7:16:13 PM

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 06/18/2008 :  10:48:23 AM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
Great! Thanks for the story and link to the video. Feel as if I were there too.

Andy
Go to Top of Page

wcerto
Ahonui

USA
5052 Posts

Posted - 06/18/2008 :  11:48:00 AM  Show Profile
Not only is Denise's hula beautiful, but to dance for Auntie Kealoha! Wowie! And even better to have a film reminder of the exciting and chicken skin time. Congrats Denise on a job well done, no nerves at all! And Norman, thank you for being excited and proud of your wife.

Hana hou.

Me ke aloha
Malama pono,
Wanda
Go to Top of Page

Auntie Maria
Ha`aha`a

USA
1918 Posts

Posted - 06/18/2008 :  3:05:47 PM  Show Profile
Mark, does your wife dance with Leolani Lowry by any chance?

Auntie Maria
===================
My "Aloha Kaua`i" radio show streams FREE online every Thu & Fri 7-9am (HST)
www.kkcr.org - Kaua`i Community Radio
"Like" Aloha Kauai on Facebook, for playlists and news/info about island music and musicians!

Go to Top of Page

markwitz
`Olu`olu

USA
841 Posts

Posted - 06/19/2008 :  11:24:57 AM  Show Profile
Yes

"The music of the Hawaiians, the most fascinating in the world, is still in my ears and
haunts me sleeping and waking."
Mark Twain
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.12 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000