Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Talk Story
 Bla Scavenger Hunt
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

slkho
`Olu`olu

740 Posts

Posted - 08/26/2008 :  07:07:19 AM  Show Profile
Okay all, its getting very near that time again for me & Pua-ho's visit back to Hawaii, (Aloha week) and my search to find the elusive Bla Pahinui...last year he escaped my search, and I just missed him with my tranquilizer dart as he darted behind some bushes. I was planning to tranq him, tag him, and maybe finally get his autograph.
If anyone knows where I actually find him, (please no guesses) I'd appreciate it. If I run into Martin I'll diffently ask him, but beyond that I'll pursue any strong leads, phone numbers, etc... So-ooo if you know, let me know. (..and yes, I tried his website but no luck there either)
Bla's coming out here to SoCal in January/09, but that's still a long way off.
Thanks in advance,
~slkho

wcerto
Ahonui

USA
5052 Posts

Posted - 08/26/2008 :  10:50:33 AM  Show Profile
Perhaps if you send me an e-mail with your e-mail address I could send an e-mail to Bla to see if mebbe they answer you. He likes low profile style. He does not play gigs anymore ('cept Gabby Kanikapila) because he does not have to anymore. He is free to play his music without financial encumbrances and considerations. He wants to play Bla kine not Gabby kine, and seems like many folks expect Gabby kine.

I woulda sent you a private e-mail but. As y hahd.

Me ke aloha
Malama pono,
Wanda

Edited by - wcerto on 08/26/2008 2:16:43 PM
Go to Top of Page

guitarded
Ha`aha`a

USA
1799 Posts

Posted - 08/26/2008 :  2:34:03 PM  Show Profile
Last I heard, Bla was heading towards Honaunau...
Go to Top of Page

wcerto
Ahonui

USA
5052 Posts

Posted - 08/27/2008 :  01:06:31 AM  Show Profile
Nah, nah. He's heading towards retired bliss. Sounds like a plan. I think I shall attempt that as well.

Me ke aloha
Malama pono,
Wanda
Go to Top of Page

guitarded
Ha`aha`a

USA
1799 Posts

Posted - 08/27/2008 :  03:29:17 AM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by wcerto

Nah, nah. He's heading towards retired bliss.
Wanda, do you know what's located at Honaunau?
Go to Top of Page

Baritone
Lokahi

USA
136 Posts

Posted - 08/27/2008 :  04:10:27 AM  Show Profile
Hmmmmm! Thanks, Guava. Honaunau is for "peace making". Mo bettah leave Bla alone???? Wait till Jan 09 wen he 'out in da open', coz he need peace, too.

Uncho Kai
Go to Top of Page

marzullo
`Olu`olu

USA
923 Posts

Posted - 08/27/2008 :  05:42:06 AM  Show Profile  Visit marzullo's Homepage  Send marzullo an AOL message
quote:
Last I heard, Bla was heading towards Honaunau...
woah. i just checked - it was 16 years ago when bla, cyril and martin released their eye opening album.

so much talent...

aloha
keith

Go to Top of Page

wcerto
Ahonui

USA
5052 Posts

Posted - 08/27/2008 :  09:09:23 AM  Show Profile
It is the place of refuge. I think. It is one big heiau. If you made it there if you had broken a kapu, then you could stay there and be safe and not have the punishment for breaking the kapu carried out. I get it now, you were speaking allegorically and I am not sharp enough to understand. E kala mai. But I do not think Bla is coming to Calfiornia. I know that maybe two or so grandsons are coming.

Re that album - lucky my friend Duke let us borrow his film about the Gabby Kanikapila Waimanalo way back 1979, and the making of that wondrous album. It was fun to see the guys with plenny hair, all black hair, no gray, with no wrinkles, etc. But also fun to hear Martiin rocking & bopping when singing Jealous Guy, or Bla do-wopping with Come Go With Me and hearing Cyril do the nice bass, Never, never, never wo-wo-wo-oh. Moreover, hearing Cyril playing He`eia with his father cannot help but touch you. And Gabby playing Hi`ilawe on that video is about as beautiful as I have ever heard Hi`ilawe done. This was Gabby all by himself, alone. No embellishments, just plain and simple and from the heart. That ladies and gentleman was the ultimate. Dukie I'm going to send it back, really I will. We've only watched it maybe 5 times only.

Me ke aloha
Malama pono,
Wanda
Go to Top of Page

wcerto
Ahonui

USA
5052 Posts

Posted - 08/28/2008 :  01:11:57 AM  Show Profile
Official word is that Bla is NOT touring in January.

Me ke aloha
Malama pono,
Wanda
Go to Top of Page

guitarded
Ha`aha`a

USA
1799 Posts

Posted - 08/28/2008 :  04:44:58 AM  Show Profile
Last I heard, Bla was seen heading towards one big kanikapila pa'ina located deep inside Makua Cave in the company of two bolohead bodyguard blahlahs from Kalihi whose identities shall remain amomynous...
Go to Top of Page

wcerto
Ahonui

USA
5052 Posts

Posted - 08/28/2008 :  05:38:28 AM  Show Profile
Could be true, Ed, could be true.

Me ke aloha
Malama pono,
Wanda
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic