Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Hawaiian Slack Key Guitar / Hawaiian Music
 Keiki's Dream Tab Guitar Duet
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

opentunings
Aloha

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 01/15/2009 :  03:16:32 AM  Show Profile
Does anyone have the tablature for Keiki Dream? Its a beautiful guitar duet found on Keola Beamre's CD Mauna Kea, White Mountain Journal. The Guitars are tuned to Keola's C Wahine tuning CGDGBE. The guitars are capo'd at the second and ninth frets. Have a listen. If there is a way to post the song let me know.
Aloha,
Mike

cpatch
Ahonui

USA
2187 Posts

Posted - 01/15/2009 :  06:55:45 AM  Show Profile  Visit cpatch's Homepage  Send cpatch an AOL message
Taropatch.net doesn't support the posting of tabs without the copyright holder's permission (which would be Keola in this case). Regardless, Keiki Dream it does not exist in any official form that I'm aware of.

Craig
My goal is to be able to play as well as people think I can.

Edited by - cpatch on 01/15/2009 10:21:06 AM
Go to Top of Page

RWD
`Olu`olu

USA
850 Posts

Posted - 01/15/2009 :  07:01:09 AM  Show Profile
Aloha opentunings
Check the taropatch rules about sharing tabs.
Keola probably sells the music so it is most likely available that way.

Bob
Go to Top of Page

opentunings
Aloha

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 01/16/2009 :  4:53:00 PM  Show Profile
I emailed a request to Keola's website to see if the tab was available. I have not gotten a response. I'm trying by ear to find some of the note on the fretboard. I like the tuning.
Go to Top of Page

Kapila Kane
Ha`aha`a

USA
1051 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2009 :  10:58:39 PM  Show Profile
I questioned that the 2nd guitar might be in some other, (like taropatch up 2--to give you some roots and harmonies in A) but then I checked George Winston's slack key tunings website,
and yes...you must have had this!
The G Winston site offers:
"Keiki Dream - On steel string guitar in this tuning in the key of C capoed up nine frets to sound in the key of A, and a second guitar part on nylon string guitar also in this tuning capoed up two frets to sound in the key of A and played in the key of G."

So the guitar capoed high I'd call melody, and that seems to be played mostly solo for the first portion...
I'd get that first...then explore the voicings for the "lower" guitar voicing/playing in G, and figure out the available voicings out of that lower guitar working in G (capoed 2) after I had established a base camp with the 9th fret capo guitar.

I listened to a stream of it on Ineem or something like that...it is cool and clear.
Main part sounds almost like a "high-string" guitar in that high capoing position.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000