Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Talk Story
 Doug Fitch 'ukulele stolen
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Doug Fitch
Akahai

USA
80 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2008 :  10:15:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit Doug Fitch's Homepage
Aloha All, Today Wed 11/12/08 sometime between 12:20pm and 3:20pm my home in Kailua was burglarized. There are seldom instruments or anything of value in the house. On this occasion, however, the ice heads got my Pono tenor (PTS tenor with spruce top, gloss finish), see attached photo. The instrument has an internal pickup with battery in bag visible inside sound hole. Rope binding. Also, there are two wheel control knobs just inside soundhole. The 'uke has a black hard case that says Ko'olau on it. At about 3:30pm, the likely suspects, 2 local males and 1 female ages 20-25, dumped a mostly empty purse of my wife's in Waimanalo near the Waiamanalo Pharmacy (41-1610 Kalanianaole Hwy). They were driving white sedan. Fortunately a kind soul saw the idiots do this, and the good samaritan took the items into the pharmacy. Coincidentally, the pharmacist on duty knows my wife(!) who is a pharmacist in Kailua and he called her. Mahalo for your kokua should you see my 'ukulele show up. Most likely places are probably downtown pawn shops. Doug Doug FitchOriginal Music, Traditional Slack Key Guitar, Hawaiian231 Awakea Rd.
Kailua, HI 96734 USA
(808) 383-3684fax (808) 261-3979fitchdoug @ yahoo.comwww.dougfitchmusic.com http://youtube.com/user/dougfitchmusic

Doug Fitch
fitchdoug @ yahoo.com
www.dougfitchmusic.com
http://youtube.com/user/dougfitchmusic

javeiro
Lokahi

USA
459 Posts

Posted - 11/13/2008 :  04:16:46 AM  Show Profile
Doug, I'm sorry about your loss and I hope they get caught and you get your uke back. It must feel like a real violation to be burglarized. I did not see the photo attachment you mentioned in your post.

Aloha,
John A.
Go to Top of Page

rendesvous1840
Ha`aha`a

USA
1055 Posts

Posted - 11/13/2008 :  12:42:39 PM  Show Profile
Good luck getting your stuff back, Doug. Did anyone get the license #?
Paul

"A master banjo player isn't the person who can pick the most notes.It's the person who can touch the most hearts." Patrick Costello
Go to Top of Page

wcerto
Ahonui

USA
5052 Posts

Posted - 11/13/2008 :  1:34:27 PM  Show Profile
What a horrible violation of your sanctuary. I hope it does not frighten Violet too much. Best wishes and luck to you in recovering the instrument and recovering from the trauma of such a horrible thing.

Me ke aloha
Malama pono,
Wanda
Go to Top of Page

braddah jay
Lokahi

235 Posts

Posted - 11/13/2008 :  2:55:56 PM  Show Profile
Hey doug,sorry about da situation you goin thru.Need to get photo out on the instrument taken so we can keep an eye out,hopefully someone might spock em.More important catch dem buggahs!K-den
Go to Top of Page

Doug Fitch
Akahai

USA
80 Posts

Posted - 11/18/2008 :  01:50:15 AM  Show Profile  Visit Doug Fitch's Homepage
Hi Duke, Jay, Paul, Wanda, and John,

Thanks a lot for your support! I've uploaded an image of the uke at the following address.
http://i430.photobucket.com/albums/qq28/DougFitch/front.jpg
Hope I've done that right.
Wanda, you're right. Violet is scared now and that's the worst part. She wants a lock on her door now which doesn't make sense actually, so we're talking about it to make her feel safer. Poor lil gal. That's really what peevs me. You guys are all great.
Thanks for your aloha. Doug

Doug Fitch
fitchdoug @ yahoo.com
www.dougfitchmusic.com
http://youtube.com/user/dougfitchmusic
Go to Top of Page

abrigoohana
Lokahi

271 Posts

Posted - 11/18/2008 :  11:32:09 AM  Show Profile  Visit abrigoohana's Homepage
Aloha Doug,

I'm so sorry to hear about your uke! I just sent a copy of the original posting to Andrew at Hawaii Music Supply so he can watch for it too. I'll also spread the word the best I can to watch for it. If I'm not mistaken, Led got his guitar back from a young lady, what are the chances this is the same group of thieves? Let's not drive ourselves crazy over the possibilities.

