Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Talk Story
 What is the story of the Sandman?
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

wcerto
Ahonui

USA
5052 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2008 :  09:49:38 AM  Show Profile
When I was visiting O`ahu, I made sure I bought every bit of scrapbook stuff I could find -- beautiful papers and stickers and such. Here is a photo of one of the stickers I bought. I got it because this guy was holding an `ukulele, and I thought maybe he was a menehune, but I see from the tag on the bag of the package, that it was called "Sandman".

Is there a story or legend attached to the Sandman? Can anyone help enlighten me?

Mahalo in advance for any kokua.

Me ke aloha
Malama pono,
Wanda

Edited by - wcerto on 07/06/2008 09:51:28 AM

PoiDog
Lokahi

245 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2008 :  10:40:56 AM  Show Profile
Uhhhh...snowman, but with sand? But it'd have to be pretty small, 'cuz most Hawai`i sand isn't condusive to stuff being very tall, especially when the moisture drains (gravity). I think Kailua/Lanikai sand is more powdery and would hold up if you do bigger/taller stuff.

AFAIK there is no legend. Of course you can start one...

"One clear night, I was sitting on the beach, playing my `ukulele, watching the moon and stars. Suddenly, there appeared a menehune sandman. Together we made wonderful music." Or something like that...

Sorry...had to edit. I thought it would be pretty cool if everyone added to the story. Nobody get naughty, though! Use BOLD for your changes...

Wanda...I nevah mean fo hijack yo thread, but da idea wen jump out at me. If you say no...I goin' delete da post.

Aloha,
da Poi Dog

Edited by - PoiDog on 07/06/2008 10:54:44 AM
Go to Top of Page

wcerto
Ahonui

USA
5052 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2008 :  11:22:53 AM  Show Profile
Poi Dog - I tink dat one shaka aideeyah. But I betchu some kine storehy to it, oddahwise, why would make a stickah for it eef nobodeh stay no da storeh? Eef nobodeh no, den only can sell dem to malihini lai' me who don' even no wot.

OK - here my storeh paht to add:

But I was finally able to talk storey with the menhune sandman to find out why they like hammajang when peepose go ovah da pali wit da manapua and da okolehao. So he said, "I gonna tell you, but you no can tell. Here goes...

Me ke aloha
Malama pono,
Wanda
Go to Top of Page

PoiDog
Lokahi

245 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2008 :  5:56:20 PM  Show Profile
One clear night, I was sitting on the beach, playing my `ukulele, watching the moon and stars. Suddenly, there appeared a menehune sandman. Together we made wonderful music.

All of a sudden a huge wave broke on the beach and that was the end of my menehune sandman.

But I was finally able to talk (story) story with what remained of the menhune sandman to find out why they like hammajang when peepose go ovah da pali wit da manapua and da okolehao. So I had to rebuild him. After I did, he said, "I gonna tell you, but you no can tell. Here goes..."

Aloha,
da Poi Dog
Go to Top of Page

Auntie Maria
Ha`aha`a

USA
1918 Posts

Posted - 07/08/2008 :  08:25:36 AM  Show Profile
You guyz are da best...talented...and funny, too!

Mahalo for giving me da morning smile!

Auntie Maria
===================
My "Aloha Kaua`i" radio show streams FREE online every Thu & Fri 7-9am (HST)
www.kkcr.org - Kaua`i Community Radio
"Like" Aloha Kauai on Facebook, for playlists and news/info about island music and musicians!

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.12 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000