Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Talk Story
 Inauguration Day and Taropatch
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Konabob
`Olu`olu

USA
928 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2008 :  5:49:29 PM  Show Profile  Visit Konabob's Homepage  Send Konabob an AOL message
I ran into a Taropatcher the other day who confided that he will be playing at Obama's Inauguration Day Celibration. I will leave it to him to fill you in on the details, but just in case you happen to have the TV on that day, watch for three Hawaiian guys. Evidently, our new president enjoys Hawaiian music.

Kind of makes me proud...
Aloha,
-Konabob

Konabob's Walkingbass - http://www.konawalkingbass.com
Taropatch Steel - http://www.konaweb.com/konabob/
YouTube - http://www.youtube.com/results?search_type=&search_query=Konabob2+Walkingbass

wcerto
Ahonui

USA
5052 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2008 :  02:45:19 AM  Show Profile
who?????? I was wondering if somehow this president might somehow bring a bit of Hawaiian music with him to 1600 Pennsylvania Ave. Ah, I can jus hear it now, dem taro patch turn arounds floating in the air of da rose garden. Maybe da rose garden now going be one lo`i.

Must be someone on Big Island. Oooh, Konabob, now you make me crazy! You teasing me, brah.

Da Joka?
Keoki?
Konabob?
Braddah Smitty? Oh, wait, not one TP guy.
Bolo?
Don Kaulia?
Cannot be Auntie Diana or Leilehua, coz you say "he".

Me ke aloha
Malama pono,
Wanda

Edited by - wcerto on 11/07/2008 02:45:44 AM
Go to Top of Page

wcerto
Ahonui

USA
5052 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2008 :  02:46:59 AM  Show Profile
Oh, wait. Must be Dennis. Wasn't he going holoholo Big Island for someting?

Me ke aloha
Malama pono,
Wanda
Go to Top of Page

Momi
Lokahi

402 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2008 :  07:22:39 AM  Show Profile
I was having fun speculating as to who KB was referring to. Oh privileged TP member, please reveal yourself! (If can.)
Go to Top of Page

NANI
Lokahi

USA
292 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2008 :  08:11:12 AM  Show Profile  Visit NANI's Homepage
My money is on Keoki or maybe Sonny Lim?
Now I will deffinatly be watching the Inauguration Day

"A hui hou kakou, malama pono".
Nancy
Go to Top of Page

noeau
Ha`aha`a

USA
1105 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2008 :  09:07:31 AM  Show Profile
Das why da man is now the pres elect. he ran with Hawaiian values. You watch, da world going be a little bit better now. Especially if get Hawaiian music.

No'eau, eia au he mea pa'ani wale nō.
Go to Top of Page

alika207
Ha`aha`a

USA
1260 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2008 :  12:19:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit alika207's Homepage  Send alika207 an AOL message  Click to see alika207's MSN Messenger address  Send alika207 a Yahoo! Message
Oo! Nice! Gotta check that out.

He kehau ho'oma'ema'e ke aloha.

'Alika / Polinahe
Go to Top of Page

Kapila Kane
Ha`aha`a

USA
1051 Posts

Posted - 11/08/2008 :  12:10:31 PM  Show Profile
I know that O'Bama's grandmother in Hawaii just passed away....
Wonder how much time he's spent there...
Go to Top of Page

slipry1
Ha`aha`a

USA
1511 Posts

Posted - 11/08/2008 :  2:04:11 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Kapila Kane

I know that O'Bama's grandmother in Hawaii just passed away....
Wonder how much time he's spent there...

The newspaper here said he want back to see her just before she died. Took 2 days off for campaigning to do it.

keaka
Go to Top of Page

Auntie Maria
Ha`aha`a

USA
1918 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2008 :  04:51:44 AM  Show Profile
(Here's da scoops -- posted this to "Performances" forum on 11/5):

Mahalo to Eric Keawe, who just emailed me the beautiful invite to what will be an AWESOME inaugural celebration in DC on Jan 20!!! I'm web-challenged, unable to paste up the colorful invite -- but here's the text:

The Hawaii State Society of Washington D.C. welcomes you to be a part of history at the first-ever Hawaii Inaugural Ball to be held at the luxurious five-star Mandarin Oriental Hotel. Come celebrate our Nation's Inauguration with Hawaii's leaders in politics, business, education and more. Enjoy entertainment from Hawaii flown in for this special occasion, delicious food and an open bar.

