Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Hawaiian Slack Key Guitar / Hawaiian Music
 Who's going to these workshops?
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Mainkaukau
Lokahi

USA
245 Posts

Posted - 03/28/2003 :  4:11:51 PM  Show Profile  Visit Mainkaukau's Homepage
Aloha Kevin, I live in Nuuanu Valley up the Pali Highway on the Island of Oahu. Thanks for compliment. I hope to inspire others like those who inspire me. What days do the "Jam" Sessions happen? I plan to fly in early Thursday and drive over to Waihee before I go exploring my way out to the Mauian. According to my map the Mauian is located on the otherside of the island. I need to go review the "Best places to eat on Maui" forum. Where can you buy the best poi, poke or maybe an opihi or 2?

Laters,
eric
Go to Top of Page

Lawrence
Ha`aha`a

USA
1597 Posts

Posted - 03/29/2003 :  6:57:16 PM  Show Profile
Julie, et al.

Cynthia and I have booked and paid for June , we still do not know whether we will be able to make AMC in August .

Mahope Kākou...
...El Lorenzo de Ondas Sonoras
Go to Top of Page

Popoki
Akahai

USA
88 Posts

Posted - 03/30/2003 :  11:44:35 AM  Show Profile
Aloha Kakou,
Glad to hear so many of you will be on Maui in June! David and I will be at the Ki Ho 'Alu Festival on Sunday at the MACC. We will also try and make a few of the Waihee Kanikapila sessions that month - it is such a wonderful time shared and I always feel so happy and mellow after spending time in Waihee with Kevin, Bill, and who ever else shows up.

We are definitely planning on going to the Aloha Music Camp in August and look forward to seeing everyone there and celebrating Auntie Nona's 80th birthday!

Maluhia (peace)
A hui hou, >^..^<
Go to Top of Page

Julie H
Ha`aha`a

USA
1206 Posts

Posted - 03/31/2003 :  12:14:08 AM  Show Profile
Oh, that's so great, I get to see some old friends again! As for the Waihe'e kani ka pilas, when do they ususally occur? Trying to get my flight schedules lined up. If they occur on Sundays I might be able to catch the one before George's workshop, or maybe right after. Saturdays would be a little trickier...
Aloha, Julie
Go to Top of Page

ohanabrown
Lokahi

281 Posts

Posted - 03/31/2003 :  1:20:17 PM  Show Profile
Aloha Julie

It's on Saturdays from 10am till around
4 or 5:00pm. Somtimes it goes till you can't see the frets of your guitar, Ask Bill.

See you on Maui.

Aloha,Kevin

Kevin K. Brown
Go to Top of Page

konavet
Aloha

USA
21 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2003 :  12:05:36 AM  Show Profile
Don't know why I didn't think of this sooner, but are any of you going to the Aloha camp on the Big Island doing any additional touring of the island? If you're coming to the Kona side it might be fun to get together with some people and have a potluck/jam down at Honaunau. Leilehua Yuen, who is doing the arts and crafts at the camp knows the place well (ask her about the Leilehua Serenaders). By the way she is a talented hula dancer and instructor, and a darn good musician as well. Anyway, if there's any interest, let me know. Hopefully my broken finger (index, left) will have healed by then and I'll have some chops back. I'm sure KonaBob, who runs the Konaweb site(also a musician- Hawaiian steel and bass) would be interested. I tend to be more of a hermit down here in south Kona, but Bob's good at getting out the word for social stuffs. Aloha

Dr. Pat
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2003 :  12:17:02 AM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
Great idea Dr. Pat! Unfortunately, I won't be making it to Puna this year. Hate to miss it too. Auntie Nona's 80th birthday is sure to make it even more special!

My wife and I will try going to Maui in June for the slack key festival, George Kahumoku's camp and the Waihee jam. Looking forward to seeing old friends, meeting new ones, and putting some faces to the people around here.

Andy
Go to Top of Page

catheglass
Lokahi

USA
312 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2003 :  02:28:10 AM  Show Profile
Count me in, Dr. Pat. Where in Honaunau? Da beach? Yessssss.
Can hardly wait.

cathe
Go to Top of Page

konavet
Aloha

USA
21 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2003 :  03:07:00 AM  Show Profile
Aloha.Definitely the beach at Pu'uhonua, if there's enough interest. Weekends are best, because the park doesn't close til midnight. It's especially nice since the park doesn't allow any amplified music, so only live accoustic music is allowed. If we can come up with a date that works for some of you, I'll see if I can make it happen.Aloha

Dr. Pat
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2003 :  08:15:45 AM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message

Here's a photo from Pu`uhonua o Honaunau that I took a couple years ago. It's a special place. Read more here.

Andy
Go to Top of Page

Reid
Ha`aha`a

Andorra
1526 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2003 :  09:50:39 AM  Show Profile
Also, just on the north side of the inlet at Pu`uhonua o Honaunau , there is the best snorkeling on the island. The flat lava flow site is called "Two Step" because there are two steps carved into the lava at the very edge of the water - so, very easy entry and exit. The vis there is outstanding because there is never any water runoff and the lava blocks silt from entering even in rough water (but it is rarely rough). *Lots* of our favorite fishy friends who are protected, including the rare short-nosed (and brown)forceps fish. We saw the buggah the instant we hit the water. Also, one beach down, at Ho`okena, Sarah and I snorkeled with a vast number of Spinner Dolphins (I lost count at 75). Babies suckling, adults jumping and mating - all kinda things goin' on under water there. Also, no manö :-)

...Reid

...Reid
Go to Top of Page

Mainkaukau
Lokahi

USA
245 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2003 :  10:46:10 AM  Show Profile  Visit Mainkaukau's Homepage
Very good pic of the tikis at the "City of Refuge". They look like some people I know. Kinda reminded of me of breakfest time at my work place. Probibly because of all the big open mouths. Mahalo and aloha!
Go to Top of Page

Lawrence
Ha`aha`a

USA
1597 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2003 :  2:05:00 PM  Show Profile
Yes- I agree, Honaunau is a great place to snorkel or dive. Not far away, of course, is Kealakekua where I left some car keys on the bottom about half-way across, (when I did not have any Scuba gear), on a Sunday, when the locksmiths were closed, but that is another story. Richard's Grass Shack Recording studio is there too.

Mahope Kākou...
...El Lorenzo de Ondas Sonoras
Go to Top of Page

Julie H
Ha`aha`a

USA
1206 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2003 :  4:08:47 PM  Show Profile
Say, Dr. Pat, what a great idea! It's so difficult to pack up and return to this madness right after Aloha Music Camp. Getting together in Kona would be a less traumatic way to wean ourselves from all that aloha...

Will you also be attending camp, by the way? Yes, Leilehua is a wonderful person and very hospitable hostess, we were fortunate to spend a night at her house in Hilo after the last camp. We look forward to seeing her again and visiting with our AMC ohana. If you can come up with a good date and place for Kona, let us know.

Starting to pack for tropical climes. At this moment it is raining here in the Santa Cruz Mountains. Maybe snow later on this week! Now where is that swimsuit? Julie
Go to Top of Page

konavet
Aloha

USA
21 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2003 :  9:11:57 PM  Show Profile
I won't be attending camp, but maybe next year. Too many irons in the fire right now. What are the dates of the Aloha camp? Probably best to do it after, while you're all still glowing. During the week would be OK too, but it's a little tougher for us working stiffs, and the park closes at 8PM on weeknights.
Plenty of time to figure it out. Should be fun. Aloha

Dr. Pat
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000