In the mean time, have you considered purchasing a security system for you home? We invested in one after we were burglarized a few years back and it's done so much for our peace of mind. My father-in-law's alarm went off and it took the police 5 minutes to get there and they live down Mokuleia side!

I read a tip on the internet that might help Violet feel a little more comfortable, perhaps she can keep the car keys nearby if you have a car alarm. If she feels worried, she can set the car alarm off and chase the weirdies away. Hope it helps.

Much Aloha, Lanet and the Abrigo Ohana
Go to Top of Page

Trev
Lokahi

United Kingdom
265 Posts

Posted - 11/19/2008 :  12:18:52 AM  Show Profile
Hi Doug

Sorry to hear about the burglary - I've been burgled twice in my life (and one of those was last year! Boo!). The first time I had my guitar stolen - a fairly distinctive red Telecaster. What I did was called every music shop and second hand shop I could find within 50 miles to give them the description. Sure enough, the guy tried to sell it quickly to the second hand shop, but the shopkeeper just took it off him, told him that he thought it had been stolen, and that the robber was now on the CCTV, whereupon he (the robber) hastily exited stage left.

By the time the police contacted me, I told them that I'd already located it's whereabouts, so they didn't have to bother. Nevertheless, they picked it up from the shop for me, dusted it for fingerprints, and brought it back to me.

A similar thing happened with my friend's electric violin (that she'd made herself). I'd really recommend that you ring everywhere you can think of where the theiving so-and-so's might try and shift it. Best of luck!
Go to Top of Page

hawaiianmusiclover06
`Olu`olu

USA
562 Posts

Posted - 11/19/2008 :  01:34:37 AM  Show Profile  Visit hawaiianmusiclover06's Homepage  Send hawaiianmusiclover06 an AOL message  Click to see hawaiianmusiclover06's MSN Messenger address  Send hawaiianmusiclover06 a Yahoo! Message
Hey Doug, Sorry to hear that your 'ukulele got stolen. I know how precious your 'ukulele means to you. I know if my 'ukulele got stolen I would feel hurt. Hope that your 'ukulele will show up. I'll keep an eye out for you.

Alana :)

Aloha Kakou, maluhia a me aloha mau loa (Hello everyone, peace and love forever)
Go to Top of Page

thumbstruck
Ahonui

USA
2165 Posts

Posted - 11/21/2008 :  5:16:43 PM  Show Profile
I've been told that "it takes all kinds to make the world go around", but we know that it really doesn't. Some don't understand that they harm themselves as they harm others.
Go to Top of Page

noeau
Ha`aha`a

USA
1105 Posts

Posted - 11/21/2008 :  10:10:23 PM  Show Profile
Wow doug. I haven't contacted you in a while. I got a Pono to which I purchased from Kimo Hussey. Its a real good uke for the price and I'm sorry you lost yours. I feel that we all get alittle violated when a fellow music maker gets ripped of like that. I hope it comes back to you.

No'eau, eia au he mea pa'ani wale nō.
Go to Top of Page

alika207
Ha`aha`a

USA
1260 Posts

Posted - 11/22/2008 :  02:30:36 AM  Show Profile  Visit alika207's Homepage  Send alika207 an AOL message  Click to see alika207's MSN Messenger address  Send alika207 a Yahoo! Message
Sorry I haven't replied to this until today. I know it will come back to you soon. At least, I hope so. The chances are probably pretty good if Led and others had similar things happen. They all got their instruments back, so you probably will too.

He kehau ho'oma'ema'e ke aloha.

'Alika / Polinahe
Go to Top of Page

slipry1
Ha`aha`a

USA
1511 Posts

Posted - 11/22/2008 :  3:40:13 PM  Show Profile
I don't know if this will help, but Thumbs & me got a place at Kay's, so we boddah you in January. See you then, & thanks for the assistance.

keaka
Go to Top of Page

slackkey808
Akahai

USA
50 Posts

Posted - 11/24/2008 :  11:01:28 PM  Show Profile
Hey Doug, nice jamming with you at Ozzie's couple weeks back. Sorry to hear about your ukulele, I would look out for it, but I really don't get around too much. I'm mainly just in Makakilo and on weekends in Kaneohe. If I do go into a shop though I'll be sure to look out for it. Good luck.

Zack
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000