Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Talk Story
 David Kamakahi, Jon Yamasato & Darin Leong
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

wcerto
Ahonui

USA
5052 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2008 :  01:04:03 AM  Show Profile
You know me. I am clumsy. Look what I just tripped over on You Tube:

link

When you listen to the NYC Song, you can hear Jon giving a fine howdy-ho to our own dear luna, Andy Wang and a mention of Taro Patch. Andy, you got some talented friends. I think the younger generation will carry the torch.

I am so very impressed by David Kamakahi. Not that the other guys were schleps. That is not what I am saying, but we don't get much of a chance to see David's talents being showcased. He is really quite the good `ukulele player, but even more so, I was greatly impressed by his singing. He has a beautiful voice and uses it well. The three of them just went together so well. They each complimented the others so well.

And how excited I got, when I saw they were doing a song called "Sir Duke". Good thing you guys made me an honorary Podagee, because I got excited that David Kamakahi would write a song about our own "Sir Duke". I thought my heart would burst with pride. Alas, it was not our Duke. But that inspired me. I am gonna write a song about our own Sir Duke and Braddah Jay. Az y.

Me ke aloha
Malama pono,
Wanda

Edited by - wcerto on 09/02/2008 01:04:40 AM

wcerto
Ahonui

USA
5052 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2008 :  01:28:08 AM  Show Profile
OK - here's my Duke & Jay song. I have entitled it "My Duke and Jay Song". OK, I won't quit my day job. Wait, I don't HAVE a day job. No mattah!

There once was a man named Duke
Who played guitar and the uke
His slack key was oh so nice
As was his gandule rice
Duke’s talent is not a fluke.

And how about dear Braddah Jay
Oh da uke he can really play
And he shares all the love
Given to him from above
He’s my Happy Star day after day!

Me ke aloha
Malama pono,
Wanda
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2008 :  09:49:17 AM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
Wanda - you beat me to the punch with your links. I really enjoyed catching David, Jon & Darin on Thursday night. They sounded great. Killer though to be watching from midnight to 2am. I appreciated the shoutout too.

Andy
Go to Top of Page

braddah jay
Lokahi

235 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2008 :  10:24:27 AM  Show Profile
Howzit howzit,HAPPY BIRTHDAY my friend,and may you have many more together.Keep playin and remember we love you guys.Aloha from braddah jay and ohana
Go to Top of Page

rendesvous1840
Ha`aha`a

USA
1055 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2008 :  10:17:21 AM  Show Profile
Aloha, Y'all, Thanks, and all be well.
Paul

"A master banjo player isn't the person who can pick the most notes.It's the person who can touch the most hearts." Patrick Costello
Go to Top of Page

Darin
Lokahi

USA
294 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2008 :  3:40:16 PM  Show Profile  Visit Darin's Homepage
Thanks Wanda,

It was my first time really playing with David. He's a great musician. The trio thing is really fun.

Darin
http://www.hawaiiguitar.com/
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000