Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Talk Story
 YouTube: Akaka Falls
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

RWD
`Olu`olu

USA
850 Posts

Posted - 11/26/2008 :  03:58:20 AM  Show Profile
A young woman named Rachel singing and playing guitar so nicely.
One of my favorite songs, Akaka Falls :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2epErpI_uYE

Bob

wcerto
Ahonui

USA
5052 Posts

Posted - 11/26/2008 :  07:05:53 AM  Show Profile
That is Rachel Akaka, yes from that famous family. The young lady has plenty talent. How cool to sing Akaka Falls when your name is Akaka, yeah?

She can play slack key so very well, but we sure have not heard much from her lately. I wonder if maybe she went college or something.

Me ke aloha
Malama pono,
Wanda
Go to Top of Page

RWD
`Olu`olu

USA
850 Posts

Posted - 11/26/2008 :  09:31:01 AM  Show Profile
Hi Wanda
FYI, She does play slack key in her other videos. This one was done in standard tuning but that makes the chords easy to figure out just by watching.

Bob
Go to Top of Page

hapakid
Luna Ho`omalu

USA
1533 Posts

Posted - 11/26/2008 :  10:17:00 AM  Show Profile  Visit hapakid's Homepage
There several chord progressions that can underlay that melody, from plain to jazzy. I think the magic of that song is how the melody sounds like gently falling, and pooling, water.
Jesse
Go to Top of Page

RWD
`Olu`olu

USA
850 Posts

Posted - 11/28/2008 :  04:39:43 AM  Show Profile
Jesse
I like the Kimo West solo ver of this song and Rachels arr seems to have been influnced by it. Nathan Aweau does a really great version of the song too. My fav though is the YouTube choral group arranged by Kamuela Kimokeo and Barlow Bradford. Nothing like a good choir to raise the hair on you neck and arms!

Bob
Go to Top of Page

alika207
Ha`aha`a

USA
1260 Posts

Posted - 11/28/2008 :  05:59:32 AM  Show Profile  Visit alika207's Homepage  Send alika207 an AOL message  Click to see alika207's MSN Messenger address  Send alika207 a Yahoo! Message
quote:
Originally posted by Haole_Boy

A young woman named Rachel singing and playing guitar so nicely.
One of my favorite songs, Akaka Falls :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2epErpI_uYE

That's my friend Rachel Akaka. Isn't that just nani?

He kehau ho'oma'ema'e ke aloha.

'Alika / Polinahe
Go to Top of Page

alika207
Ha`aha`a

USA
1260 Posts

Posted - 11/28/2008 :  06:01:19 AM  Show Profile  Visit alika207's Homepage  Send alika207 an AOL message  Click to see alika207's MSN Messenger address  Send alika207 a Yahoo! Message
Oh, and Wanda, she's the same age as me and finishing up her senior year at Punahou. Actually we're both seniors. And she has kept posting videos, so check her page.

'Alika / Polinahe
Go to Top of Page

alika207
Ha`aha`a

USA
1260 Posts

Posted - 11/28/2008 :  06:03:00 AM  Show Profile  Visit alika207's Homepage  Send alika207 an AOL message  Click to see alika207's MSN Messenger address  Send alika207 a Yahoo! Message
Oh and one more thing: like I said before, I think, I was wishing that Kamalani and I had a men's choir because that version is the most nani one I've ever heard, probably. But maybe we could do a coed arrangement.

'Alika / Polinahe
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000