Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Talk Story
 Think Bing -- The Book!
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2008 :  03:55:44 AM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
It's not everyday that one of our taropatchers is featured in a book. Any surfers out there? Some of you may have met fellow 'patcher Bing and/or know of his work.

I met Bing at AMC, many years ago. Super nice guy, and I am sure his slack key has come a long way since we saw each other last. I have to get the book and tell people that I know a celebrity. Congrats, Bing!

http://www.classicbingsurfboards.com

Andy

Sarah
`Olu`olu

571 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2008 :  06:09:27 AM  Show Profile
Congratulations, Bing!
Reid and I were lucky to meet Bing at AMC too, couldn't be a nicer guy!
Go to Top of Page

PearlCityBoy
Lokahi

USA
432 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2008 :  06:48:17 AM  Show Profile
I must say, we have the coolest folks in Taropatch. Congratulations Bing and hope I get to meet and kanikapila with you some day.

Aloha,

Doug
Go to Top of Page

Reid
Ha`aha`a

Andorra
1526 Posts

Posted - 07/08/2008 :  09:42:22 AM  Show Profile
Funniest thing was when Bing introduced himself (as we all did) at the first AMC class with Keola. Keola went down on his knees in front of him, and told him that he was his hero (parphrasing) and how he, as a kid, used to steal all the Bing boards he saw untended.

Bing deserves the recognition.

...Reid
Go to Top of Page

cpatch
Ahonui

USA
2187 Posts

Posted - 07/08/2008 :  10:44:13 AM  Show Profile  Visit cpatch's Homepage  Send cpatch an AOL message
Congratulations, Bing! I had the pleasure of hanging out with Bing at my apartment a few years back and playing slack key together. I'm not a surfer, so I can't speak for his boards, but his slack key was very nahenahe. Nice guy too!

Craig
My goal is to be able to play as well as people think I can.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000