Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Hawaiian Slack Key Guitar / Hawaiian Music
 The Abrigo Ohana
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

abrigoohana
Lokahi

271 Posts

Posted - 11/15/2008 :  10:17:15 PM  Show Profile  Visit abrigoohana's Homepage
Dusty,

What a great picture! Thank you for sharing it. You know, the kids looked so little on that big stage, I forgot about that until I looked at the picture just now.

Mahalo, the Abrigo Ohana
Go to Top of Page

skeahib
Aloha

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 11/17/2008 :  6:35:06 PM  Show Profile
Aloha Lanet! So you & your family finally made the big move to O`ahu!! Whoa, we'll surely miss the 3 Abrigos and their fabulous kihoalu music and singing here on Maui! Timi is an excellent slack key guitarist and it won't be long when we here on Maui will get to see the trio on stage. . . not as the warm up act, but as the Star performers they are. I hope they will still remember me. . . I'm the one that will be trying to get a front row seat!!! Please extend my Aloha to your `Ohana, your hubby, Timi, Emi & Quintin.

Aloha no a hui hou,
Uncle Sheldon (Brown Ohana)
Go to Top of Page

abrigoohana
Lokahi

271 Posts

Posted - 11/18/2008 :  09:40:48 AM  Show Profile  Visit abrigoohana's Homepage
Aloha Uncle Sheldon,

Oh, it is so fabulous to hear from you! Thank you so much for all your support and kind words of encouragement. The children will be so happy to hear what you said. Please give your ohana our aloha.

A Hui Hou, Lanet and the Abrigo Ohana
Go to Top of Page

abrigoohana
Lokahi

271 Posts

Posted - 11/18/2008 :  09:50:56 AM  Show Profile  Visit abrigoohana's Homepage
Aloha Everyone,

Just wanted to post a reminder here about the kanikapila this Saturday, November 22, at Higher Ground Cafe in Wahiawa. We'll be there from 2 to 4 p.m. Please invite your friends and family to join us, it's open to all ages and levels.

Mahalo, Lanet and the Abrigo Ohana
Go to Top of Page

markwitz
`Olu`olu

USA
841 Posts

Posted - 11/19/2008 :  11:06:45 AM  Show Profile

I took these photos of Quinn Abrigo being serenaded by Eddie Kamae singing "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star" at Honey's Sunday Nov. 9th., during our recent trip to O'ahu. I will be forced to send Lanet a bill to have my camera fixed. It seems that after I took these photos, the cuteness meter on my camera broke. I'm having the darnedest time finding anyone who can fix it.

"The music of the Hawaiians, the most fascinating in the world, is still in my ears and
haunts me sleeping and waking."
Mark Twain
Go to Top of Page

abrigoohana
Lokahi

271 Posts

Posted - 11/19/2008 :  11:56:14 AM  Show Profile  Visit abrigoohana's Homepage
Oh, thank you so much for posting these pictures! What a beautiful memory to have in pixels. Sorry to hear about your camera though. Are you home safe and sound? Sure was nice meeting you and your wife.

Much Aloha, the Abrigo Ohana
Go to Top of Page

markwitz
`Olu`olu

USA
841 Posts

Posted - 11/19/2008 :  1:04:02 PM  Show Profile
Aloha, Lanet. I thought you might get a kick out of seeing them. Give the kids a hug and a kiss from us. Yes, we got home late Sunday night safe and sound but of course sad to be away from O'ahu. Denise and I were so impressed with how truly talented your children are, and hope that they continue to enjoy entertaining people. So much talent at such an early age is really something!! Don't worry about having my camera fixed. When I downloaded the photos to my computer it went back to normal. But now my computer is acting weird....go figure.

Norman and Denise

"The music of the Hawaiians, the most fascinating in the world, is still in my ears and
Mark Twain
Go to Top of Page

wcerto
Ahonui

USA
5052 Posts

Posted - 11/19/2008 :  1:28:05 PM  Show Profile
Quinn indeed had an honor.

Great pics, Norman.

Wow, Anakala Eddie's `ukulele looks huge, almost like a guitar. Nice to see Paul Kim, too. He sings so nice. I love Wailele o Nu`uanu. And he sure plays great steel guitar. Reminds me of Feet Rogers so very much.

