Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Performance/Event Announcements & Reviews
 Led and Ozzie in Tacoma, WA
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Bruddah Chrispy
Lokahi

USA
164 Posts

Posted - 03/31/2003 :  2:07:04 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bruddah Chrispy's Homepage
Aloha kakou,

I've been away awhile, so I don't know if this has been mentioned or not, but Ozzie and Led will be at the Rialto Theater in Tacoma, WA on April 12!

(Don't have a link handy, but you can get there via Auntie Maria's website: http://www.mele.com)

Hootah!

Aloha a hui hou,
Chris P.

There's no regrets; only good times.

Edited by - Bruddah Chrispy on 03/31/2003 2:07:35 PM

Bruddah Chrispy
Lokahi

USA
164 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2003 :  6:16:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bruddah Chrispy's Homepage
Just to follow up on this show...

It was great! Ozzie opened the show. He spoke about what an honor it was to be performing with Led. And how when he was asked to join the tour his immediate response was "Sure! Hey, free lessons, yeah?" He's a great entertainer and a wonderful guitarist. He played a number of selections, and at times I had the impression that he didn't have a set list and was deciding what to play while he sat there. He played one song, which he hasn't recorded and which he wrote as a piece for his students. It is called, I believe, Paka`ua. It translates to rain, so I'll have to look it up in my P&E sometime. It was wonderful, and appeared very approachable. I think I could play it if I heard it a few more times. I'm going to email Ozzie and see if I can get the tabs (or get him to play it for me a few times ;-) ).

After a brief intermission, Led came out and was, well, Led. How else do you describe it? I've seen him perform about a dozen times and he never ceases to amaze me.

Ozzie joined Led for a few impromptu numbers at the end and announced that it was his birthday! (Ozzie's that is). The two of them play very well together and you could tell that they were just having a blast riffing off each other. True kani ka pila!

Wanted to talk to Oz after the show, but my son was very tired and had been starting to doze off near the end.

All in all, a great show!

Aloha a hui hou,
Chris P.

There's no regrets; only good times.
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2003 :  10:07:40 PM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
Bruddah Chrispy,

Thanks for the follow up. I've been wondering what the show was like. To no surprise, it was a night of great music and awesome guitar playing. Thanks for posting your impressions.

Andy
Go to Top of Page

jlsulle
Lokahi

USA
284 Posts

Posted - 04/17/2003 :  12:43:51 AM  Show Profile  Send jlsulle a Yahoo! Message
Bruddah Crispy,
Led and Ozzie put on another great show on Sunday the 13th at Luther Burbank center in Santa Rosa CA. Basically the same format as the show you attended. I never get tired of seeing these guys. In regards to "Paka Ua" it is a song that Ozzie has taught in his workshops and he has the tab as a handout. I am sure he would be willing to share a copy with you. Sulle'
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000