Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Hawaiian Slack Key Guitar / Hawaiian Music
 AG story out
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Russell Letson
`Olu`olu

USA
504 Posts

Posted - 04/22/2003 :  6:25:12 PM  Show Profile  Visit Russell Letson's Homepage
I've received my subscription copy of the June issue of Acoustic Guitar, which includes sm "On the Web" feature on Hawaiian music resources--"Island Talk Story." I'd guess that it will hit the newsstands pretty soon.

Most of the information won't be news to most of us here, but I did give TaroPatch.net a decent-size plug. I'll be curious to see whether it generates any additional traffic (though the site has already had one mention in the magazine).

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 04/22/2003 :  6:55:41 PM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
Mahalo nui loa Russell for your support and telling people about this site. You were posting to AMH and RMMGA way back when and now the AG article. Thanks and I look forward to reading the article.

Andy
Go to Top of Page

Pauline Leland
`Olu`olu

USA
783 Posts

Posted - 04/22/2003 :  7:15:29 PM  Show Profile
I'm looking forward to reading it, too. AG usually arrives in my mail box about 2 weeks after the first subscriber posts. Are you going to post in AG forums?

Pauline
Go to Top of Page

wdf
Ha`aha`a

USA
1153 Posts

Posted - 04/24/2003 :  10:25:05 AM  Show Profile
Great article, Russell. I read it this morning. Keep up the good work!

Dusty
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 04/29/2003 :  6:14:51 PM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
Still waiting for my issue. FYI, here's the issue to look out for:

Andy
Go to Top of Page

RJS
Ha`aha`a

1635 Posts

Posted - 04/29/2003 :  8:17:48 PM  Show Profile
Good work, Russell. Couldn't do a better job myself.
Raymond
San Jose
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 04/29/2003 :  10:02:42 PM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
I stopped by Guitar Center tonight and read the AG article. Well done Russell. And thank you for dedicating so much of it to our little community.

Andy
Go to Top of Page

koaguitarman
Aloha

USA
19 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2003 :  04:21:53 AM  Show Profile  Visit koaguitarman's Homepage
Good article Russell. Enjoyed it.
Russ

Russ
Go to Top of Page

Pauline Leland
`Olu`olu

USA
783 Posts

Posted - 05/14/2003 :  12:12:34 AM  Show Profile
The magazine arrived today, and you know what I read first! Good article, good publicity for Hawaiian music, and wow did this forum get a lot of ink!

Pauline
Go to Top of Page

cpatch
Ahonui

USA
2187 Posts

Posted - 05/14/2003 :  01:04:36 AM  Show Profile  Visit cpatch's Homepage  Send cpatch an AOL message
You're only just receiving your issue now Pauline? Your mailperson must be reading the magazine before delivering it!

Craig
My goal is to be able to play as well as people think I can.
Go to Top of Page

Pauline Leland
`Olu`olu

USA
783 Posts

Posted - 05/14/2003 :  01:29:56 AM  Show Profile
Craig, I think she takes my magazines home and waits until the dog finishes reading them! It's a very careful dog, no paw marks. :)

Pauline
Go to Top of Page

konavet
Aloha

USA
21 Posts

Posted - 05/14/2003 :  2:35:11 PM  Show Profile
I just got my AG a few days ago, too. But that's normal for mail in Hawaii. I'm lucky to get most mags in the same month they were published. Everything takes longer here, which is not necessarily a bad thing

Dr. Pat
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000