Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Talk Story
 Lite Version
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

PoiDog
Lokahi

245 Posts

Posted - 06/24/2008 :  4:28:50 PM  Show Profile
So...Who went Georgie's Workshop an how waz?

Aloha,
da Poi Dog

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 06/24/2008 :  5:13:03 PM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
Yeah, I want to know too!

Andy
Go to Top of Page

vscotth
Aloha

USA
39 Posts

Posted - 06/24/2008 :  9:52:07 PM  Show Profile  Visit vscotth's Homepage
It was a great week, cuz Ozzie, Jeff Peterson, Daniel Ho, Keoki, Herb Ohta Jr, Kevin Brown and Uncle George were teaching the classes. Excellent instructors, all!

Also, Darci Baker did an amazing job to make singers out of all of us in her singing and choir classes. But the real surprise, to me, was Norton Buffalo's amazing harmonica playing and really high-quality classes. Who knew? Harmonica and slack key just blended beautifully, thanks to Norton's incredible talent.

The week was capped off with a performance by Uncle George, Keoki, Herb, Norton and the entire workshop class at the Annual Maui Slack Key Festival at the Maui Arts and Cultural Center in Kahului. All in all, it was a great week for learning and for developing a deeper understanding and appreciation of Hawaiian culture and music.

... and I understand that the hotel is already booked solid for next year. Mahalo nui loa to Uncle George, Nancy, Keoki, and the rest of the workshop staff that worked so hard to make this workshop such a success.

Edited by - vscotth on 06/24/2008 10:52:09 PM
Go to Top of Page

wcerto
Ahonui

USA
5052 Posts

Posted - 06/25/2008 :  02:38:40 AM  Show Profile
Is this video from you guys at the performance session of the Slack Key Festival?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=cRlryKWRots

Me ke aloha
Malama pono,
Wanda
Go to Top of Page

vscotth
Aloha

USA
39 Posts

Posted - 06/25/2008 :  8:53:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit vscotth's Homepage
Yup, that's us, all right. I don't know if it's just my pc, but the sound from that clip was not so great... at least, from where I was, it sounded much better, but then, I'm biased.

The performance continued with a great rendition of Hawaiian War Chant, with Uncle George singing and Norton Buffalo taking some pretty fancy solo breaks. Maybe somebody caught that on video?
Go to Top of Page

hawaiianmusiclover06
`Olu`olu

USA
562 Posts

Posted - 06/26/2008 :  12:04:18 AM  Show Profile  Visit hawaiianmusiclover06's Homepage  Send hawaiianmusiclover06 an AOL message  Click to see hawaiianmusiclover06's MSN Messenger address  Send hawaiianmusiclover06 a Yahoo! Message
Sounds like you guys had a wonderful and awesome time at the workshop. Maybe I'll have to go and take it of these days.

Alana :)

Aloha Kakou, maluhia a me aloha mau loa (Hello everyone, peace and love forever)
Go to Top of Page

wcerto
Ahonui

USA
5052 Posts

Posted - 06/26/2008 :  12:41:47 AM  Show Profile
I thought the bad sound was from my junk computer. All the videos on you tube from the slack key festival sounded bad. There are several on you tube. Surely better quality videos are likely to appear on you tube. I was amazed at how quickly these popped up there.

I'm glad twas a good workshop for you guys. I am sure plenty of aloha was given and plenty fun, too. Keoki is an amazing young man!

Me ke aloha
Malama pono,
Wanda
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000