Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Hawaiian Slack Key Guitar / Hawaiian Music
 Who's going to these workshops?
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Julie H
Ha`aha`a

USA
1206 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2003 :  03:39:01 AM  Show Profile
Hi all, so I'm curious, who out there is going to George's workshop on Maui in June? My husband Larry and I will be there, and I was hoping to get a few extra days in to meet or kanikapila in Waihe'e. Also hope to have a day to paint some fo the beautiful scenery there on Maui. Anyone going to the slack-key Festival in Kahului that Saturday?

Who's going to Keola Beamer's Aloha Music Camp, Big Island in August? Andy? John? Reid? Sarah? Time to sign up, they still have space. We are going, wouldn't miss that for the world. The best time to play and learn, eat and sing, make new friends... I'm allready trying to figure out which instruments to take. Ha! As if I knew how to play them all.

I just learned how to make an ipu-heke this weekend. Now if I could only take that along, too. But no box big enough.
Aloha, Julie

marzullo
`Olu`olu

USA
923 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2003 :  09:51:35 AM  Show Profile  Visit marzullo's Homepage  Send marzullo an AOL message
hi julie,

i'm not going to george's workshop, but i'll be at keola's camp. i waffled back and forth many times on that one, but i want to do it once and this seems to be as good of a year as any...

aloha, keith

Keith
Go to Top of Page

Reid
Ha`aha`a

Andorra
1526 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2003 :  10:54:19 AM  Show Profile
Aloha kaua e Julie (and, Aloha kakou to everyone else),

Sarah and I *will* be on Maui in June (Yay!), and at the MACC for the Fest. We will be at Waihe`e anytime anybody else tells us to meet there (or Wailuku or the West Side or wherever). We won't be going to George's camp (it will be expensive enough just being there), but we will be staying just down the road, within walking distance.

A hui hou,

Reid

Go to Top of Page

Russell Letson
`Olu`olu

USA
504 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2003 :  11:02:18 AM  Show Profile  Visit Russell Letson's Homepage
Mainland-restricted folk in the right-hand side of the country might consider either George at the Augusta Heritage Center's guitar week (July 6-11) or Patrick Landeza at Swannanoa's equivalent somewhat later. I'm set for Augusta, myself--as much as I'd love to spend a week in the Islands, West Virginia offers easier logistics--and George organizes a lu`au as well.
Go to Top of Page

wdf
Ha`aha`a

USA
1153 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2003 :  11:45:49 AM  Show Profile
No camps for Sheila & me this year. We will, however be taking in the Hanalei Music & Hula Festival in Kaua`i in June.

Dusty
Go to Top of Page

ohanabrown
Lokahi

281 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2003 :  12:51:13 PM  Show Profile
Aloha Julie

I'll finally get to meet you and Larry.
See you at Georges work shop.

The jam sessions in Waihee starts around 10:00am and gets through anywhere between 4-6pm
Yup the jamming can go on forever.

And then the slack key festival starts on Sunday at the Mac. Center. I think from 1-5

See you on Maui, So Reid, Is Sarah ready for the Big Show? Looking forward to seeing the both of you too. God Bless!

a hui hou! malama pono,
Kevin

Kevin K. Brown
Go to Top of Page

islandboo
Lokahi

USA
237 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2003 :  5:11:59 PM  Show Profile
Aloha, Julie!

I will be at Aloha Music Camp in August (hooray!)

I would love to be able to do both AMC and George's workshop, but I just can't afford either the cost or the time away from work and family that doing both would entail.

August can't come soon enough - the thought of warm Puna nights filled with sweet ki ho`alu and even sweeter aloha is pretty much all that sustained me through our horrible, cold, extra-snowy Indiana winter.

A hui hou,

Debbie
Go to Top of Page

cmdrpiffle
`Olu`olu

USA
553 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2003 :  7:14:25 PM  Show Profile
Debbie,

Omygawd! So long not hearing from you. You need to move to the left coast....its about 70+ in Santa Cruz today!

Snow is bad. Bad snow. Bad.

All better now.

