Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Talk Story
 Duke gets one new grandbaby
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

wcerto
Ahonui

USA
5052 Posts

Posted - 10/19/2008 :  3:38:27 PM  Show Profile
Congratulations to dear Duke. He became a grandpa again today as daughter Erwina gave birth to Ethan-Storm. He weighed in at 5 lb. 14 oz. and 21" long. He decided to join us almost a month early and needs his little lungs to be a bit more mature. I am sure the nursery will take good care of him, but please, a prayer or good thoughts for the new baby will make double sure he uses his long fingers in the future to learn kiho`alu from Grandpa. Ethan joins Duke's three other grandbabies, Chago, J.J. and Cheyenne. I am sure they will give lots of love to their new cousin.

Me ke aloha
Malama pono,
Wanda

javeiro
Lokahi

USA
459 Posts

Posted - 10/19/2008 :  5:51:50 PM  Show Profile
Hey, congratulations to Duke and the family! We'll be saying extra prayers for both Erwina and baby Ethan-Storm! We just welcomed a new grandchild too, Melia, on July 2nd.

Aloha,
John A.
Go to Top of Page

RWD
`Olu`olu

USA
850 Posts

Posted - 10/20/2008 :  01:46:56 AM  Show Profile
Congradulations Bruddah Duke!

Bob
Go to Top of Page

PoiDog
Lokahi

245 Posts

Posted - 10/20/2008 :  07:36:42 AM  Show Profile
Braddah Duke! Eh...Congratulations to you and your `ohana!

Aloha,
da Poi Dog
Go to Top of Page

javeiro
Lokahi

USA
459 Posts

Posted - 10/20/2008 :  11:27:09 AM  Show Profile
Mahalo Braddah Duke. What you say about boys is generally true but my 14 year old (15 in January) grandson is still not ashamed to give hugs or be hugged by his grandma and grandpa in public even with his friends around..........I keep wondering when that is going to change! But I think the key is to hug them every chance you get so they get used to it! I'm happy to hear that Ethan is breathing on his own and will continue to pray for his good health.

Aloha,
John A.
Go to Top of Page

thumbstruck
Ahonui

USA
2165 Posts

Posted - 10/20/2008 :  2:11:41 PM  Show Profile
Eh, Duke! Congrats! No fo'get dat da mo'opuna can learn more dan one instrument. Steel might be nice, also. Have a safe trip to Vegas.
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 10/20/2008 :  5:19:37 PM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
Very exciting. Congrats!

Andy
Go to Top of Page

Bruddah Cy
Aloha

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 10/20/2008 :  7:39:28 PM  Show Profile
Congrats to Duke, from the Irvine family.
Go to Top of Page

cpatch
Ahonui

USA
2187 Posts

Posted - 10/21/2008 :  06:54:51 AM  Show Profile  Visit cpatch's Homepage  Send cpatch an AOL message
Congratulations Duke!

Craig
My goal is to be able to play as well as people think I can.
Go to Top of Page

hawaiianmusiclover06
`Olu`olu

USA
562 Posts

Posted - 10/22/2008 :  12:05:19 AM  Show Profile  Visit hawaiianmusiclover06's Homepage  Send hawaiianmusiclover06 an AOL message  Click to see hawaiianmusiclover06's MSN Messenger address  Send hawaiianmusiclover06 a Yahoo! Message
Braddah Duke! Congratulations to you and your 'ohana!

Alana :)

Aloha Kakou, maluhia a me aloha mau loa (Hello everyone, peace and love forever)
Go to Top of Page

braddah jay
Lokahi

235 Posts

Posted - 10/23/2008 :  10:13:07 PM  Show Profile
I da lucky one,livin so close I get to hold and smell da newborn baby,and watch dem grow into little personalities,crack me up.And wen dey make mess,here irwina uncle tired I pau carry.But congrat's to my hanai family,and may more blessing keep comin.

Edited by - braddah jay on 10/23/2008 10:15:13 PM
Go to Top of Page

PearlCityBoy
Lokahi

USA
432 Posts

Posted - 10/24/2008 :  08:10:36 AM  Show Profile
Braddah Duke,

Congratulations! You still need a steel guitar player, some percussion, and you can never have too many slack key guitarists (in different tunings of course!) --Brah, the Domingo 'Ohana Band just starting. Eh, I like sit in bum-bye!

Aloha,

Doug

Edited by - PearlCityBoy on 10/24/2008 08:12:08 AM
Go to Top of Page

wcerto
Ahonui

USA
5052 Posts

Posted - 10/31/2008 :  10:31:24 PM  Show Profile
Here is the new guy, Baby Ethan-Storm, two weeks old tomorrow!

I know they say when babies this young smile, that it is just gas, but who is his grandpa after all?

And here are his cousins, too:

Me ke aloha
Malama pono,
Wanda

Edited by - wcerto on 11/01/2008 12:41:11 PM
Go to Top of Page

rendesvous1840
Ha`aha`a

USA
1055 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2008 :  6:20:29 PM  Show Profile
I don't believe that gas nonsense. When little babies laugh, the whole world brightens up. If I could sing what baby laughter sounds like, I might not even try to sing words.
Paul

"A master banjo player isn't the person who can pick the most notes.It's the person who can touch the most hearts." Patrick Costello
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000