Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Hawaiian Slack Key Guitar / Hawaiian Music
 The Peter Moon Band Myspace
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

P.M. JR.
Akahai

USA
50 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2008 :  9:50:27 PM  Show Profile
Was Super Bored. There was already a Peter Moon Band myspace but has been abandoned for over a year (don't know who made that one) so I made this one. Check 'em out.

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=426574177&MyToken=628a43ee-c0dd-4500-b62f-76aae6c0189b

Peter W.K. Moon

wcerto
Ahonui

USA
5052 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2008 :  01:18:48 AM  Show Profile
Very nice! It is nice to hear the music and to see the vids once again. I am sure those who enjoyed the music will find it brings back fond memories. And perhaps a whole new generation may discover this musick as well. Ain't modern technology swell?

Please let us know how your father is doing. Certainly our best wishes for strength go to him as well as our aloha. And to you, too.

Me ke aloha
Malama pono,
Wanda
Go to Top of Page

markwitz
`Olu`olu

USA
841 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2008 :  05:42:18 AM  Show Profile
Peter, thank you so much for doing this. I had not seen the clip of your father playing "Maori Brown Eyes" before. What a rare treat. I hope that there may be other clips that will surface from time to time.

I know that I am stating the obvious by saying this, but, your father is one of the true heroes and pillars of Hawaiian music. His amazing musical ability, being part of the "Hawaiian Renaissance, his relationships with the Pahinui 'ohana, the formation of the Sunday Manoa and the Peter Moon Band over the years, is a legacy that is hard to match. All lovers of Hawaiian music owe your father a great debt.

I think of you father often, and all my best thoughts and Aloha go out to him. I am also thrilled that you have become an active member here. We all look forward in your further participation and your own development musically.

"The music of the Hawaiians, the most fascinating in the world, is still in my ears and
haunts me sleeping and waking."
Mark Twain
Go to Top of Page

chunky monkey
Ha`aha`a

USA
1019 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2008 :  07:41:43 AM  Show Profile
Peter,
This is great stuff. These old videos of the "all the guys" are historical treasures. Make sure they're kept securly. Thanks for the efforts
Go to Top of Page

wcerto
Ahonui

USA
5052 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2008 :  10:54:38 AM  Show Profile
Several of those videos were originally posted to You Tube by one of our other `ohana members as a tribute to the music and the people who made the music, and as historical documentation. It is wonderful that those who have access to treasures such as these share them with we who value them as well.

Me ke aloha
Malama pono,
Wanda
Go to Top of Page

alika207
Ha`aha`a

USA
1260 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2008 :  3:37:08 PM  Show Profile  Visit alika207's Homepage  Send alika207 an AOL message  Click to see alika207's MSN Messenger address  Send alika207 a Yahoo! Message
Just added you.

He kehau ho'oma'ema'e ke aloha.

'Alika / Polinahe
Go to Top of Page

hawaiianmusiclover06
`Olu`olu

USA
562 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2008 :  12:59:17 AM  Show Profile  Visit hawaiianmusiclover06's Homepage  Send hawaiianmusiclover06 an AOL message  Click to see hawaiianmusiclover06's MSN Messenger address  Send hawaiianmusiclover06 a Yahoo! Message
Mahalo nui for adding me as a friend. Cool videos!

Alana :)

Aloha Kakou, maluhia a me aloha mau loa (Hello everyone, peace and love forever)
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2008 :  07:15:20 AM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
Hi Peter,

I enjoyed the videos too. It's a treat to see the videos of your Dad performing. Hope that there will be more videos posted over time. Beyond that, it is great to see your Dad's style reflected in your own playing. Thanks for dropping in at Taropatch.net.

Andy
Go to Top of Page

Honopo
Aloha

USA
21 Posts

Posted - 11/08/2008 :  06:47:10 AM  Show Profile
love the videos! Hope to see more in the future!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000