Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Talk Story
 All da peepo stay watch Duke & Jay
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

wcerto
Ahonui

USA
5052 Posts

Posted - 07/24/2008 :  04:28:33 AM  Show Profile
Look dis: http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=sirduke58&search_sort=video_view_count - Ova 2700 hunneht on "Ku`u Kika Kahiko" alone.

Can see the kajillions and kajillions peepo stay watch Duke and Jay on You Tube. I got one populah hanai `ohana, yeah?

You guyz stay get mo views den Braddah Al's saimin video.

Choke fans you get. An to tink I new you wen.

Me ke aloha
Malama pono,
Wanda

RWD
`Olu`olu

USA
850 Posts

Posted - 07/25/2008 :  01:31:56 AM  Show Profile
Bruddah Duke is a definitely a good guitar player!
That song is not easy either--sounds easy, but try em one time and den you find out!
Jay and Duke will be out playing gigs someday soon.
Aloha to you braddah Duke.

Bob
Go to Top of Page

marzullo
`Olu`olu

USA
923 Posts

Posted - 07/25/2008 :  06:32:25 AM  Show Profile  Visit marzullo's Homepage  Send marzullo an AOL message
duke, you sure do make it look easy... i love the feeling you give it - playful and sweet.

aloha,
keith

Go to Top of Page

wcerto
Ahonui

USA
5052 Posts

Posted - 07/25/2008 :  08:45:11 AM  Show Profile
Now Ku`u Kika Kahiko is up over 2,800. And I love reading the comments that rank strangers have posted. Goes to show you how touching this music is. I feel like a proud mama.

And dem peepo want to know when da Duke & Jay CD coming out. And, Dukie and Jay your public want singing. I can just hear you now, Jay. "Raindrops, they hamper my vision...." And da public prolly want to hear JAY play the slack key. Right, public????

Me ke aloha
Malama pono,
Wanda
Go to Top of Page

rendesvous1840
Ha`aha`a

USA
1055 Posts

Posted - 07/25/2008 :  12:51:59 PM  Show Profile
Y'all, we're waiting. Don't make it too long of a wait.
Paul

"A master banjo player isn't the person who can pick the most notes.It's the person who can touch the most hearts." Patrick Costello
Go to Top of Page

noeau
Ha`aha`a

USA
1105 Posts

Posted - 07/26/2008 :  11:38:15 AM  Show Profile
I'm honored to be listed here. Thanks Duke.

No'eau, eia au he mea pa'ani wale nō.
Go to Top of Page

wcerto
Ahonui

USA
5052 Posts

Posted - 07/26/2008 :  12:09:30 PM  Show Profile
Eh - don't forget Andy is on there as is Doug Fitch and Ray Sowder.and Unko Dave with da slack key ukulele.

Me ke aloha
Malama pono,
Wanda
Go to Top of Page

wcerto
Ahonui

USA
5052 Posts

Posted - 07/27/2008 :  3:52:06 PM  Show Profile
This is the best -- I have a girl friend who is going to Hawai`i in September, I think one week O`ahu and a couple tree days Big Island. I sent her the link to Duke & Jay's You Tube videos.

Here is what she asked me:

"Where do we see Duke and Jay perform?"

See Dukie & Jay - you already have the clamoring public. She truly thinks you guys are guys what play in da hotels or wherever.

Me ke aloha
Malama pono,
Wanda
Go to Top of Page

braddah jay
Lokahi

235 Posts

Posted - 07/27/2008 :  8:25:27 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by wcerto

This is the best -- I have a girl friend who is going to Hawai`i in September, I think one week O`ahu and a couple tree days Big Island. I sent her the link to Duke & Jay's You Tube videos.

Here is what she asked me:

"Where do we see Duke and Jay perform?"

See Dukie & Jay - you already have the clamoring public. She truly thinks you guys are guys what play in da hotels or wherever.