Mike

my Poodle is smarter than your honor student
Go to Top of Page

cpatch
Ahonui

USA
2187 Posts

Posted - 03/27/2003 :  12:52:38 AM  Show Profile  Visit cpatch's Homepage  Send cpatch an AOL message
I had planned on going to George's workshop but will not be able to due to family conflicts. Speaking of which, however, I still have a room reserved at the hotel (ocean view). If anyone here wants it, let me know and we can coordinate it with the hotel to shift it over to you. Otherwise I'm just going to cancel the reservation.

Craig
My goal is to be able to play as well as people think I can.
Go to Top of Page

Julie H
Ha`aha`a

USA
1206 Posts

Posted - 03/27/2003 :  01:06:57 AM  Show Profile
Hey Mike! Snow is good! Good snow. Especially when it is flaking around Lake Tahoe. I just went skiing two weeks ago in perfect white powder snow! Wow, it was soooooo good. Just a little white powder puff covering on the slopes. That's really the only good thing in winter. Ski time.... down those little black diamond runs. Yahooo! Oh, sorry. Back to the subject at hand. Puna, ah yes. Are you going? Debbie, great to hear you'll be there. I miss everybody.
Let's play under the stars. Aloha, Julie
Go to Top of Page

Julie H
Ha`aha`a

USA
1206 Posts

Posted - 03/27/2003 :  01:11:07 AM  Show Profile
Reid and Sarah, if you will be within walking distance of George's camp, let's plan on getting together at least one night for dinner or something. I'd love for my husband to meet you. I still have fond images of that first night at Aloha Music Camp and you two with your bottle of wine. I knew right then I was in the right Hale!
Love, Julie
Go to Top of Page

jlsulle
Lokahi

USA
284 Posts

Posted - 03/27/2003 :  01:15:04 AM  Show Profile  Send jlsulle a Yahoo! Message
Hi Julie,
Diana and I will be going to George's workshop and to the Aloha camp this year. Looking forward to June and August.
Aloha, Jerry and Diana
Go to Top of Page

slackkey
Lokahi

USA
280 Posts

Posted - 03/27/2003 :  02:49:46 AM  Show Profile
Aloha All You Slackers!

For those of you that will at George's Workshop here on the "Valley Isle Of Maui, I am very excited to see, and meet all of you! Especially you Julie! No, I won't be at the Workshop, but I will deffinitely be in Waihe'e before 10:00!....I like to cruise in the early morning on my way down there from Paia. And Like "Bruddah" Kevin said....it can go on forever!

I'll be looking for all of you at the MACC! "Reid and Sarah! What time you guys are gonna be there?" This is exciting! ha! ha! ha! A Hui Hou!

Bill (Slackkey)
Go to Top of Page

catheglass
Lokahi

USA
312 Posts

Posted - 03/28/2003 :  02:01:43 AM  Show Profile
Aloha kakou.
Am keeping my fingers crossed that I can manage to be at the Aloha Music Camp this summer, can't manage to do both camps due to obligations in the studio, but look forward ( if I make it, whew!) to seeing everybody in Puna in August. Next year I'll try for the Maui Camp.
Although I dunno about the wisdom of starting to learn to play ki ho'alu at the age of 60......ah well.
Thinkin' the othah Sit-Down-Auntie will try and be there, too.
me ke aloha, Cathe

cathe
Go to Top of Page

Mainkaukau
Lokahi

USA
245 Posts

Posted - 03/28/2003 :  02:47:59 AM  Show Profile  Visit Mainkaukau's Homepage
Maui no ka oe! Just sent my check out today. I feel like a kid going to Disneyland to meet all the characters. I'm sure the workshops will be excitingly groovy but I just want to meet all you music makers, relax a little and have some fun. Where is this place called "Waihee"?
Go to Top of Page

ohanabrown
Lokahi

281 Posts

Posted - 03/28/2003 :  2:19:53 PM  Show Profile
Aloha "Bruddah" Eric

What part of the islands you live?
Your slack key sounded great!

Waihee is a little town just outside of Wailuku.
Population 3 plus the dog. haa,haa,(joke.)

I'll see you at Georges camp and give you more info on how to get there.

You'll love Waihee, soon as you get there
You can feel the "Mana". It's on a church ground
that was built during the Monarchy.

Aloha a hui hou!
Kevin

Kevin K. Brown
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: