Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Talk Story
 New Indiana Jones movie
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

ypochris
Lokahi

USA
398 Posts

Posted - 06/20/2008 :  4:47:50 PM  Show Profile
Chunky Monkey-

That would be a subject I would enjoy. Particularly as it relates to Hawai'i. Why not open up the old railroad easements and put in light rail and perhaps bicycle paths? New shopping centers could be located next to the rail lines, which tend to go through industrial areas in any case. Provide free bikes like they do in Davis, CA- take it, ride to where you are going, leave it on the sidewalk for the next person.

Isn't this exactly what talk story is all about? Whatever interests you...

Anyway, back on topic- I had trouble imagining that there would be enough iron in gunpowder of any vintage for the powder to be strongly attracted to a source of magnetism. And Paul, although my fireworks manufacturing was only between the ages of eight and twelve, they were always far more exciting than the commercial varieties and no one got hurt.

Chris
Go to Top of Page

wcerto
Ahonui

USA
5052 Posts

Posted - 06/21/2008 :  12:39:14 AM  Show Profile
I do not mind of movies are not realistic. I go to movies on the rare occasions that I do in order to be entertained. I loved all the Indy movies thus far. And there was plenty unbelievable stuff in them: Nazis melting away; Thuggees ripping out someone's heart with their hands; the Knights Templar still alive. But they entertained and they were fun.

Hun-Bun, take me to the movies today. No popcorn with butter and salt.

Me ke aloha
Malama pono,
Wanda
Go to Top of Page

bbenzel
Lokahi

USA
130 Posts

Posted - 06/21/2008 :  05:34:26 AM  Show Profile  Visit bbenzel's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by chunky monkey

anybody else - why is this post here?
one of the reasons I seldom look anymore.
In fact, I'm thinking of a post on
the most recent advances in regional integrated transportation and
land use modeling. There! I said it.

That's a terrific idea. Let's hijack this thread. Are you talking about the Sprinter or did someone do something elsewhere on the planet?

BTW, one of my life goals is to become more curmudgeonly than you. Haha!
Go to Top of Page

bubba
Akahai

72 Posts

Posted - 06/21/2008 :  05:59:25 AM  Show Profile
I hate to interject Hawaii in to this post but does anyone know anything about Hawaii Island's involvement in the movie?
Go to Top of Page

markwitz
`Olu`olu

USA
841 Posts

Posted - 06/21/2008 :  07:56:09 AM  Show Profile
Well if the makers of the last Indiana Jones movie are spreading their Aloha to Hawai`i, then I think the least we can do is show some Aloha back and go see the movie. As my wife reminds me, "A bit of innocent escapism every now and then, won't hurt." I hope she is not referring to me when she says that, though.

"The music of the Hawaiians, the most fascinating in the world, is still in my ears and
haunts me sleeping and waking."
Mark Twain
Go to Top of Page

guitarded
Ha`aha`a

USA
1799 Posts

Posted - 06/21/2008 :  11:35:23 AM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by markwitz

As my wife reminds me, "A bit of innocent escapism every now and then, won't hurt." I hope she is not referring to me when she says that, though.
Hey Markwitz, was she referring to your Urban Cowboy bucking bronco hat, or to your Superman cape?

Go to Top of Page

markwitz
`Olu`olu

USA
841 Posts

Posted - 06/21/2008 :  12:41:44 PM  Show Profile
quote:
[i]Originally posted by guavasunriseHey Markwitz, was she referring to your Urban Cowboy bucking bronco hat, or to your Superman cape?

Neither.

A Fedora and a Whip!!

"The music of the Hawaiians, the most fascinating in the world, is still in my ears and
haunts me sleeping and waking."
Mark Twain
Go to Top of Page

braddah jay
Lokahi

235 Posts

Posted - 06/21/2008 :  11:38:28 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by guavasunrise

Must be just da right temperature and humidity in da lo'i. Da termites are starting to crawl outa da woodwork.

No worry,just put one bowl watah,das where dey goin end up anyway.
Go to Top of Page

thumbstruck
Ahonui

USA
2165 Posts

Posted - 06/22/2008 :  09:36:03 AM  Show Profile
Movies are comic books set on a big screen with the purpose of selling highly priced "food-products".
I saw the flick, good romp. If you want serious, stick with Documentaries. I did notice that whatever Hawaiian music that was on the soundtrack ended up on the cutting room floor. Indiana Jones didn't even play the ukulele!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.12 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000