Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Talk Story
 Get off your computer...
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

noeau
Ha`aha`a

USA
1105 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2008 :  10:23:45 AM  Show Profile
Eh horse get steering wheel or wot? How drive one horse any way. I tot you drive cattle and ride horse.But I don know, das Delaware so anyting goes eh!

No'eau, eia au he mea pa'ani wale nō.
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2008 :  10:33:44 AM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
Voting in the 'burbs seems easier than in the cities. My friends in NYC went early yesterday morning and stood in line for an hour and a half or more. I am in and out in 5-10 minutes.

Andy
Go to Top of Page

NANI
Lokahi

USA
292 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2008 :  04:18:39 AM  Show Profile  Visit NANI's Homepage
horse they really smart you sit in buggy behind them with little tiny straps of leather to guide them with, then ask real nice for them go. cluck nice and softly cause in a parade you just want them to walk on no fancy stuff PLEASE!!!! My baby was a Big ol Percheron who thought parades were great causes she got to walk all the time no have to trot. My Daughter always had to drive the donkey cart and the donkey had to trot a lot little tiny legs gotta keep up. Now I sit here at a desk and remember life on the farm. Somedays I really miss it.

"A hui hou kakou, malama pono".
Nancy
Go to Top of Page

slipry1
Ha`aha`a

USA
1511 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2008 :  07:36:11 AM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by NANI

horse they really smart you sit in buggy behind them with little tiny straps of leather to guide them with, then ask real nice for them go. cluck nice and softly cause in a parade you just want them to walk on no fancy stuff PLEASE!!!! My baby was a Big ol Percheron who thought parades were great causes she got to walk all the time no have to trot. My Daughter always had to drive the donkey cart and the donkey had to trot a lot little tiny legs gotta keep up. Now I sit here at a desk and remember life on the farm. Somedays I really miss it.

My kane tutu Smith farmed 300 acres north of Peoria, Ill. To the last day, he always plowed with horses because, on rolling land, they'll always keep on the level, and they pull straight ahead on level ground - better than a tractor (unless you're plowing a 300 acre plot like the agribusiness' do). He had a Belgian and a Percheron. I loved the Percheron - big horse, but very gentle.

keaka
Go to Top of Page

wcerto
Ahonui

USA
5052 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2008 :  08:59:15 AM  Show Profile
My grandpa plowed with mules. He used a two mule team. Anyone I knew in W. Va. that did plowiing did so with mules, except the Blankenships, they had a tractor. Pawpaw thought horses were for rich folks. He always said that a horse would eat you out of house and home and not give value in return. He said they were sickly. All I got to say is the mules were mean, mean, mean. And homely.

Me ke aloha
Malama pono,
Wanda
Go to Top of Page

rendesvous1840
Ha`aha`a

USA
1055 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2008 :  12:20:07 PM  Show Profile
My Dad and both Granpa's 'plowed' with a shovel. All the land anyone inmy family had was city lots.Not enough room to turn a plow around. The garage was bigger than the garden.
Paul

"A master banjo player isn't the person who can pick the most notes.It's the person who can touch the most hearts." Patrick Costello
Go to Top of Page

NANI
Lokahi

USA
292 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2008 :  08:19:04 AM  Show Profile  Visit NANI's Homepage
Still got the pictures of me trying to pretend to ride Granpas plow horse. He was so proud of him a REAL Draft used him for stud also had a draft mule but he was real sweet not at all mean. But then I am a true horse lover used to sneak off to sleep in the barn. Even as an adult my husband knew that if we had a foal or lambs due I would be sleeping in the barn till all was OK.
Yep on those cold wet winter days I really miss it all snug in my bed. :-) NOT! But I do still love to ride especially when we are in Hawaii. I even enjoyed the nose to tail trail ride down in Waipio Valley. The Hores were great and the guides great fun.

"A hui hou kakou, malama pono".
Nancy
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000