Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Talk Story
 Gabby & Peter - Waikiki Hula and Hi'ilawe
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

P.M. JR.
Akahai

USA
50 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2008 :  3:17:15 PM  Show Profile
New Videos of Gabby and Peter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RT4BA4WxnWE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVNykmeMLZI

Enjoy

Peter W.K. Moon

wcerto
Ahonui

USA
5052 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2008 :  4:01:31 PM  Show Profile
Peter - those were so great. I am not even Hawaiian and did not grow up with the music, but I know Bla and Martin and it feels to me almost sacred to see your father and Gabby together like that. Those films are priceless treasures and we who did not experience the history are so fortunate that you are sharing that legacy with us. It just looks like Gabby and your Dad were having a blast, great fun for those two! Pure and from the heart. And Gabby sure would yell at me for asking too many questions. He said to watch and not to ask questions, I think I would 'splode from holding in the questions!!!

Now all you gotta do is go make some of yourself so the next phase of the legacy and tradition continues. That is truly what gives me chicken skin. The continuity of it all.

Me ke aloha
Malama pono,
Wanda
Go to Top of Page

markwitz
`Olu`olu

USA
841 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2008 :  7:15:32 PM  Show Profile
Peter, thank you so much for posting these. They truly are something very special.

"The music of the Hawaiians, the most fascinating in the world, is still in my ears and
haunts me sleeping and waking."
Mark Twain
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000