Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Talk Story
 Happy Thanksgiving
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

NANI
Lokahi

USA
292 Posts

Posted - 11/26/2008 :  04:40:13 AM  Show Profile  Visit NANI's Homepage
This was in an E-Mail I recieved this Morning And I thought I would share it
Happy Thanksgiving Taropatchers

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!! I AM THANKFUL:

FOR THE WIFE WHO SAYS IT'S HOT DOGS TONIGHT, BECAUSE SHE IS HOME WITH ME, AND NOT OUT WITH SOMEONE ELSE.

FOR THE HUSBAND WHO IS ON THE SOFA BEING A COUCH POTATO, BECAUSE HE IS HOME WITH ME AND NOT OUT AT THE BARS.

FOR THE TEENAGER WHO IS COMPLAINING ABOUT DOING DISHES BECAUSE IT MEANS SHE IS AT HOME, NOT ON THE STREETS.

FOR THE TAXES I PAY BECAUSE IT MEANS I AM EMPLOYED .

FOR THE MESS TO CLEAN AFTER A PARTY BECAUSE IT MEANS I HAVE BEEN SURROUNDED BY FRIENDS.

FOR THE CLOTHES THAT FIT A LITTLE TOO SNUG BECAUSE IT MEANS I HAVE ENOUGH TO EAT.

FOR MY SHADOW THAT WATCHES ME WORKBECAUSE IT MEANS I AM OUT IN THE SUNSHINE

FOR A LAWN THAT NEEDS MOWING, WINDOWS THAT NEED CLEANING, AND GUTTERS THAT NEED FIXING BECAUSE IT MEANS I HAVE A HOME

FOR ALL THE COMPLAINING I HEAR ABOUT THE GOVERNMENT BECAUSE IT MEANS WE HAVE FREEDOM OF SPEECH.

FOR THE PARKING SPOT I FIND AT THE FAR END OF THE PARKING LOT BECAUSE IT MEANS I AM CAPABLE OF WALKING AND I HAVE BEEN BLESSED WITH TRANSPORTATION .

FOR MY HUGE HEATING BILL BECAUSE IT MEANS I AM WARM.

FOR THE LADY BEHIND ME IN CHURCH WHO SINGS OFF KEY BECAUSE IT MEANS I CAN HEAR

FOR THE PILE OF LAUNDRY AND IRONING BECAUSE IT MEANS I HAVE CLOTHES TO WEAR.

FOR WEARINESS AND ACHING MUSCLES AT THE END OF THE DAY BECAUSE IT MEANS I HAVE BEEN CAPABLE OF WORKING HARD.

FOR THE ALARM THAT GOES OFF IN THE EARLY MORNING HOURS BECAUSE IT MEANS I AM ALIVE.

I AM THANKFUL: FOR THE crazy people I work with BECAUSE they make work interesting and fun!

AND FINALLY, FOR TOO MUCH E-MAIL BECAUSE ?

IT MEANS I HAVE FRIENDS AND RELATIVES WHO ARE THINKING OF ME.

"A hui hou kakou, malama pono".
Nancy

wcerto
Ahonui

USA
5052 Posts

Posted - 11/26/2008 :  07:04:05 AM  Show Profile
Hear, hear!

Happy Thanksgiving to all our TP `ohana. We wish you nothing but the best.

Me ke aloha
Malama pono,
Wanda
Go to Top of Page

guitarded
Ha`aha`a

USA
1799 Posts

Posted - 11/26/2008 :  7:58:13 PM  Show Profile

"Eh!! Go buy huli huli chicken instead!!"

Remember the reason for the season. \m/

Go to Top of Page

hapakid
Luna Ho`omalu

USA
1533 Posts

Posted - 11/27/2008 :  06:23:22 AM  Show Profile  Visit hapakid's Homepage
Many happy Mahalos, everyone!

Jesse Tinsley
Go to Top of Page

rendesvous1840
Ha`aha`a

USA
1055 Posts

Posted - 11/27/2008 :  07:10:24 AM  Show Profile
Happy thanksgiving to all and y'all be well.
Paul

"A master banjo player isn't the person who can pick the most notes.It's the person who can touch the most hearts." Patrick Costello
Go to Top of Page

Retro
Ahonui

USA
2368 Posts

Posted - 11/27/2008 :  07:43:50 AM  Show Profile  Visit Retro's Homepage
"Gobble, gobble" - from Retro & Momi.

And remember your fellow travelers who are suffering again at this time of year - do what you can, in your own way, to help them.
Go to Top of Page

markwitz
`Olu`olu

USA
841 Posts

Posted - 11/27/2008 :  07:44:51 AM  Show Profile
Ed, you are simply amazing!! HAPPY Thanksgiving to all. Perfect grilling conditions here in Santa Cruz, 56 Degrees, high marine layer to cut down on the glare, and most importantly a slight SW breeze to blow the smoke in the right direction. A hui hou.

"The music of the Hawaiians, the most fascinating in the world, is still in my ears and
haunts me sleeping and waking."
Mark Twain
Go to Top of Page

wcerto
Ahonui

USA
5052 Posts

Posted - 11/27/2008 :  08:43:47 AM  Show Profile
With that Santa Cruz weather, Norman, how do you go "over the river and thru the woods to Grandmother's house....