What ma you forget,we did play at da hotel,until we got kicked out...he he he.But foa special guest we goin play sunset at da beach gig,along wit pupu's and drinks,and sunset dinner overlookin da beach Duke is ready to post again,me I no longer play at all,gave it up...Only kiddin,see y'all soon
Go to Top of Page

marzullo
`Olu`olu

USA
923 Posts

Posted - 07/28/2008 :  04:36:21 AM  Show Profile  Visit marzullo's Homepage  Send marzullo an AOL message
hey duke,

if you haven't already, you might experiment with playing parts of the song down by the bridge. i'm thinking of like how keola did in "in the real old style" in contrast to the somewhat muted strums, giving one the feeling of old style guitar.

thank you for putting me on your list of people you're encouraging to upload to youTube. there's some awesome players you've inadvertently missed - i love the playing of big dog dave nye, for example...

we've done a taropatch CD a few times (i use the word "we" loosely - i contributed, but the editors did the real work along with the help of many others - the last one i was a tiny part of was the labor of love of raymond). this was a great way to learn about each other's music. doing something simpler and more distributed on youTube is a nice idea, and it does spread the music outside the `ohana. there's all the issues of copyright - for example, i recently performed my own arrangement of "koke`e" but i think i'd need to ask brother dennis if i could post it on youTube. so, i think we need to be more careful in doing this.

aloha,
keith

Edited by - marzullo on 07/28/2008 06:25:09 AM
Go to Top of Page

cpatch
Ahonui

USA
2187 Posts

Posted - 07/28/2008 :  06:39:12 AM  Show Profile  Visit cpatch's Homepage  Send cpatch an AOL message
quote:
Originally posted by sirduke58

It don't cost anytihing but time and would go a long way in perpetuating this dying art form.

Hey Duke, thanks for including me on your list but if I posted myself playing on YouTube at the moment it would do more to kill the art form than perpetuate it! (CBS taped me playing Kani Ki Ho`alu a few years back for a segment on podcasting they did for the Early Show, despite me warning them they wouldn't want to use it. They didn't use it.)

Craig
My goal is to be able to play as well as people think I can.

Edited by - cpatch on 07/28/2008 06:41:42 AM
Go to Top of Page

wcerto
Ahonui

USA
5052 Posts

Posted - 07/28/2008 :  2:23:54 PM  Show Profile
Duke wen post one nodda video on da You Tube. But wheah Jay? Dukie had to make his own riddim.

Chrai watch da swell geetah playin': http://youtube.com/watch?v=nZUN_n0xka8

Me ke aloha
Malama pono,
Wanda
Go to Top of Page

marzullo
`Olu`olu

USA
923 Posts

Posted - 07/28/2008 :  3:07:46 PM  Show Profile  Visit marzullo's Homepage  Send marzullo an AOL message
i don't know the back story about jay, rhythm, and all - but i wanted to say that duke, that's a fine video. it's a cool song, and you're having fun...

aloha,
keith

Go to Top of Page

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 07/31/2008 :  10:37:24 AM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
quote:
Originally posted by sirduke58

Andy Wang (Semi-pro)

I'm just a student. I do enjoy watching everyone's videos. Will think about posting something.

Andy
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2008 :  04:41:48 AM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
Well, I definitely don't belong in the same sentence/paragraph as those guys! I really am a student. But it's true, the day we stop learning, well, you know.

Andy
Go to Top of Page

wcerto
Ahonui

USA
5052 Posts

Posted - 09/13/2008 :  4:10:11 PM  Show Profile
Now this is the coolest thing. When I query You Tube for "slack key", the very first thing, right at the top of the list, is our own dear, sweet, lovable, handsome, talented Duke.

Look see: http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=slack+key&search_type=&aq=f

Duke and Jay getting famous on the You Tube. Plenny folks watching dem. Right on my braddahs.

Me ke aloha
Malama pono,
Wanda
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000