And I see Martin's picture on the wall behind. I've got pictures of Martin and Bla's pictures from the wall at Honey's.

Me ke aloha
Malama pono,
Wanda

Edited by - wcerto on 11/19/2008 1:29:17 PM
Go to Top of Page

markwitz
`Olu`olu

USA
841 Posts

Posted - 11/19/2008 :  1:49:27 PM  Show Profile
Wanda, you are so right. Eddie's 'ukulele WAS huge. I was amazed because the times that I've seen him before, the one he had looked like a normal size. Eddie was in great spirits and was really forceful in both his singing and his 'ukulele playing. He really charged up the group when he sat in for some songs.

Speaking of Feet Rogers, I had the great honor to spend some time with Ronald Kanahele, Feet's cousin. I will always treasure the time I spent with Uncle Ronald. He played "Kanaka Waiwai" for me as I sat outside his house. It was beyond chicken skin.

Mark Twain
Go to Top of Page

abrigoohana
Lokahi

271 Posts

Posted - 11/19/2008 :  9:00:34 PM  Show Profile  Visit abrigoohana's Homepage
Eddie Kamae is playing a tenor guitar. You're right, it kind of looks like a huge ukulele. Timi says it's tuned like a baritone ukulele which is the same as the bottom four strings of a guitar. It's a beautiful instrument, and I think Uncle Eddie makes it sound so beautiful.

Aloha, Lanet and the Abrigo Ohana
Go to Top of Page

Doug Fitch
Akahai

USA
80 Posts

Posted - 11/20/2008 :  12:51:14 AM  Show Profile  Visit Doug Fitch's Homepage
Hi Lanet! Great you're here on Taropatch! I've been lucky to watch the keiki doin' their groove thang and its beautiful to see and hear. I love to see the kiddies making music together. This is such a wonderful experience and reminds me so much of my brother and sister and me. We grew up playing music together all the time. These are some of my fondest memories ever and we still do it whenever we can! You have much to be proud of and the kids are fortunate to be given a great direction by supportive, loving parents.

Welcome to O'ahu! If you need anything just ask, I'll do what I can. See you 11/28 at Higher Ground (Wahiawa)?
Aloha kakou, Doug

Doug Fitch
fitchdoug @ yahoo.com
www.dougfitchmusic.com
http://youtube.com/user/dougfitchmusic
Go to Top of Page

abrigoohana
Lokahi

271 Posts

Posted - 11/21/2008 :  09:36:18 AM  Show Profile  Visit abrigoohana's Homepage
Aloha Doug,

Thank you for the kind welcome! We'll definitely be there to hear you play at Higher Ground on the 28th. Did your uke turn up yet? I'm still trying to spread the word. Hope it surfaces soon. Would love to see you tomorrow if you can squeeze it in. We'll be at Higher Ground Cafe from 2 to 4 p.m. for the kanikapila. Sounds like it'll be a rainy day, perfect for a nice hot cup of coffee (or cocoa) and some beautiful music!

A Hui Hou, Lanet and the Abrigo Ohana
Go to Top of Page

wcerto
Ahonui

USA
5052 Posts

Posted - 11/21/2008 :  2:10:23 PM  Show Profile
Dem two bolo heads bettah show up. You guyz gonna have choke fun. While we have the lake effect snow warning and about 6 inches of snow.

And, yeah, what Braddah Ed said. Get the videos done in time for me to post them on Sunday morning. Please? Pretty please, let us see what's going on. You know, so we can maybe pretend we were there. I'll driink a mug of kope during the right time frame to send my good thoughts your way.

Me ke aloha
Malama pono,
Wanda
Go to Top of Page

abrigoohana
Lokahi

271 Posts

Posted - 11/22/2008 :  10:35:25 AM  Show Profile  Visit abrigoohana's Homepage
What a wonderful idea to have someone video the event! I have a video camera, but I've still got a lot to learn with how to operate the darn thing. I'll try to dig it out today and have my husband give me another crash course. No promises, but I'll do my best!

Mahalo, Lanet
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.14 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000