Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Hawaiian Slack Key Guitar / Hawaiian Music
 "Ki Ho`alu" tab (Ozzie's)...what tuning?
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

cpatch
Ahonui

USA
2187 Posts

Posted - 06/25/2008 :  7:00:30 PM  Show Profile  Visit cpatch's Homepage  Send cpatch an AOL message
I have some tab from Ozzie of the song "Ki Ho`alu" (not "Kani Ki Ho`alu"). The tuning is cropped off on the first page...does anyone know what it is? Thanks.

Craig
My goal is to be able to play as well as people think I can.

kihoalukid
Lokahi

USA
289 Posts

Posted - 06/25/2008 :  8:23:04 PM  Show Profile  Visit kihoalukid's Homepage
Hi Craig, its CGEGAE.

Lee
Go to Top of Page

vscotth
Aloha

USA
39 Posts

Posted - 06/25/2008 :  8:32:40 PM  Show Profile  Visit vscotth's Homepage
That's the C6th Mauna Loa tuning that Ozzie learned listening to 'Pure Gabby'. Interesting because the third string becomes part of the alternating bass. Let me know if you're interested in chord charts for this tuning.
Go to Top of Page

cpatch
Ahonui

USA
2187 Posts

Posted - 06/25/2008 :  8:38:11 PM  Show Profile  Visit cpatch's Homepage  Send cpatch an AOL message
Mahalo to both of you. No need for the chord charts yet...I haven't made the jump to understanding why I'm playing the notes that I'm playing yet!

Craig
Go to Top of Page

Mika ele
Ha`aha`a

USA
1493 Posts

Posted - 06/26/2008 :  10:26:03 AM  Show Profile
Craig,
I'll send you an email

E nana, e ho'olohe. E pa'a ka waha, e hana ka lima.
Go to Top of Page

slkho
`Olu`olu

740 Posts

Posted - 06/27/2008 :  12:05:46 PM  Show Profile
Craig,
When your ready to practice-practice-practice....and more practice still, you need to come over my house...we'll even drag Mike over if he promises to leave his piano at home, (or i'll sic Zoom on him!!!)....got to get you back up to speed so you can play with us again. Dog's of War buddy...Dog's of War!!!!
~slkho
Go to Top of Page

bbenzel
Lokahi

USA
130 Posts

Posted - 06/28/2008 :  05:09:16 AM  Show Profile  Visit bbenzel's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by slkho

Craig,
When your ready to practice-practice-practice....and more practice still, you need to come over my house...we'll even drag Mike over if he promises to leave his piano at home, (or i'll sic Zoom on him!!!)....got to get you back up to speed so you can play with us again. Dog's of War buddy...Dog's of War!!!!
~slkho

Hey, my house is available too in case Zoom gets too hungry.

Allz we gotz here is hummingbirds of war.

Go to Top of Page

cpatch
Ahonui

USA
2187 Posts

Posted - 06/29/2008 :  5:49:30 PM  Show Profile  Visit cpatch's Homepage  Send cpatch an AOL message
Thanks guys...I'll take you up on the offers eventually!

Craig
Go to Top of Page

Pua Kai
Ha`aha`a

USA
1007 Posts

Posted - 06/30/2008 :  06:31:27 AM  Show Profile
Hey!
Just realized vscotth is Scott Hillman.... O .....
Craig - - can you make it last weekend here in July? which day?
and Bill and Rik - - weekend? oops - - I hijacked the thread... tee hee.
Will see some of you at Falsetto Festival, John Keawe in SD, and what about anyone coming up for the festival at Alondra Park (Torrance/Gardena) on the 19th and 20th??? Scott, Dick, Linda and I are often looking for fellow ki ho'alu-ists (in defference to those who dislike being called slackers).
Aloha!
Go to Top of Page

cpatch
Ahonui

USA
2187 Posts

Posted - 07/01/2008 :  05:17:52 AM  Show Profile  Visit cpatch's Homepage  Send cpatch an AOL message
Nancy, Rachel and I are planning on coming up either the 19th or the 20th for the festival. The following weekend is a possibility...let me check with Rachel and email you back.

Craig
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000