Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Performance/Event Announcements & Reviews
 Annual Hawai`i Slack Key Concerts
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Auntie Maria
Ha`aha`a

USA
1918 Posts

Posted - 03/30/2003 :  5:17:55 PM  Show Profile
Dates have been announced for this year's annual (former Bankoh) Slack Key Festivals which tour the islands -- free admission, as always:

Sunday, June 22 -- Maui (Maui Cultural Center)
Sunday, August 17 -- O`ahu (Kapi`olani Park)
Sunday, August 30 -- Hawai`i (Hilton Waikoloa Hotel, Kona)
Sunday, November 30 -- Kaua`i (Marriott Hotel, Kalapaki Bay)

-- auntie maria

Auntie Maria
===================
My "Aloha Kaua`i" radio show streams FREE online every Thu & Fri 7-9am (HST)
www.kkcr.org - Kaua`i Community Radio
"Like" Aloha Kauai on Facebook, for playlists and news/info about island music and musicians!

Julie H
Ha`aha`a

USA
1206 Posts

Posted - 03/31/2003 :  12:09:29 AM  Show Profile
Thanks for the heads up, Auntie Maria. We plan on catching the one in Waikiki right after the Beamer's Aloha Music Camp. Do you have any idea who will be playing at that one? And thanks a bunch for your concert calendar, I check it at least once a week. Cheers! Julie
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 03/31/2003 :  12:18:09 AM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
I don't think the performers have been announced yet. Keep an eye on http://www.hawaiianslackkeyguitarfestivals.com. Click on Gabby to enter the site.

So which festival will I see you at Julie? That is the question. Two years ago, the Waikiki festival was a blast, wasn't it?

Andy
Go to Top of Page

Julie H
Ha`aha`a

USA
1206 Posts

Posted - 03/31/2003 :  12:34:01 AM  Show Profile
Well, Andy, thanks to you, your lovely wife and her hospitable family, I had such a good time at Kapiolani Park, that I will try to take my husband there next August. As for the Festival on Maui, George drags all his workshop students up on stage and it is quite the highlight of the week. Larry and I got up there too! Imagine us on stage! We could play all of 5 chords. Luckily I'm not shy, and it was lots of fun. So this year, I'll be at both. See you there? Aloha, Julie
Go to Top of Page

Auntie Maria
Ha`aha`a

USA
1918 Posts

Posted - 03/31/2003 :  1:32:54 PM  Show Profile
Milton Lau (the one who produces the shows) kinda gathers up most of the performers as the date draws close -- always including musicians from that particular island, too (a very nice touch!).

Some attendees have been surprised by seeing non-slack key musicians on stage at these events (i.e., Makaha Sons, etc.). Regardless, these
events are always fun...and free!

-- auntie maria

Auntie Maria
===================
"Like" Aloha Kauai on Facebook, for playlists and news/info about island music and musicians!

Go to Top of Page

Auntie Maria
Ha`aha`a

USA
1918 Posts

Posted - 03/31/2003 :  1:35:39 PM  Show Profile
And I forgot to mention...

Last year's concerts included a raffled giveaway -- gorgeous guitar (sorry, can't remember name of Hawai`i luthier!).

Dunno if that'll happen again this year, but one can always hope.

-- auntie maria

Auntie Maria
===================

Go to Top of Page

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 03/31/2003 :  2:00:07 PM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
That would be Taylor. I hear Taylor clinician Doyle Dykes will return to this year's slack key guitar festivals. Last year was the first year that Taylor donated a koa guitar to raffle off at the festival and it must have gone well enough to do again.

Andy
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000