Gotta have snow for the horse to know the way, yeah? Nah, nah. I'd druther have 56 degrees instead of the fluffy white stuff.

Enjoy, all. I am going to eat like a pua`a. I figure one day of bad ain't going to be so terrible.

Me ke aloha
Malama pono,
Wanda
Go to Top of Page

slipry1
Ha`aha`a

USA
1511 Posts

Posted - 11/27/2008 :  09:18:56 AM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by wcerto

With that Santa Cruz weather, Norman, how do you go "over the river and thru the woods to Grandmother's house....

Gotta have snow for the horse to know the way, yeah? Nah, nah. I'd druther have 56 degrees instead of the fluffy white stuff.

Enjoy, all. I am going to eat like a pua`a. I figure one day of bad ain't going to be so terrible.

E, Wanda - thanks for all your suppot in my down times this year. Nani - it was great meeting you this year - wonderful post! Finally, it was over the creek & through the woods to my departed mother-in-law's (an my two youngest ones' beloved grandmother) - the kids used to sing it as we came to the creek at the end of our trek from Seattle to the outskirts of Eugene.

keaka
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 11/27/2008 :  10:39:14 AM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!!! My family has much to be thankful for this year. All the people that I have met here and outside of the 'patch are all part of our blessings in 2008. Wishing you and your families a safe and joyous holiday.

Andy
Go to Top of Page

markwitz
`Olu`olu

USA
841 Posts

Posted - 11/27/2008 :  11:06:27 AM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by wcerto

Eh Wanda,
Snow is great.....in it's place.....an' dat place is NOT in Santa Cruz.

Turkey's got another hour and a half or so, give or take. Not an exact science with a Webber ya know. Then we all be eatin' like pua'a da same as you!!

"The music of the Hawaiians, the most fascinating in the world, is still in my ears and
haunts me sleeping and waking."
Mark Twain
Go to Top of Page

alika207
Ha`aha`a

USA
1260 Posts

Posted - 11/28/2008 :  06:06:56 AM  Show Profile  Visit alika207's Homepage  Send alika207 an AOL message  Click to see alika207's MSN Messenger address  Send alika207 a Yahoo! Message
quote:
Originally posted by NANI

This was in an E-Mail I recieved this Morning And I thought I would share it
Happy Thanksgiving Taropatchers

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!! I AM THANKFUL:

FOR THE WIFE WHO SAYS IT'S HOT DOGS TONIGHT, BECAUSE SHE IS HOME WITH ME, AND NOT OUT WITH SOMEONE ELSE.

FOR THE HUSBAND WHO IS ON THE SOFA BEING A COUCH POTATO, BECAUSE HE IS HOME WITH ME AND NOT OUT AT THE BARS.

FOR THE TEENAGER WHO IS COMPLAINING ABOUT DOING DISHES BECAUSE IT MEANS SHE IS AT HOME, NOT ON THE STREETS.

FOR THE TAXES I PAY BECAUSE IT MEANS I AM EMPLOYED .

FOR THE MESS TO CLEAN AFTER A PARTY BECAUSE IT MEANS I HAVE BEEN SURROUNDED BY FRIENDS.

FOR THE CLOTHES THAT FIT A LITTLE TOO SNUG BECAUSE IT MEANS I HAVE ENOUGH TO EAT.

FOR MY SHADOW THAT WATCHES ME WORKBECAUSE IT MEANS I AM OUT IN THE SUNSHINE

FOR A LAWN THAT NEEDS MOWING, WINDOWS THAT NEED CLEANING, AND GUTTERS THAT NEED FIXING BECAUSE IT MEANS I HAVE A HOME

FOR ALL THE COMPLAINING I HEAR ABOUT THE GOVERNMENT BECAUSE IT MEANS WE HAVE FREEDOM OF SPEECH.

FOR THE PARKING SPOT I FIND AT THE FAR END OF THE PARKING LOT BECAUSE IT MEANS I AM CAPABLE OF WALKING AND I HAVE BEEN BLESSED WITH TRANSPORTATION .

FOR MY HUGE HEATING BILL BECAUSE IT MEANS I AM WARM.

FOR THE LADY BEHIND ME IN CHURCH WHO SINGS OFF KEY BECAUSE IT MEANS I CAN HEAR

FOR THE PILE OF LAUNDRY AND IRONING BECAUSE IT MEANS I HAVE CLOTHES TO WEAR.

FOR WEARINESS AND ACHING MUSCLES AT THE END OF THE DAY BECAUSE IT MEANS I HAVE BEEN CAPABLE OF WORKING HARD.

FOR THE ALARM THAT GOES OFF IN THE EARLY MORNING HOURS BECAUSE IT MEANS I AM ALIVE.

I AM THANKFUL: FOR THE crazy people I work with BECAUSE they make work interesting and fun!

AND FINALLY, FOR TOO MUCH E-MAIL BECAUSE ?

IT MEANS I HAVE FRIENDS AND RELATIVES WHO ARE THINKING OF ME.

Ah, mahalo! I had a great day yesterday. Ate till I was ma'ona! lol

He kehau ho'oma'ema'e ke aloha.

'Alika / Polinahe
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.12 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000