Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Performance/Event Announcements & Reviews
 Jeff Teves CD Release Party at Pakele Live
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

lynn
Lokahi

289 Posts

Posted - 06/17/2009 :  6:59:58 PM  Show Profile  Visit lynn's Homepage  Send lynn a Yahoo! Message
This week on Pakele Live! with Tony Solis we’re celebrating the release of “Lovely Sapphire of the Tropics,” the new CD by Jeffrey Teves - described by him as some of his all-time favorite “Hawaiian and Hapa Haole music of yesteryear, revisited.” In addition to the Jeff Teves Quartet, special guests will include Puamana, Kealoha Kalama, the Leo Nahenahe Singers, Kapono Naili'ili, and Chino Montero.

Under the name Kuliaikanu'u, Jeff (with Tote Conching and Henry Barrett), has been a mainstay in Waikiki for over 35 years. He has also played at the Sheraton Waikiki's lu’au with Myra English, and at the Surf Room with Kahauanu Lake, and more recently you can find him sitting in with Chino Montero, David Kamakahi, Jeff Peterson and more at Thai Sweet Basil in Manoa on Monday nights. In addition to Tote Conching, Henry Barrett, and Jeff Au Hoy, Brandon and Keoni Souza and Paul Kim all play with Jeff at various times as the Jeff Teves Quartet.

Please join us this Thursday, June 18 from 6-8 p.m. HST at the Pakele Lounge in the Ala Moana Hotel (410 Atkinson Dr., Honolulu). It’s free, and free parking is available next door at Ala Moana shopping center. Drinks are available for purchase, but as I’ve mentioned previously, the hotel is no longer serving food. (Hint: “Super Fresh” will deliver food to the hotel. The valets and others who work there often order from them. Their prices are quite reasonable, and the service is fast! I’ve had the garlic chicken, and oh my… SOOO ono! Their number is 398-5901.)

You may also watch live online at: http://www.pakelelive.com/
Those in Japan can watch at: http://www.j-wave.co.jp/

(If you watch online, don’t forget to email the show at pakele @ lava.net to say hi and let us know you’re watching – and from what part of the world!)
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000