Scheduled entertainment: Jake Shimabukuro, Raiatea Helm, Kohala, Eddie Kamae, The Aunty Genoa Ohana Ensemble, The Aloha Boys, and more to come.

Don't miss this exciting opportunity while tickets are still available! For more information please contact Micah (Kohono) Mossman at 202-510-3021. Tickets are available for purchase at $200. Please make checks payable to the "Hawaii State Society" and mail them to:
Mr. Thomas Penland, 6305 Water Way Drive, Falls Church VA 22204-1317

Auntie Maria
===================
My "Aloha Kaua`i" radio show streams FREE online every Thu & Fri 7-9am (HST)
www.kkcr.org - Kaua`i Community Radio
"Like" Aloha Kauai on Facebook, for playlists and news/info about island music and musicians!

Go to Top of Page

wcerto
Ahonui

USA
5052 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2008 :  05:16:58 AM  Show Profile
WOW!

Me ke aloha
Malama pono,
Wanda
Go to Top of Page

Retro
Ahonui

USA
2368 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2008 :  08:06:59 AM  Show Profile  Visit Retro's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Auntie Maria

Don't miss this exciting opportunity while tickets are still available! For more information please contact Micah (Kohono) Mossman at 202-510-3021. Tickets are available for purchase at $200. Please make checks payable to the "Hawaii State Society" and mail them to:
Mr. Thomas Penland, 6305 Water Way Drive, Falls Church VA 22204-1317

SOLD OUT - so says the HSS folks.
Go to Top of Page

guitarded
Ha`aha`a

USA
1799 Posts

Posted - 11/21/2008 :  05:06:49 AM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Konabob

I ran into a Taropatcher the other day who confided that he will be playing at Obama's Inauguration Day Celibration. I will leave it to him to fill you in on the details, but just in case you happen to have the TV on that day, watch for three Hawaiian guys.
I had a hunch was going be 9/11 Pentagon hero (and TP member) Isaac Ho'opi'i and the "Aloha Boys", but wasn't sure because their website shows four members in their group, but they will be there.
quote:
Ho'opi'i and two other Island expatriates — Irv Queja and Uncle Glen Hirabayashi — will perform as the Aloha Boys at the ball, which will be held after Barack Obama is sworn in as America's 44th president.
Go to Top of Page

wcerto
Ahonui

USA
5052 Posts

Posted - 11/21/2008 :  05:30:25 AM  Show Profile
When you read about Isaac Ho`opi`i, you will surely understand why he deserves such an honor. I've posted about him on here previously. Chicken skiin. And when we wen holoholo Washington for Makaha Sons last year, Isaac was the emcee. Mana.

http://www.taropatch.net/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=7276&SearchTerms=Pentagon

Me ke aloha
Malama pono,
Wanda

Edited by - wcerto on 11/21/2008 05:42:12 AM
Go to Top of Page

guitarded
Ha`aha`a

USA
1799 Posts

Posted - 11/21/2008 :  06:14:57 AM  Show Profile
Braddah Isaac, if you still lurking and read this, if "Braddah Barry" should show up while you guys are performing, try make him give you da shaka sign back. Chance of a lifetime, brah.\m/
Go to Top of Page

PearlCityBoy
Lokahi

USA
432 Posts

Posted - 11/21/2008 :  08:33:45 AM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by guavasunrise

quote:
Originally posted by Konabob

I ran into a Taropatcher the other day who confided that he will be playing at Obama's Inauguration Day Celibration. I will leave it to him to fill you in on the details, but just in case you happen to have the TV on that day, watch for three Hawaiian guys.
I had a hunch was going be 9/11 Pentagon hero (and TP member) Isaac Ho'opi'i and the "Aloha Boys", but wasn't sure because their website shows four members in their group, but they will be there.
quote:
Ho'opi'i and two other Island expatriates — Irv Queja and Uncle Glen Hirabayashi — will perform as the Aloha Boys at the ball, which will be held after Barack Obama is sworn in as America's 44th president.

Howzit,

The 4th guy in Aloha Boys, Ramon Camarillo, is also originally from Hawaii. He is a very talented ukulele player and singer, not to mention my high school classmate from Pearl City . Da buggah was great back then too!

Aloha,

Doug
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000