Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Hawaiian Slack Key Guitar / Hawaiian Music
 TP Slack Key Learning Resource List Updated
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

cpatch
Ahonui

USA
2187 Posts

Posted - 01/19/2009 :  6:43:41 PM  Show Profile  Visit cpatch's Homepage  Send cpatch an AOL message
I've finally updated the master slack key learning resource list at http://www.patchett.com/kihoalu/tarosongs.htm - it now includes the following:

- Mark Nelson's "Hawaiian Slack Key" course at JamPlay.com
- Mark Nelson's latest tab downloads from Mark-O.com
- Keola Beamer's latest tab downloads from KeolaBeamer.com
- George Kahumoku's "D Wahine Tuning" DVD
- George Kahumoku's "Play Along Watch and Learn" DVD
- Keoki Kahumoku's "Intermediate Slack Key Guitar" DVD
- Ozzie Kotani's "Guitar Playing Hawaiian Style" DVD

This adds 49 songs and 5 sources to the list for a grand total of 377 songs from 37 sources.

For those of you not familiar with this list, it includes all commercially available (some out-of-print) learning resources for slack key songs. You can use it to look up songs by name, artist, tuning, source, or type of resource (DVD, book, etc.)...just click on a column heading to change the sort order.

As always, if you notice any mistakes or omissions please let me know. (BTW, the sporadic use of italics has no hidden meaning that I'm aware of...you can thank the idiosyncrasies of Excel for it.) Mahalo.

Craig
My goal is to be able to play as well as people think I can.

Edited by - cpatch on 01/19/2009 7:23:20 PM

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 01/19/2009 :  6:55:41 PM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
Wow, Craig, I am impressed. Thanks for updating and maintaining your comprehensive list.

Andy
Go to Top of Page

cpatch
Ahonui

USA
2187 Posts

Posted - 01/19/2009 :  7:21:45 PM  Show Profile  Visit cpatch's Homepage  Send cpatch an AOL message
No problem! I'm received a lot of feedback from people who have found it useful so it's definitely worth the effort.

Craig
Go to Top of Page

wcerto
Ahonui

USA
5052 Posts

Posted - 01/20/2009 :  02:36:47 AM  Show Profile
That George Kahumoku Watch and Learn DVD - are there lyrics/tab/chords that go along with it? I got it for Paul for Christmas. I was disappointed because no lyrics came with it. I guess we are supposed to learn the old way by watching and listening, but I thought maybe lyrics would be on it ala Karaoke style.

Me ke aloha
Malama pono,
Wanda
Go to Top of Page

Mark
Ha`aha`a

USA
1628 Posts

Posted - 01/20/2009 :  08:50:04 AM  Show Profile  Visit Mark's Homepage
Thanks for all your efforts, Craig.

Just to make your life interesting-- I'm working on "Old Time Hawaiian Slack" Vol II. No release date yet, but it'll probably be an internet only book.

Onward!
Go to Top of Page

cpatch
Ahonui

USA
2187 Posts

Posted - 01/20/2009 :  10:20:58 AM  Show Profile  Visit cpatch's Homepage  Send cpatch an AOL message
quote:
Originally posted by Mark

Thanks for all your efforts, Craig.

Just to make your life interesting-- I'm working on "Old Time Hawaiian Slack" Vol II. No release date yet, but it'll probably be an internet only book.

Sounds great, I look forward to it! (For anyone who learns well given tab and a recording I highly recommend "Old Time Hawaiian Slack" and the accompanying CD. It has to be the best deal in slack key learning resources around.)

Craig
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000